It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS soldier storms hotel in Kenya attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So this is awesome, am going to guess there might be a bit more too than meets the eye but apparently the other day a SAS solider who is in Kenya as part of a training mission was on a "admin-run" just walking about minding his own business when al-Shabaab terrorists stormed a nearby hotel complex, killing 21 people, including a British charity worker and one American who had apparently survived 9/11.

So this lad basically had all his kit sitting in his car and the story goes the he just sprinted back, grabbed his kit, then stormed the hotel (ALONE!) rescues a couple of hostages then the local security guys turn up and he directs them and coordinates the rescue of the rest of the hostages.

The British SAS hero who stormed alone into an under-seige hotel in Kenya to rescue hostage was out shopping when the attack was launched, military legend Chris Ryan has revealed.

Link

The Sun have reported that

The hero is thought to have served in Iraq and Afghanistan and to be a top counter-terror warfare expert.

Yesterday, survivors hailed his heroics in the 19-hour attack on Nairobi’s DusitD2 hotel and office complex. Lucy Njeri said: “He carried out one of the wounded, then went back and did that again.

“There was a lot of confusion, a lot of people running around, but he stood out. He was very brave.”

Joshua Kwambai — who fled a restaurant there when the attack began — added: “This guy got there quick. I think he was one of first there. He had a mask on.

“We could see him talking to the police and army and they listened to him. They were looking at pieces of paper, maybe plans of the building.”

Now its probably worth noting that while there is lots of press stating that he was simply caught up in the incident there are also other reports that he was attached the the Kenyan unit (with US Navy SEALS) that was tasked with ending the incident in which over 700 civilians were moved to safety but either way its pretty cool story, aside of course from the sad deaths.

I would really encourage people to read the links because it does read like quite a fascinating story about what this guy done over there the other day.
edit on 17-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Either story could be truth. Wouldn't surprise me either way.

I've met SEALS, well one anyway, who served in it's earliest days, and in Vietnam. He's, in a phrase, someone you don't want to get on the bad side of...even today when he's on the shady side of 70. I can only imagine that SAS guys are much the same.

I'd almost pity those murdering jackholes...almost.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Yeh, this story has been run over here too.

I wonder if the people were killed before he stormed the complex or during, and they are painting him as a her to over the fact his action potentially led to the loss of those 14 lives.

Hell, maybe without his intervention a lot more could have been lost.

Nevertheless, great story, and if all true, the guys a hero!
edit on 17-1-2019 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Nah. When Al-Shabaab attacks a soft target, they're there to commit a massacre and die in the ensuing battle. It happens.. every time, and they've been doing this for over a decade.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin

Yeh, this story has been run over here too.

I wonder if the people were killed before he stormed the complex or during, and they are painting him as a her to over the fact his action potentially led to the loss of those 14 lives.

Hell, maybe without his intervention a lot more could have been lost.

Nevertheless, great story, and if all true, the guys a hero!

Well it was Al-Shabaab, they aren’t known for their kind treatment of hostages and were chucking explosives about.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
Nah. When Al-Shabaab attacks a soft target, they're there to commit a massacre and die in the ensuing battle. It happens.. every time, and they've been doing this for over a decade.

Al-Shabaab is made up of the dumbest people possible.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Either story could be truth. Wouldn't surprise me either way.

I've met SEALS, well one anyway, who served in it's earliest days, and in Vietnam. He's, in a phrase, someone you don't want to get on the bad side of...even today when he's on the shady side of 70. I can only imagine that SAS guys are much the same.

I'd almost pity those murdering jackholes...almost.

Best friend in my younger days was a former Seal...Never saw him really hurt anyone but watched numerous times as he would take down and immobilize tough guys who thought they could whip a Seal...He'd always let them up without inflicting too much damage...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
That is amazing. Cheers to that fellow! a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is an interesting article and gives some background analysis...

special-ops.org...

In fact, after some research, the truth is that he is not a “regular” SAS operator. Instead of that, he is part of the British Territorial Army SAS which is the reserve component of the famed Special Operations unit...

new topics

top topics

join