It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Owned: Pelosi’s Letter Effectively Bans Trump From Delivering State of the Union

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Trump denies aircraft for Pelosi's overseas trip in letter to her moments ago on Fox News.

lol

Isn't this a buffoonish opsec violation?

If its Trump's prerogative to eliminate his political rivals through violence/murder, why not just give the Taliban/ISIS her travel info secretly, ya know?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Trump denies aircraft for Pelosi's overseas trip in letter to her moments ago on Fox News.

lol

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhahahah!! I'm in tears!

Apparently happened as they were getting ready to depart.

link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: camain

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey
I wonder how Trump feels about being out maneuvered by Nancy Pelosi again?

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s letter asking President Donald Trump to delay the State of the Union address is less a request and more of an order, says a top Congressional scholar. Larry Tribe, professor of Constitutional law at Harvard Law School, says that as long as Pelosi is opposed to the State of the Union happening, as scheduled, on Jan. 29, it won’t happen. “Pelosi was basically uninviting the President, but doing it diplomatically,” Tribe tells Fortune. “The form in which the State of the Union address is delivered isn’t constitutionally specified, but if it’s to be delivered as a Joint Session of Congress as has become the custom, the House and Senate must jointly adopt a resolution to schedule it. Without that, he can’t come. Neither chamber has adopted such a resolution yet, and as long as Pelosi opposes it, it’s DOA

While the Constitution requires the president deliver a State of the Union address, there’s no language in there that demands it be a speech or in person.
Source

So, it his her house and her rules. Trump is denied the chance to "Grand Stand," before the nation, and whole time he must be going crazy knowing that Nancy and the Dems are laughing at him for being such a fool.

Well played, Nancy, well played.

What do you think Trump will try as an alternative? Will he request TV time, like his last "Address to the Nation," which was a boring, uninspired rehash of his talking points...blah...wall..blah..brown people...blah...

Who knows?

But I am sure some of you have opinions...

Enjoy!

This is my perspective, trump can’t give the state of the union in congress. Fine, all he needs to do is hold a rally in So solace warm, say Texas, state he will hold his state of the union address there, the. Force the tv changes to monitor his state of the union address nationally. It’s a win win. We see a nice 100k strong group of people cheering him, we hear their boos as he talks about the dems, and trump comes off as not letting Nancy control him.

Camain

That's exactly what I'd do. Hold a speech down at the border in front of like 100k supporters. The optics would destroy the dems....

lol Yes! All the while illegals are trying to get over the border. That would be so sweet!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

lol

They are sitting on a bus waiting!!!!!! hahahahah

Oh to only be a fly on the wall to hear the REEEEEEEEEEEE on that bus!
edit on 17-1-2019 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have a question.

If Trump decides he is gonna do the SOTU from congress Who the hell is going to stop him?

This is all funny dems but who is gonna stop him and how are they gonna do it exactly?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

lol

Oooooh that's even better!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

lol

Ha ha haaaaa.

“OWNED”

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Face it, Trump is the leader of a minority faction. He is now the first president in the history of Gallup polling to never reach majority approval of his job performance during his first two years. He has a 54 percent disapproval rating. In the mid-terms the Dems captured 40 seats, their biggest gain since the Watergate-era election of 1974 - independents and college-educated white have stampeded toward the Democrats.

I am sure his loyal minions will tune into 4CHAN, Breitbart, Fox, RT, and other Right-wing media to salivate as the glorious leader lies to them for the 7,000th time, and they will become emotionally involved and maybe even strangely excited in a tingly sort of way...but it is still a minority faction.

Now you can feel sad and dejected that most Americans think Trump is a fool, and will not watch his "Bigly State of the Union' and it will get terrible viewership.

edit on 17-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

lol

Is there a link to this? Please tell me there is

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

lol

Is there a link to this? Please tell me there is

It is on FOX right now. Television

edit on 17-1-2019 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

It will be the most viewed ever

Thanks nAncy

And cNn WILL be airing it live. And you know it.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Trumps letter...... LOL

He told her to fly commercial!

Trump Cancelling Pelosi's Trip

edit on 17-1-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

No one can. I encourage everyone to read up on the SOTU address. The last time in modern history it was postponed was when Reagan was in office and the Shuttle Disaster occurred the day of the address. Out of respect he postponed it.

A SOTU address is needed right now more than ever. The reason they want to stop it is they are no longer clap fests for the O. They deal with real issues. Point out problems that need to be rectified. That is what it is for. It is for the people not the House. They are the ones obstructing what the SOTU will ask for.

He should do the SOTU while Stormy does a pole dance behind him in the oval office surrounded by immigrant children wearing a Darth VAder mask...now THAT Would be awesome.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
I have a question.

If Trump decides he is gonna do the SOTU from congress Who the hell is going to stop him?

This is all funny dems but who is gonna stop him and how are they gonna do it exactly?

Nancy. Read back a few pages. It is explained that the US is not a banana republic, and we have separate branches of government, and that Nancy runs the house right now. The house has rules over who can speak, and when.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It's on the TV now. Pay for your commercial flight, not military.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

No one has told them they have to get off the bus yet.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Lol
CIC cancelled the use of the 89th airwing.
Lol

Guess they can pay themselves.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

No one has told them they have to get off the bus yet.

Hopefully they stage another ‘sit in’

Ha ha haaaaaa
“OWNED”

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

No, it does not. It is a courtesy. She has no control and she over played her hand. Now she also cannot fly overseas using military transport since Trump cancelled the trip.

I am dumbfounded how people think the POTUS is not in charge.
edit on Janpm31pmf0000002019-01-17T13:55:27-06:000127 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join