It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Owned: Pelosi’s Letter Effectively Bans Trump From Delivering State of the Union

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It used to be delivered to them in letter form, for over 100 years. Therefore, there's already precedent for doing it that way, it's not a new concept.

I'd be hard-pressed to justify all the logistics of expecting unpaid folks to not take advantage of that lack of pay hostility out of spite. Presenting the SOTU in letter form is simply wiser.
edit on 1/17/2019 by Nyiah because: clarity

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: shooterbrody

Dude, he's gonna light her senile ass up... I can't wait! Every time the democrats think they FINALLY got one over Trump, it backfires in their faces. Nancy will be left standing there making that face she made when she had a turd stuck in it, or whatever that was.

Just makes old 'Skull-Face' Pelosi look desperate, childish and petty.
Which, of course, she IS.

link   

Dude, he's gonna light her senile ass up... I can't wait! Every time the democrats think they FINALLY got one over Trump, it backfires in their faces. Nancy will be left standing there making that face she made when she had a turd stuck in it, or whatever that was.

Oh, you forgot Owning Donald Trump!

In the halls of Congress this afternoon, Pelosi told reporters Trump can deliver his speech from the Oval Office if he wants. More to the point, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer declared “The State Of The Union Is Off.”
Source

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Whatever lie you have to tell yourself so you don’t go postal. a reply to: LSU2018

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The stench of soiled monkeys and jackals fill the air. Peeew. Way past time to clean out Congress. Much of that smell would go with them.

If the "resistance" ever does manage to take out Trump, it won't be by any stoopid strategy of this magnitude.

The Prez wins this one easily.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

"Larry Tribe", a Globalist sellout and a traitor to his people...

What a joke.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Sorry, but word on the street is that Trump has cashed his final (bad) check....

Nancy Pelosi Is Winning

Trump, like Bush, has picked a fight that is popular with conservatives but unpopular with the public at large. Most Americans don’t think there’s a border crisis, don’t support a border wall, and blame Trump for the shutdown. As a result, Republican members of Congress are under more political pressure to back down than their Democratic counterparts, and the longer the shutdown continues, the more that pressure should grow. For the time being, at least, conservative opposition has forced Trump to shelve talk of declaring a national emergency. All of which means that the most likely outcome to the current standoff is that Trump caves. And since the wall was Trump’s signature campaign promise, such a retreat could depress conservative enthusiasm and impair his chances in 2020. “If he gives in,” Lindsey Graham recently warned, “that’s probably the end of his presidency.”
Source

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

In the halls of Congress this afternoon, Pelosi told reporters Trump can deliver his speech from the Oval Office if he wants. More to the point, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer declared “The State Of The Union Is Off.”
Source

I don't think the public gives two buckets of hamster piss if the SOTU is held in the halls of congress or at the local baseball stadium.

The Democrats have far more to lose than the President when it comes to this.... he can give the SOTU without them. This means they have no ability to show disagreement to the cameras by not standing / clapping, etc. In addiiton, they look like class A hypocrites if they then try to give the traditional response since they didn't want him to hold it in the first place.

The President controls the optics on this one and them even suggesting he not hold the SOTU shows they are getting desperate.
edit on 17-1-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Source

I don't think the public gives to buckets of hamster piss if the SOTU is held in the halls of congress or at the local baseball stadium.

The Democrats have far more to lose than the President when it comes to this.... he can give the SOTU without them. This means they have no ability to show disagreement to the cameras by not standing / clapping, etc. In addiiton, they look like class A hypocrites if they then try to give the traditional response since they didn't want him to hold it in the first place.

The President controls the optics on this one and them even suggesting he not hold the SOTU shows they are getting desperate.

See my prior post and source: Most Americans don’t think there’s a border crisis, don’t support a border wall, and blame Trump for the shutdown. As a result, Republican members of Congress are under more political pressure to back down than their Democratic counterparts, and the longer the shutdown continues, the more that pressure should grow. For the time being, at least, conservative opposition has forced Trump to shelve talk of declaring a national emergency. All of which means that the most likely outcome to the current standoff is that Trump caves. And since the wall was Trump’s signature campaign promise, such a retreat could depress conservative enthusiasm and impair his chances in 2020. “If he gives in,” Lindsey Graham recently warned, “that’s probably the end of his presidency.”

edit on 17-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

The white house has it's own little studio. They could set up in the oval office as has been done in the past and deliver the state of the union from there and Pelosi cant do a thing about it.

Question is, will anyone air it? After his last failed "Address to the Nation?"

I can think of a few. Cspan, Fox, One America News (OAN), News Max and I'm sure there are plenty of websites that would be glad to live stream it.
edit on 17-1-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I wonder how Trump feels about being out maneuvered by Nancy Pelosi again?

Enjoy!

And then Trump plays his 4D chess move when he asked to do the State of the Union Address at the Senate instead to not over tax the security that Peloci suggests would be the case at the House, and of course the Senate has said the security would not be an issue there...

Check...

That is not a "State of the Union." It is and Address to the Senate.

It's an address to this country on the state of America, given from the Senate Chamber.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

a reply to: StallionDuck

Post any thing you want, ducky. I am not stopping your feeble efforts.

Feeble? Feeble is that kool-aid you're drinking.

I'm just trying to help you out here, bud. But hey, if ignorance is your thing, be my guest.

I gave you the keys and you still don't want to walk through that door and see for yourself. Instead, you just want to sling mud at it. Or... Like these idiot dems who don't have a clue, just keep putting that bag of burning dog poo while ringing that bell and running away.

No one is answering. They know what it is. Let's just hope the Dems don't burn the whole thing down while they play their little pranks. Cowards..

Is that you? Are you one of those people hiding in the bush?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

The white house has it's own little studio. They could set up in the oval office as has been done in the past and deliver the state of the union from there and Pelosi cant do a thing about it.

I can think of a few. Cspan, Fox, One America News (OAN), News Max and I'm sure there are plenty on websites that would be glad to live stream it.

You forgot RT (formerly Russia Today). Can't forget about Trump's state run benefactors....
edit on 17-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Source

I don't think the public gives to buckets of hamster piss if the SOTU is held in the halls of congress or at the local baseball stadium.

He 100% WILL be holding the State if the Union address.
The State of the Union address is not ‘off’

This plays straight into the President’s hands and as per usual, he wins yet another round.

This years State of the Union will now be the most watched of all time and the dEmocrats aren’t even going to be there.

And this clown of an OP thinks cNn won’t be there to air it, live. They will. Media is a competition. Why would they want to miss out?

You’re right, they have more to lose and they have no way to respond.
‘Desperation’ doesn’t even begin to describe it

They’ve just played themselves, again. Now they’re about to be ‘owned’
edit on 17 1 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

As a vet of Iraq and Afghanistan and current active duty:

I don't fault anyone for avoiding Vietnam.
It was an illegal war based on an actual admitted false flag.

That is why I'm surprised by FilthyUSMonkey saying they were a vet as the vast majority of vets have your attitude. It is the non-vet that knows nothing about the military that screams the loudest about whether a person was in the service or not.

link   

a reply to: The GUT

Sorry, but word on the street is that Trump has cashed his final (bad) check....

Nancy Pelosi Is Winning

Trump, like Bush, has picked a fight that is popular with conservatives but unpopular with the public at large. Most Americans don’t think there’s a border crisis, don’t support a border wall, and blame Trump for the shutdown. As a result, Republican members of Congress are under more political pressure to back down than their Democratic counterparts, and the longer the shutdown continues, the more that pressure should grow. For the time being, at least, conservative opposition has forced Trump to shelve talk of declaring a national emergency. All of which means that the most likely outcome to the current standoff is that Trump caves. And since the wall was Trump’s signature campaign promise, such a retreat could depress conservative enthusiasm and impair his chances in 2020. “If he gives in,” Lindsey Graham recently warned, “that’s probably the end of his presidency.”
Source

Word on the street or from a Yahoo entertainment opinion piece? Do you know the difference?

Do you go out much?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
a reply to: watchitburn

How do you feel about the Persian Gulf War in 1991? We know now that Saddam Hussein didn't have any chemical weapons, and that Bush, Rumsfeld, Powell, etc., were blatantly lying to us when they said he did.

I agree we should not have been in Iraq. I'd love for Bush and Cheney and gang to be held accountable for that.

But there were in fact chemical weapons in Iraq. I saw them with my own eyes. The insurgents used them in some of their IEDs. I know guys who got burned by the mustard gas.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I wonder how Trump feels about being out maneuvered by Nancy Pelosi again?

Enjoy!

And then Trump plays his 4D chess move when he asked to do the State of the Union Address at the Senate instead to not over tax the security that Peloci suggests would be the case at the House, and of course the Senate has said the security would not be an issue there...

Check...

That is not a "State of the Union." It is and Address to the Senate.

It's an address to this country on the state of America, given from the Senate Chamber.

Not quite: The formal basis for the State of the Union Address is from the U.S. Constitution: The President “shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient.” Article II, Section 3, Clause 1.

That word "Congress" in there means the Senate and The House.

So now you know!

Leaning is fun!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

I can think of a few. Cspan, Fox, One America News (OAN), News Max and I'm sure there are plenty on websites that would be glad to live stream it.

You forgot RT (formerly Russia Today). Cna't forget about Trump's state run benefactors....

HAHAHAHAHA You honestly believe that CNN and MSNBC wouldn't air Trump's speech?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Tsst... Yahoo and Independent UK?

Ooooookay

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join