It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Owned: Pelosi’s Letter Effectively Bans Trump From Delivering State of the Union

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey
a reply to: caterpillage

Trump should do the state of the Union from a local Chilis while eating a plate of nachos and sipping a beer.

He doesn't drink beer. I hear he is fond of another, yellow, often frothy liquid though. I think he uses it topically, however.

Proving yet again how woefully ill informed you are as well as proving you have no problem repeating fake news.

Good going. Keep up the good work.
edit on 17-1-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: camain

I wonder how Trump feels about being out maneuvered by Nancy Pelosi again?

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s letter asking President Donald Trump to delay the State of the Union address is less a request and more of an order, says a top Congressional scholar. Larry Tribe, professor of Constitutional law at Harvard Law School, says that as long as Pelosi is opposed to the State of the Union happening, as scheduled, on Jan. 29, it won’t happen. “Pelosi was basically uninviting the President, but doing it diplomatically,” Tribe tells Fortune. “The form in which the State of the Union address is delivered isn’t constitutionally specified, but if it’s to be delivered as a Joint Session of Congress as has become the custom, the House and Senate must jointly adopt a resolution to schedule it. Without that, he can’t come. Neither chamber has adopted such a resolution yet, and as long as Pelosi opposes it, it’s DOA

While the Constitution requires the president deliver a State of the Union address, there’s no language in there that demands it be a speech or in person.
Source

So, it his her house and her rules. Trump is denied the chance to "Grand Stand," before the nation, and whole time he must be going crazy knowing that Nancy and the Dems are laughing at him for being such a fool.

Well played, Nancy, well played.

What do you think Trump will try as an alternative? Will he request TV time, like his last "Address to the Nation," which was a boring, uninspired rehash of his talking points...blah...wall..blah..brown people...blah...

Who knows?

But I am sure some of you have opinions...

Enjoy!

This is my perspective, trump can’t give the state of the union in congress. Fine, all he needs to do is hold a rally in So solace warm, say Texas, state he will hold his state of the union address there, the. Force the tv changes to monitor his state of the union address nationally. It’s a win win. We see a nice 100k strong group of people cheering him, we hear their boos as he talks about the dems, and trump comes off as not letting Nancy control him.

Camain

That's exactly what I'd do. Hold a speech down at the border in front of like 100k supporters. The optics would destroy the dems....

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

I think he's talking about when Trump gave a speech from his office the other night. It was 8 minutes and by the time a lot of people realized it was on, the cameras had switched over to the robotic and half dead looking Chuck and Nancy. That's the one where they were pretending to show concern.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
he should do it at a military base. say in Afghanistan and tell the troops that they are going home to be with their families.

then thank nancy for making this all possible by not letting him speak in the capital

Maybe bone-spurs could go out on a few patrols and show the troops how to get 'er done? He knows more then all the generals, after all.

Note: As a vet, I am not disparaging our fine troops with this comment. I am disparaging the draft-dodger in chief.

As a vet of Iraq and Afghanistan and current active duty:

I don't fault anyone for avoiding Vietnam.
It was an illegal war based on an actual admitted false flag.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This is how it will work out for Pelosi.

She throws her temper tantrum and doesn't allow the President to give the speech as normal.

President says f her and gives the SOTU at a location where thousands of people can see and hear.

It is a massive success.

SOTUs going forward are moved to different locations around the country generating millions in revenue for the hosting cities. President Trump goes down in history for bringing the SOTU to the people instead of the stuffy old politicians.

Nancy Pelosi will be remembered as a stain on US politics but humorously indirectly responsible for many policies that benefit the American people.

President Trump is handed yet another win by the Dims self destructing.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So the majority of Americans are too stupid to understand how crappy a move by her and Congress this is? I would think it would make citizen who care think that Congress is dropping to an even lower level of uselessness.

Very petty...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Exactly. They wouldn't be able to be caught on camera scoffing and chewing turds and walking out, etc...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I wonder how Trump feels about being out maneuvered by Nancy Pelosi again?

Enjoy!

And then Trump plays his 4D chess move when he asked to do the State of the Union Address at the Senate instead to not over tax the security that Peloci suggests would be the case at the House, and of course the Senate has said the security would not be an issue there...

Check...

That is not a "State of the Union." It is and Address to the Senate.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
he should do it at a military base. say in Afghanistan and tell the troops that they are going home to be with their families.

then thank nancy for making this all possible by not letting him speak in the capital

Maybe bone-spurs could go out on a few patrols and show the troops how to get 'er done? He knows more then all the generals, after all.

Note: As a vet, I am not disparaging our fine troops with this comment. I am disparaging the draft-dodger in chief.

We haven't had a president who served in the military since HW Bush. Get over it already.

Clinton was a known draft dodger. George W Bush served in an Air Nation Guard Unit that never left Texas, and by most accounts he largely blew off his duty obligations. Obama didn't serve in any way. At least Trump supports the troops.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

should Lincoln have fired multiple generals during the civil war? if the generals know better then a civilian president

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Has anyone pointed out Pelosi actually getting owned?

From her letter:

In September 2018, Secretary Nielsen designated State of the Union Addresses as National Special Security Events (NSSEs), recognizing the need for “the full resources of the Federal Government to be brought to bear” to ensure the security of these events. The extraordinary demands presented by NSSEs require weeks of detailed planning with dozens of agencies working together to prepare for the safety of all participants.

The U.S. Secret Service was designated as the lead federal agency responsible for coordinating, planning, exercising, and implementing security for National Special Security Events by Public Law 106-544, December 19, 2000. However, both the U.S. Secret Service and the Department of Homeland Security have not been funded for 26 days now — with critical departments hamstrung by furloughs.

Whereas Secretary Nielsen had the following to say:

The Department of Homeland Security and the US Secret Service are fully prepared to support and secure the State of the Union. We thank the Service for their mission focus and dedication and for all they do each day to secure our homeland.

Now tell me where exactly is the ownage happening?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

How do you feel about the Persian Gulf War in 1991? We know now that Saddam Hussein didn't have any chemical weapons, and that Bush, Rumsfeld, Powell, etc., were blatantly lying to us when they said he did.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

The only person getting owned is the one who started this silly thread!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

a reply to: camain

Can Trump even draw a crowd anymore? During his "National Address" Chuck and Nancy got better ratings than he did. 100K?

Don't think so.

Are you daft? Can Trump even draw a crowd?

*rolls eyes*

If Nancy and Chuck got better ratings it was only because all the world loves a freak show.

Don't think his base is behind him anymore:
Trump's support plummeting among white Americans without degrees amid government shutdown, poll shows

Support for Donald Trump has waned significantly among a key group of working-class voters during the longest government shutdown in US history, polls indicate. The president’s approval rating among white Americans without university degrees has plummeted in the last month, according to separate surveys by Quinnipiac University and CNN. The demographic is seen as crucial to Mr Trump, with two-thirds backing him in the 2016 election. Fifty-three per cent of white voters with no degree approve of the president’s performance, down from 56 per cent on 19 December, found the Quinnipiac poll. His disapproval rating has increased from 37 per cent to 43 per cent, according to the survey. CNN’s research put the same group’s support for Mr Trump at 45 per cent, down from 54 per cent a month ago. The rating is his lowest polled by a CNN survey of white Americans without degrees, by one per cent. The CNN poll found 55 per cent of all Americans placed most of the blame for the government shutdown on the president, compared to 22 per cent who blamed Democrats in congress. Forty-five per cent of white Americans without university degrees blamed Mr Trump, with 39 per cent blaming Democrats.

Source
Source
Source
edit on 17-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
He is playing these idiots like a fine violin.

On another note, I have hundreds of friends that are 100% behind Trump. None have wavered in support.

Fred..
edit on 17-1-2019 by fredrodgers1960 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

If it makes you happy to believe this I suppose that does no harm....So have at it.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Pelosi represents an area where 100s of people, may be more, crap on the side walks. If she can't fix that I think our federal issues are way beyond her skills.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

The only person getting owned is the one who started this silly thread!

Yep.
And they’re still here trying desperately to recover it.

Owned
edit on 17 1 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: shooterbrody

Dude, he's gonna light her senile ass up... I can't wait! Every time the democrats think they FINALLY got one over Trump, it backfires in their faces. Nancy will be left standing there making that face she made when she had a turd stuck in it, or whatever that was.

Just makes old 'Skull-Face' Pelosi look desperate, childish and petty.
Which, of course, she IS.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
MAGA for you guys..

Pelosi should be in a care home imo...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join