It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Owned: Pelosi’s Letter Effectively Bans Trump From Delivering State of the Union

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
I can’t wait to see him laughing from a jail cell. a reply to: LSU2018

I can't wait to see Hillary Clinton waving back at us from the moon... without a spacesuit.

That makes about as much sense as what you said.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: headorheart
a reply to: snarfbot

No, but she can uninvited him. Which she did. The delivery method and timing are optional. He can still give a State of the Union just not in the traditional sense.

How many people in this country would know what a traditional SotU address is?

I would bet not a high percentage, but more now that this happened.

Exactly, not a high percentage. Hell I've been deep into politics for 19 years and I never knew, nor cared enough to know, what a traditional SotU address was. It's just a speech and I highly doubt anyone minds where that speech is given from.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey
I wonder how Trump feels about being out maneuvered by Nancy Pelosi again?

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s letter asking President Donald Trump to delay the State of the Union address is less a request and more of an order, says a top Congressional scholar. Larry Tribe, professor of Constitutional law at Harvard Law School, says that as long as Pelosi is opposed to the State of the Union happening, as scheduled, on Jan. 29, it won’t happen. “Pelosi was basically uninviting the President, but doing it diplomatically,” Tribe tells Fortune. “The form in which the State of the Union address is delivered isn’t constitutionally specified, but if it’s to be delivered as a Joint Session of Congress as has become the custom, the House and Senate must jointly adopt a resolution to schedule it. Without that, he can’t come. Neither chamber has adopted such a resolution yet, and as long as Pelosi opposes it, it’s DOA

While the Constitution requires the president deliver a State of the Union address, there’s no language in there that demands it be a speech or in person.
Source

So, it his her house and her rules. Trump is denied the chance to "Grand Stand," before the nation, and whole time he must be going crazy knowing that Nancy and the Dems are laughing at him for being such a fool.

Well played, Nancy, well played.

What do you think Trump will try as an alternative? Will he request TV time, like his last "Address to the Nation," which was a boring, uninspired rehash of his talking points...blah...wall..blah..brown people...blah...

Who knows?

But I am sure some of you have opinions...

Enjoy!

This is my perspective, trump can’t give the state of the union in congress. Fine, all he needs to do is hold a rally in So solace warm, say Texas, state he will hold his state of the union address there, the. Force the tv changes to monitor his state of the union address nationally. It’s a win win. We see a nice 100k strong group of people cheering him, we hear their boos as he talks about the dems, and trump comes off as not letting Nancy control him.

Camain

link   
Yea, good luck with that. He will be giving it whenever and wherever he wants, and they are going to look like the A holes they are. I’m sure you will find a way to celebrate those awesome Left Wingers on vacation, collecting big check, all on our tax dollars.
But Trump is the bad guy for wanting to do his job. You guys are a joke.
edit on 17-1-2019 by TexasTruth because: Spells

link   
I'm sure Mitch McConnell could invite Trump to the Senate for the SOTU. Or, since half the Democrats are banging hookers in Puerto Rico right now, just show up in the House and tell Nancy to hold a vote to cancel it.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

edit on 17-1-2019 by TexasTruth because: Double post

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
he should do it at a military base. say in Afghanistan and tell the troops that they are going home to be with their families.

then thank nancy for making this all possible by not letting him speak in the capital

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
I can’t wait to see him laughing from a jail cell. a reply to: LSU2018

You better learn some patience then, if you can't wait, is all I can tell you.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Trump should do the state of the Union from a local Chilis while eating a plate of nachos and sipping a beer.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Would also save a ton of taxpayers money if he did it withoutthem from oval office

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Would also save a ton of taxpayers money if he did it withoutthem from oval office

That would be a good move in my book!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: camain

Can Trump even draw a crowd anymore? During his "National Address" Chuck and Nancy got better ratings than he did. 100K?

Don't think so.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Can Trump even draw a crowd anymore? During his "National Address" Chuck and Nancy got better ratings than he did. 100K?

Don't think so.

Are you daft? Can Trump even draw a crowd?

*rolls eyes*

If Nancy and Chuck got better ratings it was only because all the world loves a freak show.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
he should do it at a military base. say in Afghanistan and tell the troops that they are going home to be with their families.

then thank nancy for making this all possible by not letting him speak in the capital

Maybe bone-spurs could go out on a few patrols and show the troops how to get 'er done? He knows more then all the generals, after all.

Note: As a vet, I am not disparaging our fine troops with this comment. I am disparaging the draft-dodger in chief.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Trump should do the state of the Union from a local Chilis while eating a plate of nachos and sipping a beer.

He doesn't drink beer. I hear he is fond of another, yellow, often frothy liquid though. I think he uses it topically, however.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I wonder how Trump feels about being out maneuvered by Nancy Pelosi again?

Enjoy!

And then Trump plays his 4D chess move when he asked to do the State of the Union Address at the Senate instead to not over tax the security that Peloci suggests would be the case at the House, and of course the Senate has said the security would not be an issue there...

Check...

edit on 17-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Don't think so.

You would know if you watched his rallies. He always draws in thousands with thousands more sitting outside because the place he's at won't fit everyone.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Huge SOTU rally is perfect!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Note: As a vet, I am not disparaging our fine troops with this comment. I am disparaging the draft-dodger in chief.

You are a vet? I would never have guessed...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
He can just do it on the floor of the Senate.

If tweedle dee and the democrats don't want to show up to represent their constituents, that's on them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join