It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Owned: Pelosi’s Letter Effectively Bans Trump From Delivering State of the Union

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Who cares, he can give the SOTU speech from the oval office or anyplace he chooses.

This only makes Pelosi look crazy. Well, crazier!

link   
He'll probably just tweet it.

+1 more 
link   
I think Pelosi is very bad for the best interests of the American people. I rarely watch the State of the Union address anyway, it is just a bragging session anyway, it always has been and always will be. Who needs it.....but still, the Irational actions of Pelosi are not good for our country. She is actually much worse than Trump in her stubbornness and irrationality.

Why can't we get Rational people in those high ranking jobs in our government, why do we allow these horned creatures to lock their horns in battle to get what they want.

Well, at least we are getting some entertainment for all the tax dollars we spend.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
He’s going to deliver the State of the Union address. And it will be aired, live.
And watched by millions.

Any lEFtard who thinks otherwise is a moron.

Maybe he can do it in an airplane hanger somewhere in "fly-over" country. Give away some hats and tee-shirts.

Real Donald Trump style of "classy." Maybe get some take-out from McDonalds for the reception afterwards....
edit on 17-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart
a reply to: snarfbot

No, but she can uninvited him. Which she did. The delivery method and timing are optional. He can still give a State of the Union just not in the traditional sense.

How many people in this country would know what a traditional SotU address is?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarfbot
Pelosi says lots of idiotic things.

This is just another of them. She cant just veto the state of the union address.

Not only that but she only said it would be a good idea if he posted it instead of said it live. She didn't even tell him he couldn't nor would it matter is she did. She doesn't have that kind of power.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

He’s going to deliver the State of the Union address. And it will be aired, live.
And watched by millions.

Maybe he can do it in an airplane hanger somewhere in "fly-over" country. Hive away some hats and tee-shirts.

Real Donald Trump style of "classy." Maybe get some take-out from McDonalds for the reception afterwards....

As if there is anything wrong with either?
Nice elitist post.
It is this perspective that got you trump, interesting you double down. You want a second term?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Also, with the 100s of furloughed workers at TSA, the Fight Controllers, SS, FBI, etc., that aren't being paid, aren't working, are calling in sick and/or are understaffed and overworked, it potentially puts the traveling VIPs and their staffs at risk during their trip to and from DC, for the SOTU, and their stay there as well.

As opposed to hanging out on a beach in hawaii, vacationing, you mean?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

No, but she can uninvited him. Which she did. The delivery method and timing are optional. He can still give a State of the Union just not in the traditional sense.

I would bet not a high percentage, but more now that this happened.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

Trump can, and should, deliver his State of the Union speech as planned, but from the Oval Office.

Speaker Pelosi is right. Even though Homeland Security and the Secret Service could conceivable do their job in protecting all the VIPs that would be present at the speech, within the Halls of Congress, they would be doing so without pay.

Also, with the 100s of furloughed workers at TSA, the Fight Controllers, SS, FBI, etc., that aren't being paid, aren't working, are calling in sick and/or are understaffed and overworked, it potentially puts the traveling VIPs and their staffs at risk during their trip to and from DC, for the SOTU, and their stay there as well.

Man, I would actually watch that (on YouTube, 4CHAN, Breitbart - or where ever it is live-streamed from) just to see the strained, awkward delivery of his plump a$$ sitting at that desk, trying to read a one-hour speech, and mispronouncing every word over one syllable...no applause, no shaking hands, just his old, senile delivery...Classic. He will lose more of his base in that one hour than when Muellers report comes out...
edit on 17-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Here is the letter for all to see.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

Dude, he's gonna light her senile ass up... I can't wait! Every time the democrats think they FINALLY got one over Trump, it backfires in their faces. Nancy will be left standing there making that face she made when she had a turd stuck in it, or whatever that was.

I agree.
She is dumb for attempting this.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

a reply to: StallionDuck

Here are other sources:

Say Trump walked out into the Hall of the House. Could he clear his throat and start giving a speech? This is where the president might finally arrive at a road block. The House is governed by a detailed set of parliamentary procedures, which make demands of decorum. There are all sorts of rules determining who can speak when and on what, but, in general, as Speaker of the House, Pelosi controls the flow of debate on the House floor. Without express permission from Pelosi, Trump could not start giving a speech in the Hall of the House.[/exnewsSource

As he weighs a response to Pelosi, Trump could not go forward with a State of the Union address in Congress without her blessing. Donald Ritchie, former historian of the Senate, said that anytime a president comes to speak, it must be at the request of Congress. Trump could opt to deliver a speech somewhere else, like the Oval Office, but it would not have the same ritualistic heft.
Source

tate of the Union addresses are traditionally made to a joint session of Congress in the House chamber at the invitation of the House speaker. The House and Senate must pass a resolution to formalize the invitation — which has not happened this year.
Source

Need more?

Yeah, how about pulling up the actual Article of the Constitution and let's break it down. You sure you want to go down that road with me? I know what it says. Do you? Seriously. Read it. I'll give you a head start.

— Article II, Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution

If you still feel like they're telling you the truth, come back with focal points of that Article and I'll lay the smack down on you like Trump is doing to Pleurisy... errr Pelosi.
edit on 17-1-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Traditional is in Writing.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I wonder how Trump feels about being out maneuvered by Nancy Pelosi again?

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s letter asking President Donald Trump to delay the State of the Union address is less a request and more of an order, says a top Congressional scholar. Larry Tribe, professor of Constitutional law at Harvard Law School, says that as long as Pelosi is opposed to the State of the Union happening, as scheduled, on Jan. 29, it won’t happen. “Pelosi was basically uninviting the President, but doing it diplomatically,” Tribe tells Fortune. “The form in which the State of the Union address is delivered isn’t constitutionally specified, but if it’s to be delivered as a Joint Session of Congress as has become the custom, the House and Senate must jointly adopt a resolution to schedule it. Without that, he can’t come. Neither chamber has adopted such a resolution yet, and as long as Pelosi opposes it, it’s DOA

While the Constitution requires the president deliver a State of the Union address, there’s no language in there that demands it be a speech or in person.
Source

So, it his her house and her rules. Trump is denied the chance to "Grand Stand," before the nation, and whole time he must be going crazy knowing that Nancy and the Dems are laughing at him for being such a fool.

Well played, Nancy, well played.

What do you think Trump will try as an alternative? Will he request TV time, like his last "Address to the Nation," which was a boring, uninspired rehash of his talking points...blah...wall..blah..brown people...blah...

Who knows?

But I am sure some of you have opinions...

Enjoy!

Did you really write "well played, nancy, well played." LOL

The only thing shes played is herself... Trump still has many options to giving the SOTU address. Nancy is also full of complete BS stating security concerns for not allowing it. Especially, when you consider she never contacted secret service. And it doesn't help her case that the secret service stated there's no security concern, and that they're ready for the SOTU address. Nancy cares about SOTU address security, but not border security... She is a complete political hack.. She deserves ZERO "well played" because she's only played herself, the democratic party and this country.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Post any thing you want, ducky. I am not stopping your feeble efforts.

link   

And watched by millions.

Maybe he can do it in an airplane hanger somewhere in "fly-over" country. Give away some hats and tee-shirts.

You’re hurting. That’s obvious.
pElosi has hindered him by zero point zero percent.

And you know it

link   

And watched by millions.

It was thoroughly enjoyed by the National Champions so why wouldn't it be thoroughly enjoyed by others?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I can’t wait to see him laughing from a jail cell. a reply to: LSU2018

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Real time lessons with Donald Trump

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join