It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Owned: Pelosi’s Letter Effectively Bans Trump From Delivering State of the Union

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey
a reply to: CharlesT

OK, how do you suggest getting your agenda enacted? Door to door? Comic strips? A full-length documentary?

Riots in the streets of Washington DC. Only fear of uprising will motivate the sob's. If they see pitchforks they will react.

Riots are so 20th century. Do something cyber. Cut off their Netflix, Facebook, Youtube and Twitter. They will comply....

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

OK, how do you suggest getting your agenda enacted? Door to door? Comic strips? A full-length documentary?

Riots in the streets of Washington DC. Only fear of uprising will motivate the sob's. If they see pitchforks they will react.

Riots are so 20th century. Do something cyber. Cut off their Netflix, Facebook, Youtube and Twitter. They will comply....

Right! That'll show them who is boss.

I'm 68 and at best, at best, have another 10 years. I don't see anything they can do to effect me to the point of going ballistic at this point. It's up to the younger generations to confront their criminality and lack of earnest service to the citizens of this nation. Maybe that includes you. When you get fed up enough to act, I'll support you 100%.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

You know what would be even more epic - if Trump flew down to the border and held the SOTU address there juuussstt on his side of the border - livestreamed on YT and periscope of course, and just to top it off, Trump uninvites Pelosi who again doesn't get to fly in a military chopper/aircraft - for a 2nd time.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I am 56, so I will be following you shortly. All too shortly.

Time to slowly pass the torch off to the younger folks. I wish them well, and I really do think they will surprise us (if we are around) with what they come up with. 56 years ago, some things might have been better, but no one remembers how a car only lasted about 80,000 miles, surgery involved a real chance of death, and the food was the same, every day. Usually brown stuff covered with brown liquid.
I tell my kids about only having 3 channels of TV, walking everywhere or riding your bike, using pay telephones, never having pizza, never going to the doctor unless you were actually dying, and eating beans and rice on the last week of the month.
They laugh.
I think they will be fine.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I earlier made the statement that the Department of Education needs to be eliminate and passed back to the states. The problem with the younger generations is that they have been brainwashed by this agency to the point that they may not be able to recognize just who the bad guys are and are now sheep to the slaughter. I hope that's not the case and they will eventually mature to the point of recognizing the propaganda and brainwashing, in my opinion, for what it is but only time will tell.

Yes, you and I grew up in a different world than these new generations have experienced and with that, time to see the changes and evolution of our nation gives us a different and hopefully wiser perspective of where we are now. This newer generation hasn't experienced the simplicity we grew up in and expect government to take care of every need. That is not the Federal government's responsibility or authority to do.

It ultimately boils down to the individual to sink or swim in life. Life is the OPPORTUNITY to succeed and prosper but nothing in life is or should be guaranteed by any government. That prospect limits individual initiative to succeed. I'm a life hardened individual and truly believe this. I don't have compassion for someone that is determined to be a parasitic leach on society and expect a free ride through life.

Well, enough rant. I could compose a 30 page manifesto of my beliefs but what I believe is not relevant or important. Just the rambling of an ignorant person.
edit on 17-1-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Edit: I don't have compassion for people that are incapable of succeeding in life. Supporting their existence to the point of their uncontrolled breeding degrades the gene pool and is detrimental to overall human intelligence. Wow! That's a tough truth to admit...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I’ve read all your posts in this thread and the following comes to mind.

“At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.” from the movie Billy Madison, perhaps you too should start over in kindergarten.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

The white house has it's own little studio. They could set up in the oval office as has been done in the past and deliver the state of the union from there and Pelosi cant do a thing about it.

Question is, will anyone air it? After his last failed "Address to the Nation?"

The Partial (25% non essential) shut down is no reason to delay the SoTU. Furthermore, there are two sides to this standoff. Strange how you and many others seem to (conveniently) forget that. For instance, the Dems were for a wall before they were against it solely to spite team elephant. Seems childish.
edit on 17-1-2019 by timequake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I wonder how Trump feels about being out maneuvered by Nancy Pelosi again?

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s letter asking President Donald Trump to delay the State of the Union address is less a request and more of an order, says a top Congressional scholar. Larry Tribe, professor of Constitutional law at Harvard Law School, says that as long as Pelosi is opposed to the State of the Union happening, as scheduled, on Jan. 29, it won’t happen. “Pelosi was basically uninviting the President, but doing it diplomatically,” Tribe tells Fortune. “The form in which the State of the Union address is delivered isn’t constitutionally specified, but if it’s to be delivered as a Joint Session of Congress as has become the custom, the House and Senate must jointly adopt a resolution to schedule it. Without that, he can’t come. Neither chamber has adopted such a resolution yet, and as long as Pelosi opposes it, it’s DOA

While the Constitution requires the president deliver a State of the Union address, there’s no language in there that demands it be a speech or in person.
Source

So, it his her house and her rules. Trump is denied the chance to "Grand Stand," before the nation, and whole time he must be going crazy knowing that Nancy and the Dems are laughing at him for being such a fool.

Well played, Nancy, well played.

What do you think Trump will try as an alternative? Will he request TV time, like his last "Address to the Nation," which was a boring, uninspired rehash of his talking points...blah...wall..blah..brown people...blah...

Who knows?

But I am sure some of you have opinions...

Enjoy!

Don't be so naive...President Trumps been giving the State of the Union Address just about every week all across our Nation...We know what's going on...And if Trump want's to give a National State of the Union Speech, it WILL happen...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I am so pleased that Nancy outmaneuvered Trump like that, because I totally loved his response! (cancelling her taxpayer funded military transport....)

This is the greatest show on Earth!

I am not being sarcastic either

edit on 17-1-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: added (cancelling her taxpayer funded military transport....)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

“OWNED”

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Yeah, keep siding with the super Liberals/democrats meanwhile those same "super liberals/democrats," like those on Yahoo, are working hand in hand with far left-wing regimes to suppress all dissent in nations like China... But hey, those same "super liberals/democrats" want to do the same thing to people in the U.S. and "super liberals/democrats" like yourself are applauding such fascist tactics.

You should stop trying to claim how you are "an independent who was once a RINO" and admit that you are just another "super liberal/democrat" who loves to see your political opposition branded with false claims, "such as racists," and you love the use of such false claims to completely suppress your political opposition...

Be a man, look in a mirror and admit who you are, and who the real fascists are.

BTW, a real fascist is looking back at you when you look in a mirror. I am just letting you know in case you haven't noticed yet...

edit on 17-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I wonder how Trump feels about being out maneuvered by Nancy Pelosi again?

how does he feel? I bet he feels pretty good considering its only fools who believe he was:

'' out maneuvered by Nancy Pelosi ''

out maneuvered - what a hoot, Pelosi couldnt out maneuver a lamppost.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

en.wikipedia.org...

The Streisand effect is a phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet. It is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once people are aware that some information is being kept from them, their motivation to access and spread it is increased.]

[1] It is named after American entertainer Barbra Streisand, whose 2003 attempt to suppress photographs of her residence in Malibu, California inadvertently drew further public attention to it. Similar attempts have been made, for example, in cease-and-desist letters to suppress files, websites, and even numbers. Instead of being suppressed, the information receives extensive publicity and media extensions such as videos and spoof songs, often being widely mirrored on the Internet or distributed on file-sharing networks.[2][3

edit on 17-1-2019 by FlyingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

en.wikipedia.org...

The Streisand effect is a phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet. It is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once people are aware that some information is being kept from them, their motivation to access and spread it is increased.]

[1] It is named after American entertainer Barbra Streisand, whose 2003 attempt to suppress photographs of her residence in Malibu, California inadvertently drew further public attention to it. Similar attempts have been made, for example, in cease-and-desist letters to suppress files, websites, and even numbers. Instead of being suppressed, the information receives extensive publicity and media extensions such as videos and spoof songs, often being widely mirrored on the Internet or distributed on file-sharing networks.[2][3

Which is exactly why this months State of the Union address will likely be the most viewed in history.

Thanks nAncy.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

a reply to: camain

Can Trump even draw a crowd anymore? During his "National Address" Chuck and Nancy got better ratings than he did. 100K?

Don't think so.

lol, I skipped Trump for the Nancy and Chuck show too, but because I have a keen sense of humor.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   

He can do what he wants,you dumbassed liberals always think your outsmarting someone,and it's usually yourself,tit for tat kid stuff

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

They have no choice but air it on the major networks because they required by their licenses from fcc.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Can you elaborate on that?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join