It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giuliani: 'I never said there was no collusion' with Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Conspiracy, itself, isn't a crime either, though. You have to prove conspiracy to commit a crime. That;s part of the issue here. Meeting with Russians, talking with Russians, trying to negotiate business deals with Russians, etc aren't crimes. Hell, "influencing an election" isn't a crime considering every campaign cent spent by anyone running for an office or supporting a candidate is an effort to "influence an election."

Check the Logan Act, passed by our Founding Fathers in 1799, where someone attempted unauthorized negotiations with France. Adams, et alia, certainly considered it a felony.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
a reply to: narrator

The contradiction is completely irrelevant to the entire discussion, and I'm not sure why you'd focus on it unless you wanted to avoid the relevant parts.

If you want to play around with Giulianni's contradiction, be my guest, by I refuse to inform you of the rest.

You're ignoring my question. What are the "relevant parts", in your eyes? Why is the contradiction irrelevant?

Also, I don't understand why we should ignore the fact that he's now saying he never said others on the campaign may have colluded, just because it's irrelevant to the discussion he was having.

"Hey, did you see the game last night?"
"Oh man, it was great!"
"Yea, the qb was on-"
"By the way, I slept with your wife"
"Wait, what?"

That's irrelevant to that conversation, but the information is certainly important.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Why don’t you explain yourself instead of continually saying listen to the interview. I have listened to it and read the entire transcript. No where in there does anything Giuliani say change the fact that he changed his point of view and ceded the fact that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia.

Unless you have a quote from the interview or an interpretation that contradicts that, you are doing nothing but attempting to muddy the waters on an issue you are on the wrong side.

So what is it? What about his argument makes you think he didn’t mean what he said?

You are beating around the bush of your argument without actually saying what it is. It appears that you just want everyone to ignore that the contradiction exists and instead act like it doesnt exist at all. Is that your argument?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

The contradiction is completely irrelevant to the entire discussion, and I'm not sure why you'd focus on it unless you wanted to avoid the relevant parts.

If you want to play around with Giulianni's contradiction, be my guest, by I refuse to inform you of the rest.

You're ignoring my question. What are the "relevant parts", in your eyes? Why is the contradiction irrelevant?

Also, I don't understand why we should ignore the fact that he's now saying he never said others on the campaign may have colluded, just because it's irrelevant to the discussion he was having.

"Oh man, it was great!"
"Yea, the qb was on-"
"Wait, what?"

That's irrelevant to that conversation, but the information is certainly important.

I am ignoring your question because it's a stupid one.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

I get the impression that he's saying the contradiction wasn't relevant to the discussion they were having during the interview, and it's therefore entirely irrelevant.

Which I disagree with, but that's what I'm getting out of it. The fact that he won't just say what he means is pretty telling.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Negotiations are one thing, standard business is another, though. The Moscow development Trump was looking at constructing has been used a time or two to slag him, but there's no law violated there so...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

"Oh man, it was great!"
"Yea, the qb was on-"
"Wait, what?"

It isn't stupid. Your argument is hidden behind riddles, and you won't just say what you mean. How can we have a discussion if you won't actually say what your point is?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
Why don’t you explain yourself instead of continually saying listen to the interview. I have listened to it and read the entire transcript. No where in there does anything Giuliani say change the fact that he changed his point of view and ceded the fact that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia.

Unless you have a quote from the interview or an interpretation that contradicts that, you are doing nothing but attempting to muddy the waters on an issue you are on the wrong side.

So what is it? What about his argument makes you think he didn’t mean what he said?

You are beating around the bush of your argument without actually saying what it is. It appears that you just want everyone to ignore that the contradiction exists and instead act like it doesnt exist at all. Is that your argument?

He ceded no such thing. You guys are lying.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

"Oh man, it was great!"
"Yea, the qb was on-"
"Wait, what?"

It isn't stupid. Your argument is hidden behind riddles, and you won't just say what you mean. How can we have a discussion if you won't actually say what your point is?

Riddles? I've stated what I meant many times already. If you cannot read, there are many text-to-speech programs available for you to use.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

"I never said there was no collusion between the campaign, or people in the campaign. I said the President of the United States. There is not a single bit of evidence the President of the United States committed the only crime you can commit here, conspiring with the Russians to hack the DNC." -Giuliani

There's video of him saying that exact quote. What do you mean we're lying?

ETA: He's also said there was absolutely no collusion about a dozen times at least, and that's the contradiction. Now he's saying he never said that, but he has, many times.
edit on 17-1-2019 by narrator because: ETA

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

"I never said there was no collusion between the campaign, or people in the campaign. I said the President of the United States. There is not a single bit of evidence the President of the United States committed the only crime you can commit here, conspiring with the Russians to hack the DNC." -Giuliani

ETA: He's also said there was absolutely no collusion about a dozen times at least, and that's the contradiction. Now he's saying he never said that, but he has, many times.

Where did he say the Trump campaign colluded with Russia?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

He didn't. I never said he did.

What I said was that he has said many times that there was no collusion whatsoever. Now, he said that he never said that, he only said that Trump himself didn't collude but he doesn't know about people on the campaign.

That's a pretty big backtrack.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

What I said was that he has said many times that there was no collusion whatsoever. Now, he said that he never said that, he only said that Trump himself didn't collude but he doesn't know about people on the campaign.

No it isn't.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

No it isn't.

Why isn't it?

No less than 10 times, Giuliani himself has said that there was absolutely no collusion from anyone involved with the Trump campaign.
Now he said that he actually never said that (a lie), and that he only knows about Trump himself. He's dismissing something that he's said over 10 times by lying about it. That seems big to me.
edit on 17-1-2019 by narrator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

No it isn't.

Why isn't it?

No less than 10 times, Giuliani himself has said that there was absolutely no collusion from anyone involved with the Trump campaign.
Now he said that he actually never said that (a lie), and that he only knows about Trump himself. He's dismissing something that he's said over 10 times by lying about it. That seems big to me.

I don't trust your value judgements at all.

The only example of collusion Cuomo was able to muster was Manafort, and Giulianni said straight up "It's not collusion".

Clearly Giulianni is defending his client here with his goalpost moving, but in no way is he ceding anything about collusion between Russia and the president or his campaign.

edit on 17-1-2019 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

No it isn't.

Why isn't it?

The only example of collusion Cuomo was able to muster was Manafort, and Giulianni said straight up "It's not collusion".

Clearly Giulianni is defending his client here with his goalpost moving, but in no way is he ceding anything about collusion between Russia and the president or his campaign.

My value judgments? The guy is lying. You're defending his decision to do so.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Dude you need professional help. It’s right there in black and white. You keep saying we are lying but it’s plain as day in the video and in the transcript.

Here is an interview from July 2018 that has this bit of dialog from Giuliani:

Fox News' Guy Benson: "Regardless of whether collusion would be a crime, is it still the position of you and your client that there was no collusion with the Russians whatsoever on behalf of the Trump campaign?"

Giuliani: "Correct."

link

Yet, now he says he never said that.

What do you see in this interview that makes you think he hasn’t changed his position?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

No it isn't.

Why isn't it?

My value judgments? The guy is lying. You're defending his decision to do so.

You're lying. Unless you're a mind-reader, you don't know if he's intending to deceive or if he simply forgot what he said before.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Dude you need professional help. It’s right there in black and white. You keep saying we are lying but it’s plain as day in the video and in the transcript.

Here is an interview from July 2018 that has this bit of dialog from Giuliani:

Fox News' Guy Benson: "Regardless of whether collusion would be a crime, is it still the position of you and your client that there was no collusion with the Russians whatsoever on behalf of the Trump campaign?"

Giuliani: "Correct."

link

Yet, now he says he never said that.

What do you see in this interview that makes you think he hasn’t changed his position?

Oh, now you know his position. Uh, no, you don't.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

No it isn't.

Why isn't it?

And Paul Manafort was.......... the......... Trump ........Campaign.......... Manager......... who........colluded.......with..........Russia........

So the Campaign manager colluded with Russia while he was in that position but that doesn’t prove collusion between the campaign and Russia? When that happens and you still say “nope, nothing happened” you are delusional.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join