It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thought ISIS Were Defeated?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

He is a messiah....the "anointed" one...

No , that was Barry
At least according to most Democrats and CNN
You missed your chance , didnt ya ?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Easy there skippy, your gonna blow a gasket. I was never for the war in Iraq. As Powell said “if you break it, you bought it.” Well they broke it. Now we are experiencing buyers remorse in so many ways. Some never imagined at the time.

The point is, our President is liar, incapable of telling the truth. I personally was never against Assad. So I didn’t see our efforts to destabilize him as a wise decision.

Lol, yeah trump is really trying to end the wars alright. Then why not just say that. Not lie about it?

I don’t want the war either. Unlike cadet bone spurs and his clan. I served and my son is active duty, in a very dangerous job. I want him out of harms way. And not used as political stunt for the liar in chief.

a reply to: CriticalStinker

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: olaru12

a reply to: soundguy

Remember where you are...mudpit, and in here
trump is God and incapable of making mistakes..

Heres the only proof you need.

www.patheos.com...

The dancing Jesus is a nice touch... Sometimes you land a really good funny, I must say.

I love the mudpit...Fools are my theme and satire is my song!!

Praise Bob

Humor and reason is a scarce commodity in the mudpit....I do what I can

I've taken many sides, by an issue by issue basis.

I just happen to be staunchly anti-war, so hence my position in this thread.

I vote almost exclusively on an anti-war platform.

We can't fix our house until we stop spending money destroying other's.

Once the wars are done, I'll find new issues to prioritize.

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret....

If Israel tells trump to invade Iran...we're going in.

Can't you hear the war drums starting to pound? You do know who Bolton is don't you?

www.independent.co.uk...

America is in the business of war. We manufacture it and we export it. Business is looking up because we elected a businessman remember?

edit on 17-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I served and my son is active duty, in a very dangerous job. I want him out of harms way. And not used as political stunt for the liar in chief.

Cool, many of us can admit that Trump is an egotistical boob who more often than not goes out of his way to keep the image of a jackass.

All I'm suggesting, is if you can't at least support the decisions to pull out of the region, at least don't be against it.

When we leave, people will die, vacuums will be created, it is what it is and it's a damn shame, and our elected employees faults (current and past).

But it will eventually have to be done, sooner is better than later.

There are no obtainable objectives to be had over there as it is, we're just breeding tomorrows enemies with over priced tax funded bombs.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
No doubt about it. The hypocrisy has almost reached the top of the chart. Keeping the spirit of your post, here is some more.

friendlyatheist.patheos.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

When do you read anything positive on CNN regarding trunp. I remebr they had the trump impeachment countdown clock. Still ticking I guess in the minuses by now.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Remember where you are...mudpit, and in here
trump is God and incapable of making mistakes..

Heres the only proof you need.

www.patheos.com...

The dancing Jesus is a nice touch... Sometimes you land a really good funny, I must say.

I love the mudpit...Fools are my theme and satire is my song!!

Praise Bob

Humor and reason is a scarce commodity in the mudpit....I do what I can

I've taken many sides, by an issue by issue basis.

I just happen to be staunchly anti-war, so hence my position in this thread.

I vote almost exclusively on an anti-war platform.

We can't fix our house until we stop spending money destroying other's.

Once the wars are done, I'll find new issues to prioritize.

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret....

If Israel tells trump to invade Iran...we're going in.

Can't you hear the war drums starting to pound? You do know who Bolton is don't you?

www.independent.co.uk...

I'll do you one better and show you my thread that I made yesterday (outlining my concerns of Iran with Bolton being a key player).

Current posturing that could lead to conflict with Iran.

Also, when I say I am anti-war, I mean that in every sense of the phrase, I'll go as far to say our "relationship" with Israel needs to be renegotiated at best, severed at worst. We shouldn't be the extension of anyone's foreign policy, not Israel, not Saudi Arabia, not even a country a country half as bad as either.
edit on 17-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

ISIS is defeated in Syria,ISIS is just being as excuse by America's war mongers to further prolong the occupation of Syria.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

Pointless to argue.

He'll say this is a conspiracy theory and that it's Trump's fault.

No matter what.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
No doubt about it. The hypocrisy has almost reached the top of the chart. Keeping the spirit of your post, here is some more.

friendlyatheist.patheos.com...

Yeah, anyone that thinks bonespurs is an agent of peace is a fool. Trump now believes he is one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. It's what his evangelical base has told him and he believes it.

www.themideastbeast.com...

Glad I don't have any kids. trump supporters are in for a sad revelations.....lol

edit on 17-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Also, when I say I am anti-war, I mean that in every sense of the phrase, I'll go as far to say our "relationship" with Israel needs to be renegotiated at best, severed at worst. We shouldn't be the extension of anyone's foreign policy, not Israel, not Saudi Arabia, not even a country a country half as bad as either.

And yet you still support trump!

Have you been following Jared and Ivanka travales to Israel and meeting with Bebe? What's that tell you?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I’m still waiting on the stable genius to defeat them. He said he alone could get it done.

Reading your reply it strikes me as, why bother with war at all. People die, power vacuums form. So why bother.

It’s a tough situation. The sad fact is, we have been trying to drag people with no sense of self rule into a democratic process they don’t necessarily want or understand. Which makes it easy for radicals to take over. You need to remember if you are old enough. They (the neocons) told us going in that we would be there for, well pretty much indefinitely. I took them at their word.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

And yet you still support trump!

Have you been following Jared and Ivanka travales to Israel and meeting with Bebe? What's that tell you?

I support Trump on scaling back wars, not on much else.

I don't like him, I don't admire him, merely I'm flexible enough to have different tones on different subjects.

I don't like Jared's close ties with Isreal, and saying he isn't the first doesn't justify it.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

It unfortunate they don’t take heed.

12In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets. 13Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it.…

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I’m still waiting on the stable genius to defeat them. He said he alone could get it done.

Ideology acts like a living organism in that it propigates like one, but it is different in that you cannot kill it much less defeat it (though it has happened in very rare instances it gets defeated).

Reading your reply it strikes me as, why bother with war at all. People die, power vacuums form. So why bother.

For the most part I agree, though there have been a small minority of wars that were needed, justified, and legally waged (we haven't seen that since WWII, which even though it was a just war depending how you frame it, our entrance wasn't without scandal).

It’s a tough situation. The sad fact is, we have been trying to drag people with no sense of self rule into a democratic process they don’t necessarily want or understand. Which makes it easy for radicals to take over.

Agreed without dispute, you cannot help those who do not wish to help themselves.

They (the neocons) told us going in that we would be there for, well pretty much indefinitely. I took them at their word.

Again, agreed. Though I do wish to add the Neo-liberal platform has slipped into the same direction and agenda. Both parties are corrupted, scrubbed, and campaigns paid by the same belligerents. The proof is in the pudding, as if we weren't plagued by the Bush presidency enough, the only other option after to oppose a neo-conservative platform was Obama and Clinton, just a different flavor of the same dish.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

ISIS is defeated in Syria,ISIS is just being as excuse by America's war mongers to further prolong the occupation of Syria.

Well alrighty then, I guess that settles it. Care to offer up any proof on the matter? It seems the link in the op kinda refutes your magical thinking.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It seems you and I agree more than we disagree on the matter. It’s my opinion this whole mess is the direct result of breaking up the Ottoman Empire. And then leaving the task of restructuring it to a group of 2nd rate drunks.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The best way to defeat ISIS is to tell the CIA and Saudis to stop bankrolling them.....

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

It seems you and I agree more than we disagree on the matter.

Indeed

It’s my opinion this whole mess is the direct result of breaking up the Ottoman Empire. And then leaving the task of restructuring it to a group of 2nd rate drunks.

I lean more towards malice rather than incompetence. Though I don't think one could prove it, I am under the belief the lines were drawn out of spite. Many empires had control over vast parts of the region, the latest being the British Empire. Once WWII was over, the lines were not drawn so that the region would prosper with the strings of the masters cut. Rather they were drawn to create chaos so that once the West rebounded from WWII, we could go back and pay them a visit.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

It seems you and I agree more than we disagree on the matter.

Indeed

It’s my opinion this whole mess is the direct result of breaking up the Ottoman Empire. And then leaving the task of restructuring it to a group of 2nd rate drunks.

I lean more towards malice rather than incompetence. Though I don't think one could prove it, I am under the belief the lines were drawn out of spite. Many empires had control over vast parts of the region, the latest being the British Empire. Once WWII was over, the lines were not drawn so that the region would prosper with the strings of the masters cut. Rather they were drawn to create chaos so that once the West rebounded from WWII, we could go back and pay them a visit.

I wish I could copy and quote snippets. This iPad doesn’t work well in that respect here. At least using safari it doesn’t.

My opinion on the matter is ever changing. I beleive we should have supported Assad and still do. On the other hand it’s hard to tell if the info I base my decisions on is truly accurate. Just seems to me if he was able to manage the country he would deal with isis in due course. But now with their infrastructure the way it is and the overal division. I don’t even know if that is a feasible idea. Seems a lot of people have went out of their way to paint him a bad light.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join