It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ethics of Disney

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Not sure why nobody has posted this, if so redirect to that thread...

So... Disney has shown its true colors.

thathashtagshow.com...

Star Wars Fan Theory sent an email to Disney asking if he could make a fan movie about Darth Vader just after ep3.

Disney said he could so long as he did not crowd fund the finances nor could he "MAKE MONEY OUT OF THE PROJECT!!!"

Star Wars Fan Theory then spent $150,000.00 of his own money to create from my opinion a top notch Star Wars fan film about Darth Vader with a peculiar view on Darth Vader's journey.

Two week after it was released it gained a little over 6.5 million views which is absolutely amazing You Tube wise.

Then Disney took notice, and thought hmmm we could make some money from this. So they slapped the Vader fan film with a copyright infringement and took possession of the fan film video that cost said fan $150,000.00 to make.

Disney then put adds on the video and within just under two days earn't $80,000.00!!!

This is the very definition of criminal!!

Yes you can make your film just dont crowd fund or make money out of it. [Small print, if its good were gonna steal it from you and make money from your hard work and money spent]

$80k in just under two days!! and he did it for free knowing he would not get anything back!!! And then threaten him with taking down his You Tube site if he disputes!! A Giant vs a peasant.
[note: this guy makes his money from You Tube giving praise and advertisement to the Star Wars brand.]

And yet given his awesome personality [I am not like this dude!! He should be given the Nobel Prize of Zen!!! No Sheit!!] he still does not wish to give them sheit and is still is doing episode 2!!! Yes with the intent that Disney does not get any further money from him. So he must be getting something from his You Tube channel but not as much as most.

Anyhoo I could go on and on, a few hours ago Lucas Arts came forward and complained about this, the video has now just been given back to Star Wars Fan Theory and funny enough the video monetary option has now been turned off. After Disney made $80k from something they did not participate in!!

This is no doubt due to the massive public outcry and Disney fear of the Star Wars brand being more disliked and boycotted like Last Jedi and Solo.
(Liked Last Jedi if its a stand alone film only, Solo I give 3.4/5 and the last part with big M ooowwwweeee ill bump it up to 4/5.

This is Star Wars Fan Theory response.

Again my opinion is that Lucaas Film did what they did to get the video back to Star Wars Fan Theory with no monetary option only because they saw the massive F up they did and the lack of $$ they would receive given the Solo boycott.

This really has put me off Disney and their Draconian Predatory ways.

Coomba98
edit on 17-1-2019 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

I saw this story yesterday.
The Mickey mouse mafia shows it's true colors again. George lucas allowed pretty much anything based on his creation and knew that it kept star wars in the mainstream and making him a fortune in the long run.

Funny how a fan made a movie true fandom wanted to see and Disney could only produce turds.
edit on 17-1-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Great thread, and I agree with Bluntone22, I think there is an ancillary benefit to people doing things like this that cannot necessarily be quantified monetarily, but reap monetary benefits for the parent organization all the same. To try to take this and monetize it (what is $80,000 to the largest media conglomerate on Earth???) is stupid...it's petty and does nothing but cause ill-will against Disney. This is purely myopic thinking. If I was in charge at Disney, I'd be on the phone figuring out who made and implemented this decision, and then they'd be packing their sheit and hitting the door.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I'm not seeing the alleged email in any of the links, do you have where it's located? Also, this guy sampled the copyrighted music which wasn't brought up in your Original Post.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think I read yesterday that he had somebody compose the music.
This is just a case of Disney being jerks.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Don't make fan projects of ip's owned by Disney...or Nintendo....at least they didn't wait ten years until he'd finished his fan project then pull out the cease and desist letter the day before release like some companies....

It sucks but not unexpected. Disney's an evil company, it always has been. I mean they're part of the reason we have copyright laws that extend beyond a creators life time. No # they're going to exploit a fan project for all it's worth.

I mean they've been known to go after day cares that use their characters.
edit on 17/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Have you seen "the last jedi" ? ...

... Disney has no ethics.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I know, from what I understand George Lucas even had yearly completions on the Sar Wars fan films.

To be honest this gives me 100% no responsibility or emotional anguish by downloading all future content from Disney.

Call me a Robin Hood but screw the Giants and try to screw the peasants!!!

We are their bread and butter, why feed them when all they give is crap.

Even prune juice wont fix the problem!

Coomba98
[p.s. This is why we should call internet trolls Padawans. Cause.... Cause.... owwwe im not getting another warning due to thin skinned aliens]
Your Female Friendly Companion.... [whispers: Summers Eve.]

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I think I read yesterday that he had somebody compose the music.

This is just a case of Disney being jerks.

It's in the link that he sampled The Imperial March which would be a copyright infringement.

edit on 17-1-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

If I remember correctly, they claim he sampled the March but his story was he hired a composer to write a theme.

The point is that since star wars came out 40 years ago this type of project was accepted even encouraged by lucas films and now Disney is #ting on the fans.
edit on 17-1-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

It's still a copyright infringement and it's not really relevant what Lucas used to do, he doesn't own the rights.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

He did not sample the Imperial March, he got his musicians to compose a piece based on the Imperial March.

Obviously it was similar..... yet so was Darth Vaders costume, and other character costumes.

So was the Star Wars title.

So was the Star Wars..... [insert similarity here]

Cant pick and choose the similarities.

The music or the whole piece!!

Coomba98

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98
He did not sample the Imperial March, he got his musicians to compose a piece based on the Imperial March.

Post the clip because at this point you still haven't substantiated the email claim.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Ok... Even I dont like me....

Just cause you dont like me does not mean that it contaminates your opinions....

I can say some good stuff sometimes..... otherwise I troll trolls.

lol.

Coomba98

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Post the clip and the email.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I dont think I've heard anyone say Disney doesnt have the legal rights to shut down the project.

The thread is titled ethics of disney.

They are crapping on the fans and are going to hear the backlash.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: coomba98

Post the clip because at this point you still haven't substantiated the email claim.

What clip did you want??

Coomba98

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I frankly think they should enforce their copyrights if some nudnik is violating them, I would.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

The music in question and the alleged email.

edit on 17-1-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

???

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join