It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

This could've gone into the jokes forum...
But, being a white guy in South Africa and exposed to the news every day, the leftist nonsense is getting really tiresome and just isn't funny anymore... in fact, its indirectly getting people killed over here (organised farm murders anyone -
sorry, my bad, its racist to even mention it...).

Anyway, just needed to rant it out

Regardless, in the last couple of weeks (apart from the usual stuff going on here), we've seen:

* A teacher's life getting ruined by politicians crying "racist," just for taking a picture (in somebody else' classroom) and sharing it with others - she had absolutely nothing to do with the grouping of the people in the picture.

* A sheep being slaughered for "the ancestors" on Cliffton beach (Cape Town), due to a security company aiding the police in clearing the beach after complaints about drunkenness and reportedly a sexual assault that occurred... unlucky for them (and us), the security guards were white.

Is it possible to get rid of politics as a whole? Why does such high profile positions attract (and engrace) such lousy specimens of people? Why are we still bothering with it - its clearly taking the human race on a downwards spiral to mediocrity.

Anyway, have a good one.

~Cheese

edit on 17-1-2019 by StrangeCottageCheese because: Typo

edit on 17-1-2019 by StrangeCottageCheese because: Clarity

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: StrangeCottageCheese

Is it possible to get rid of politicians? Why does such high profile positions attract (and engrace) such lousy specimens of people?

Society is like a thick stew; if you don't stir it up once in a while, all of the scum tends to float to the top.

How you stir the pot, is up to you.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Agreed quite frankly Cersei effin Lannister would be better than the morons we in the UK have to put up with I hope SA has a politician or 2 thats for the people...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
If you are a brown indian and if you travel to lighter skinned north india, you will know what racism is..

compare to arab, black, north indian racists,... European and confused American racists Would look like saints.

edit on 17-1-2019 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

Is it possible to get rid of politicians? Why does such high profile positions attract (and engrace) such lousy specimens of people?

Society is like a thick stew; if you don't stir it up once in a while, all of the scum tends to float to the top.

How you stir the pot, is up to you.

Heh, nice way of putting it.

"Mood: Cannabinated" Ditto

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: coldlikecustard
Agreed quite frankly Cersei effin Lannister would be better than the morons we in the UK have to put up with I hope SA has a politician or 2 thats for the people...

There is one or two, but they've literally got democracy stacked against them... I've heard of your problems as well

edit on 17-1-2019 by StrangeCottageCheese because: Rephrased

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
If you are a brown indian and if you travel to lighter skinned north india, you will know what racism is..

compare to arab, black, north indian racists,... European and confused American racists Would look like saints.

Being from ZA I've worked with all races and get along well... I've also worked in corporates with guys from India contracting along with me; so its not the first time somebody has told me this...

That said, remember according to the left, if its "light on x" its a hate-crime / war-crime; if its 'x on light' its free speech.

I'm not advocating/promoting racism towards anyone (its quite a low energy state to be in) - its just that the word doesn't have any real meaning anymore... and its just starting to look like an excuse for "justified" violence / retribution.
edit on 17-1-2019 by StrangeCottageCheese because: My secret

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Skin colour is a weak excuse when there are so many more valid reason to want to slap someone.

I don't buy the BS that we are evolving, we are as primitive now as we were in older days...the difference is that we have really fancy ways of killing each other now and can formulate better excuses with fancier spin.

We are way above that rocks and spears stuff....thats for primitive man and is so passe. haha

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
Skin colour is a weak excuse when there are so many more valid reason to want to slap someone.

I don't buy the BS that we are evolving, we are as primitive now as we were in older days...the difference is that we have really fancy ways of killing each other now and can formulate better excuses with fancier spin.

We are way above that rocks and spears stuff....thats for primitive man and is so passe. haha

Hehe... agreed its a weak excuse (but a surprisingly effective one, when its comes to propaganda....)

I believe we are all (black, brown, white) evolving... not noticably physically, but maybe mentally/spiritually... hopefully one day we'll hit critical mass on that (but I'm not holding my breath just yet).

Re. the rocks and spears... come to Africa dude; its so in right now

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

This is a huge problem today.
When everything is called racist the things that truly are racist just blend in with the background.

It's not just racism either, this is a problem with other societal issues.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Racism is just an excuse. The people who use race as an excuse or justification for their bad deeds would just find another in if everyone were the same skin color. It's not about race. It's about ego and power and greed. Race is just the excuse.

So why play? Instead of complaining about racism, focus on the bad deeds. Is it wrong to kill someone because of their skin color or because it's wrong to kill anyone no matter what color their skin is?

We (the collective "we") can argue from here to eternity about the racism and it doesn't fix anything. I don't care who hates who for whatever reason, as long as they have no power over anyone.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

When everything is called racist the things that truly are racist just blend in with the background.

I agree completely... Its not just the things that are really racist; its everything else that's important... It seems that this one thing blocks *everything* else out when the card is drawn!

Since this forum is about rants - and I've got many (I'm going towards my forties - its a human birthright, I think)... I'd like to offer an example...

Burn the witch...?

This was just before X-Mas...
Not racism as such, but its tapping into the same energy of hate... *us* versus *them*... I had to hunt down the links for this (since it wasn't popular enough... shame on us, human race).

A black lady died not 25 days ago and was burnt alive in South Africa, because she was accused of being a witch. Was she a witch? I don't know... If she was... is murder okay then?

To remind you, the current year is 2019 and we've learnt a bit about things since the 1800's (here's referencing you, Salem). And no-one will face the music for this, because culture trumps morality...

This is the mentality we are currently dealing with - and honestly, I need some input on processing it...

As a white South African I risk the racist label by just talking about it... my country has had a rocky past... but enough is enough and it needs to be talked about.

edit on 17-1-2019 by StrangeCottageCheese because: I do two takes on every thing I write
Its a curse.... or a blessing. Who knows.

edit on 17-1-2019 by StrangeCottageCheese because: days... not dies

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: StrangeCottageCheese

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I agree completely... Its not just the things that are really racist; its everything else that's important... It seems that this one thing blocks *everything* else out when the card is drawn!

Since this forum is about rants - and I've got many (I'm going towards my forties - its a human birthright, I think)... I'd like to offer an example...

Burn the witch...?

This was just before X-Mas...
Not racism as such, but its tapping into the same energy of hate... *us* versus *them*... I had to hunt down the links for this (since it wasn't popular enough... shame on us, human race).

A black lady died not 25 dies ago and was burnt alive in South Africa, because she was accused of being a witch. Was she a witch? I don't know... If she was... is murder ok then?

To remind you, the current year is 2019 and we've learnt a bit about things since the 1800's (here's referencing you, Salem). And no-one will face the music for this, because culture trumps morality...

This is the mentality we are currently dealing with - and honestly, I need some input on processing it...

As a white South African I risk the racist label by just talking about it... my country has had a rocky past... but enough is enough and it needs to be talked about.

It's worse than that actually. The Salem Witch Trials occurred at the end of the 17th Century (i.e. 1600's). That's an additional 200 years of "being evolved" that you are forgetting.

We have not evolved as much as the progressive mindset likes to think....in fact in many ways we have taken many steps backward in the last decade. But, they will likely call me deplorable for mentioning that little thing, since it doesn't add anything to their narrative.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
"Focus on a person's deeds--not on the color of their skin."

Spot on.

I'll probably catch hell here for even bringing this up, but I've considered this for years: the ability to add the charge of 'commission of a hate crime' to the charge of murder in order to obtain a stiffer sentence is ridiculous.

As if beating someone to death is not enough--the perpetrator also greatly disliked the victim or the group they belonged to. Hate crime, as an add-on to a murder conviction, cheapens human life by trivializing the victim's untimely end--which is the ultimate act of depriving a person of their civil rights.

A person commits a murder, so throw the book at them. Put them in the stripey hole with no chance of parole, etc., because they are a menace to society.

Ultimately, any group (large or small) can lobby for inclusion in the list of persons covered under hate crime legislation. This sort of thinking and legislation increases and perpetuates divisions between interest groups (race, religion, sexual persuasion, etc.), rather than joining different peoples under one legal umbrella as human beings.

Peace to all.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Its a sad state of affairs indeed, the world seems to be going full bore forward with a resurgence of nationalism and tribalism.
It makes sense since there's just too many people for the PTB to control, but its no less sad that a debunked theory from the German romantic period is seeing such a resurgence as we've been fighting for so long to get out of it's shadow.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I literally was just thinking about how I called out an Indian friend from Mumbai about the class system.

In a group chat including Canadians I posted a funny meme about Trudeau, in a friendly manner.

Then he attacked me about Trump, as if I’m a hypocrite.

As I was buzzed, I shot back about Indian classicism and issues. He wasn’t happy, but hey, gotta take what you dish it.
a reply to: Pandaram

top topics

join