It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate to turn on the tv!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Maybe it is just me, but it seems everyday there is either a kid missing, a kid that was abused, a kid who killed either a parent or someone else, a kid who was caught with a gun, with drugs, you get what I mean!!
What has happened to kids today, that they have turned so violent? What happened to adults that they can take a harmless child from a bleeping bed and do god knows what to him or her?!?!
What has happened to society as a whole?Is there no morals left?!? I remember my grandma andd grandpa told me yesterday, they never had to lock their doors,they trusted their neighbors always and their friends! Was it because the people back then, didn't have a warped mind ? Or, was it happening and nobody opened up their mouths and talked about it?!!?Did people back then take small girls from their beds, or, molest them?!?
Surely society has not gotten so bad that ever day when you turn the news on, you don't see anything good!!.., Instead you see dead bodies laying in the streets in Iraq, in Israel, talk of war in North Korea, or, in Iran, talk of someone trying to kill the president!When you see that a child has gone missing and you see a parents tears and pain for that child, it tears me up, makes me want to catch whoever it is and give him or her some justice!! You see a man who looks like your average father and he was a serial killer since 31 years!! It has gotten to the point where I no longer want to turn my tv on, I would rather be on the computer! ARghhhhhhhh

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Just don't forget that there is plenty of good stuff out there, but it doesn't get the ratings of war and tragedy.

I say give up on tv all together. Then you can decide what you see, what you learn. Beyond the bad stuff the tv shows you, there's plenty more/

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I hardly ever watch TV myself for that reason.

But don't forget, hardly doesn't mean never. There are still good things on TV, like parrhesia stated above.

[edit on 3/2/2005 by diehard_democrat]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
On the news, it seems it is all about bad news. I just like watching the weather on the news and the sports. Once in a great while, they show something that is cool on the news, like a new cool car or something.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
There's a fine line between "reality TV" and "reality" TV.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Yeah, that's true, and they prefer to show "reality" tv!
It can be so depressing, and I have not heard any updates on that young 9 year old who went missing from her house in Talahassee?(sp)

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The news is geared to give you bad news, you rarely hear good news, and they take the bad news and post it all over, which possibly makes others want to copy the people they see, others just don't have a good environment to grow up in...

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
and, I also am inclined to believe that as not many people respond to my posts, and u2u's I get, make me feel like I am not well respected or liked here. From television , to computers I can't win.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I think there are just way too many Reality TV Shows out there. You've got a Reality Show for every kind of genre from Dating Contests to Has Been Celebrities.

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Reptilian_Queen]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I agree, TV nowdays are filled with sad stuffs (most of time)
Thats why i barely watch it.

And when i watch is normally to see some documentaries/cartoons/and few sports.

Apart that when im home i use to let the TV on with some small channel like Escales or Animaux...just to give them audience.

Boycott big channels and their stupid reality thing.

top topics

join