It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk government pays wind farms £111 million to stop producing electricity for the grid.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
a reply to: eletheia

I am old enough to remember hospitals that were *hospitals* in as much as they treated the patient and had selected times for visitors. NOW hospitals are akin to business visitors 16 hours per day? Food/cafe franchises, shop/newspapers/books on sale, parking charges, A lot of business's and money making on the side of health issues???? Makes one wonder why the NHS is always needing more money the parking charges and therefor profits on that alone are mindblowing........

You have heard of PFI's

I haven't, that's scandalous, it's shameful the way our governments kowtow to corporations while screwing over the little man. When will we get a government that tells corporations to go screw themselves and start enriching the regular people? I don't think it's just the Tories. As I said in a discussion I started, we need a political reform in the UK, the fopps we have in charge and the positions they hold are no longer fit for purpose. We need to rid ourselves of this scum and find a way for the people to have more say and influence.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It all needs levelling to the ground and starting afresh.

You bet it does.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   

a reply to: Freeborn

It all needs levelling to the ground and starting afresh.

You bet it does.

There must be millions of us in the UK that feel this way right now, but we don't have any power to do a dam thing about it. The question then becomes, how do we rectify this? I'm starting to get really angry at the way the government is treating all of us. We need to do something about this, I just don't know where to start, beyond writing to my MP (who's a f***ing Tory, ergo part of the problem)...

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

As Joe said; Anger can be power.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   

You have heard of PFI's

Yes I have, and I am astonished that it has been allowed, I can see the same

thing happening with education and universities 'BIG BUSINESS'

Chancellor Philip Hammond said doing away with the public-private partnerships, which have been heavily criticised for failing to deliver value for money, showed the government was “putting another legacy of Labour behind us”.

The Treasury said the existing public-private partnership model – where private firms take on the risk of delivering projects in exchange for payments from the state over several decades – were “inflexible and overly complex”.

It also said the Office for Budget Responsibility, the budget watchdog, believed the schemes were a “source of significant fiscal risk to government”.
Hammond said existing contracts under the PFI and PF2 system will be honoured but no new ones will be signed. Labour has previously indicated it would go further by taking some contracts back under state control.

That said what I was getting at was that hospitals are essentially for the sick,

not social opportunities (or for franchises for large corporations) BIG BUSINESS.

When my three children at approx. two years old had their tonsils out they

were taken in to hospital for two days, only contact was phone enquiries as to

their conditions.

It didnt do them any harm (probably caused me more stress
Could you see that

happening today?

And the car parking......Why should huge corporations make huge profits out of the

sick and infirm? Any profits should surely go to the NHS?

edit on 18-1-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
So are we going to go pyro ?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

The question then becomes, how do we rectify this? I'm starting to get really angry at the way the government is treating all of us. We need to do something about this, I just don't know where to start, beyond writing to my MP (who's a f***ing Tory, ergo part of the problem)...

Could try and force a debate in parliament, get it all out in the open.

petition.parliament.uk...

10,000 signatures and the govt must respond.

100,000 signatures and the petition may be considered for debate in parliament.
For instance, on January 14th, 'Stop Brexit if Parliament Rejects the Deal' was debated.

Get it out on fbook et al, easily exceed the required 100k.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

that is exactly the reason they are doing this to make cash ,rather than just providing clean free energy for everyone because its renewable !

and we can stop using fossil fuels in scotland and the rest of UK and we can export our clean energy to other nations

Brexit doesnt look that bad if we are generating a surplus of energy which can be sold to our trading partners in the EU
at a cost because they dont have that clean energy to meet all their regulations imposed by the EU

we could be that energy provider if we just improved our systems of generation , storage and transmission!

Our population is pretty large though... wouldn't there be a big chance of blackouts if we were totally reliable on wind farms? Especially in the Cities!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I don't think so , as last year Scotland had generated enough energy in one day from hurricane bawbag to power Scotland for a full day for free!

So if that's just one days weather , think how much we could generate with wind and wave !

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
And dont forget how they killed off solar energy.

Houses actually produced electricity and selling it back to national grid. Including me. We actually making money out of it. It went viral.. firms starting to offer free solar panels and pay monthly from the money you made it from solar panals..

What the government did? They cut the selling price right down.. much lesser then buying price. to the point you cant make any let alone paying off for the solar panals. And government starts investing billions on windfarms run by multi billion cooperations.

To be honest?? Wtf is going on? Are they taking the pi$$?

True energy independence - the kind that comes with individual, independent decentralized solar powered homes, and certainly not from wind power that still requires it to be distributed via some centrally controlled commercial network of ridiculous wires - is a dire threat to their power structure.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

This is sad news. But the switch to 100% renewable energy is inevitable, despite how hard the fossil fuel lobby may fight. Solar panel prices are dropping dramatically, and the free market will run its course and eventually it will be the obvious option to go with renewable energy.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

this is great news for the environment, but there will undoubtedly be a violent death struggle from the petrochemical industry!

Which the whole UK relies on , and its not going to make our energy cheaper until the operating systems are publicly owned

and we dont have the CEO's of these energy firms in bed with our politicians stealing from the tax payers!

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   
seems logical as too much power from these wind farms forces peak power plants to run more often thus driving up expenses since peak power plants are larger, more polluting and more expensive to run than regular plants, in the end the power grid gets less output, power becomes more expensive and more energy is wasted.

too much wind and solar is a problem because peak power usage usually happens when production from solar and wind is actually on the decline for that day, it's wasting too much energy to be stored with batteries.

too much solar and wind power is harmful to the stability of a power grid, even over here in the US we're having trouble because too much electricity is being wasted and we can't make use of it, power storage limitations is the only thing holding back solar and wind, not your government.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

does this not just tell us that we all could be getting free energy instead of it being wasted because it cant be stored
or is it a case that it just cant be stored or put through the grid for free ?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Thing is, it can be stored, not on the grid or any other systemic method, but directly, within the premises where the panels are installed. Pre feed-in tariffs, old style (domestic) solar batteries/storage 'tanks' were huge, requiring large storage cupboards in domestic properties where solar panels have been installed. The tech is in constant development, not only for built premises but also for motorised vehicles.

Solar powered cars are not new and new tech being developed in this industry/market gets the necessary funding. Five years ago, a solar powered car broke the land speed record. This indicates no heavy battery storage was required or the solar engine was so powerful so as to counter any weight restrictions on speed.

I have heard of (but not seen) innovations in solar development where rather than using lithium-ion batteries, solar power can be stored using plasma filled bags.

It will not happen overnight but once the tech makes the cross-over, we will see domestic, civic and commercial premises having capacity for full off-grid power production, storage and usage.

I think the biggest constraints are governments who have not found a way to tax off-grid power production and intellectual property laws.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 05:26 AM
link   

ENERGY CRISIS MY #IN ARSE

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

you do know that Winston Churchill brought in the minimum wage in 1909 over 100 years ago and before the first labour gov took office in 1924..

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Our national grid is about 87 year old and completely inappropriate regarding power transmission requirements.

There were 7 of them to begin with across the nation which were later merged into the one.

Right now the average age of our pylons, transmission lines, and transformers are over 25 years old.

I think just like with our water and road networks they all need to be replaced and rebuilt from the ground up to be inline with todays and even tomorrows needs.

And if they were smart they would get on that sharpish before another Carrington event/solar storm manifests and destroys the nations electrical infrastructure.

Which most of is completely unshielded against to date, having to be turned off, and/or powered down to offer up any sorts of protection.
edit on 11-9-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

you are right with the anger but I'd argue there are 2 angry sides not one and the thing with 2 sides especially 2 angry sides is that at some point that becomes they'll collide..

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

the problem with rushing to be industrialised first is you end up stuck with ageing infrastructure when the next change comes along.. as we can see with road, rail, water, power...

down here on my part of the southern coast all the high pressure sewage pumps are breaking down, one after the other almost in the sequence they where installed the failures have effluent pumped onto the beaches in the manner of Victorian sewer run offs..

The system is collapsing and I can't see a single part that should be fixed over the others, all we do is fix each bit as it collapses.. the ironic part is its not down to a single gov or viewpoint as all had their chance the liberals chose PR over students.. and both labour and cons want cheap labour and just a bit more profit..

do we want power, clean water, working sewers, hot food and drinks and when you look at it all the choices become somewhat stark and a lucky dip..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join