It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kenya hotel siege over, militants and at least 21 victims dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The title says 21 dead but there are still 50 missing guest.

I wonder sometimes if there is any place safe from Radicals who put their faith before human life.

NAIROBI (Reuters) - Kenyan security forces have killed all the Somali militants who stormed an upscale Nairobi hotel compound, taking at least 21 lives and forcing hundreds of people into terrifying escapes, the government said on Wednesday.

Fifty people believed to have been in the complex remained unaccounted for on Wednesday afternoon, the KenyaRed Cross said, raising the possibility of a much higher final death toll.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

Somali group al Shabaab, an al Qaeda affiliate fighting to impose strict Islamic law, said they carried out the attack in revenge for U.S. President Donald Trump's decision to recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

Al Shabaab has been killing people for a very long time as they try to institute country wide Sharia law and their own form of government. Convert those you can and kill the rest seems to be in their belief system.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   
When will the world collectively finally have enough of sharia law?
When will the world have enough of even the minor grumblings and stances taken against cultural norms for countries which welcome them in?

Concearned for the missing 50, hoping they all fled and that’s why they are not accounted for....
But something tells me they could well have been taken hostage to renew the Islamic extremist horror show...
I’ll hope for the best though...
edit on 17-1-2019 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
That is horrible.

We were in Nairobi back in February; spent two weeks in Kenya. The people are fun-loving and very well educated, and the population is mostly Christian (I'm not but that's okay with me). We met people that we now consider our friends.

And to the last person, they all despise their government--the ruling class is corrupt beyond comprehension.

One good thing they've done is they've outlawed hunting in the entire country.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

The day the USA hooked their wagon to Saudi Arabia was one day in the history of the world that upon reflection was the day we empowered terrorist. We get semi protected petro dollars and they get to spread their hate filled Wahhabi religion around the world.

ThaiVisa reported on the Saudi girl in Bangkok seeking asylum and are now blocked and banned in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Many of the comments by the members were not very nice about S.A. as several had actually been to S.A. and seen with their own eyes how backwards and barbaric the Suni version of Islam can be.

edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

top topics

join