It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange thing spotted in the river.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: aquiel

My family has a cabin on the Delaware river. Different but I'd go with something on the eel type. One other possibility, a type of sturgeon?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I second this.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'm thinking a Wel's catfish or how big do the Burbot get there? I know some pretty big ones have come out of Loch Ness.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

I thought that burbots vanished from the UK in the 60's. The Angling Times put out a reward of £100 for catching one, it is still unclaimed as far as I know.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

I thought that burbots vanished from the UK in the 60's. The Angling Times put out a reward of £100 for catching one, it is still unclaimed as far as I know.

Thanks for the heads up I didn't realize that. I thought they had vanished in our Lake Winnebago system (Wisconsin, USA) but have seen people posting pictures of catching them while ice fishing this year.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I believe some guys tried to catch a burbot over here a while back but I think they went insane.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Here's your answer. Bowfin, they turn greenish yellow on their underside during mating season.
Bowfin

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Shockerking

No bowfins in the UK, unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I may have been a large submerged tree branch. I mention this because I've seen these in moving water and they do look like living creatures because they roll and tumble.

Not all branches and logs float; if they've been in the water for a few days, they can achieve neutral buoyancy and float below the surface or even attain negative buoyancy and bounce along the river bottom. If one end contacts the bottom, a rock, etc., it can make the log or branch roll and partially emerge--usually preceded by a large swirl on the surface created by the flowing water.

It does get my attention when this happens because the first thing I think is, "it's alive!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join