It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government shutdown does anyone actually care?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I put this in the pit so the lefties can beat me up but good.

But seriously, other than the federal workers that are now 5 days past a missed check, does anyone feel the burn of our precious federal government being shut down?

I want to know how this shutdown has affected you, and, if you're feeling spunky, how your life will improve once the gov gets back to full bidness as usuall.

I'll start....

My life has not changed at all. Not even a tiny bit. If I had access to an electron microscope to view my life in the most minutest of detail, i would not find even the remotest of a trace.

But, i'm sure there are those whose lives are teetering on the brink of certain doom due to the federal gov being partially offline, so,

Tell me your stories

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

If anything it's just illustrating how bloated the government has become with 'non-essential' employees.

I won't shed a tear.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Does anyone (the people) really have any power to do anything?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Yep.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Yep.

This I have to see.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
As I have stated before, and still maintain:

Right now, it is still too early to feel the effects of this shutdown. The checks for Jan, went out and thus the real impact will not be felt until Feb. If this shut down continues for that much longer, then it will be felt by far more in a wider swath of the country. There will be news and stuff to look out for, beyond the few reports that are coming out.

Should it continue on, then slowly it will start to impact the country, starting with the federal workers, slowly starting in the smaller areas, that we do not see, but will feel, including the non governmental workers, such as those receiving federal aid. Those most vulnerable, the disabled, and elderly will feel it first, and then those with children on the lower end of the income spectrum. It will start to filter up, to the travelers and other parts of the country. If it continues into Feb, then things that are slowed down, probably will end up getting worse, if not shutting down, and soon there would be far greater unrest than what is seen now.

But right now,no there is not that much of an impact. Ask again in Feb, and the answers may start to change.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   

There are not many lefties on ATS.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I bet you would notice if you didn't get a income tax check. Hopefully none of the bridges you cross collapses, or you don't get a bad steak.

The rights shift the last few days not giving a flip about the million out of work or the millions affected by those out of work will backfire.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If I didn't keep one twitchy eye on the news (or whatever passes for it nowadays), I would have no f# clue anything was awry.

Hasn't affected my life or anyone around me in the least bit.

Which begs the questions: What function do these people (bitching feds) serve? What are we paying them for if no one notices when their job isn't getting done? Do they do anything at their jobs in the first place?

Naked Twister, anyone?

link   
I talked to my wife's friend who worked for the government down in lower Michigan yesterday, she retired about two months ago. She called her friend who works there to ask if she was doing alright, I guess somehow their office got a two year grant last year so is still working and everyone is getting paid. she called her other friend who works in a different kind of Federal office, same thing is going on there, they are still getting paid. She said she was surprised, the news made it sound like everyone was not getting paid. She is starting to waiver from her stout Democratic stance and admitting some of the conservative old ways are better than the crap she has been seeing lately. Now that she is off of work, she has time to read the whole news articles and can see the deceit that is being spread. The media is going to ruin it for the Democrats, they better lay off all the twisting of things or it will hurt the Democrats more than help them. Maybe that is their intent, they can blame it all on the Democratic party when it collapses.

link   
No #s given whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The only thing I care about is what it will take to shut the rest of it down. I know my friends and family don’t miss those Government clowns one bit.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
The only thing I care about is what it will take to shut the rest of it down. I know my friends and family don’t miss those Government clowns one bit.

It's funny how the anarchists hate government so much!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SingswithChickens1

I bet you would notice if you didn't get a income tax check.

I haven't gotten a refund in like 5 years. I seem to owe more and more every year on top of having around 150 taken from me every week. Someone is having a good time on my dime that's for sure.

edit on 16-1-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Metallicus

It's funny how the anarchists hate government so much!

Maybe the masses are bored...bring in the lions and gladiators.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I'm disabled due to PTSD and stuff and if the shutdown continues, I won't get my March food stamps and my housing might be taken away. Just because it doesn't affect YOU doesn't mean it doesn't affect anyone.

And as a Christian, if you are one, I assume you care about people besides yourself.

So far, the shutdown has had a minimal effect on me. We will see how it goes in the future.
edit on 16pmWed, 16 Jan 2019 23:46:58 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Won't your church help you?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

As you wish.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Not yet???
But I'm county.... received the last check last week...
Stay tuned😏

I'm retired too...( fairly recently) give or take 2 years ) bwahahahaha.
Come to think of it, 2 family members down in D.C. still received paychecks. Gov. Contractors and don't yet know what they do🤔

Computer work.. that much I do know.

But that's all😐

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
No #s given whatsoever.

You earned this!

[SNIP]

Edit:
Ummm.. yes I edited that.
edit on 16-1-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/17/2019 by eriktheawful because: Snipped Image not allowed by the TCs

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join