It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump adviser: Shutdown economic damage worse than expected

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Trump adviser: Shutdown economic damage worse than expected

Soon the Trump shutdown (GOD FORBID) may start seriously hurting Americans...IT ALREADY HAS. I DONT WANT TO EVEN SPECULATE ON THE WORSE

The lunatic, and liar in Chief seems to be a sadist as well as a fool...

Please listen to the short video to see the severity of the Trump shutdown.

Thousands being FORCED to work without pay...
THE SHUTDOWN IS COSTING 200 MILLION A WEEK

Heres a person who NEVER missed a meal in his life, Trump, and now a million Americans are being tortured because of the utter EVIL and moral and depravity of Donald Trump.
edit on 16-1-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Please listen to the short video to see the severity of the Trump shutdown.

No, but thanks.

Reason being the 3 letters shown as the producers of said video that have an actual track record of misinformation and lies.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Only bad because he beat obummers record.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The government came out today and said our growth (GDP) was dropping by 0.1% per week of shutdown, more than double what was expected. One more week and we're down a half a percent. And when that number is usually between 2 and 3% anyway, a 1/2 a percent is a huge drop.

Who knows how long those effects will last after it re-opens.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Keep the shutdown going.
Magic is about to happen.

Thanks, Chuck & Nancy.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Perhaps congress should end it then.
They are stil in charge of legislation?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Well duh!

What did Trump imagine the workers in the government were doing all day?

I really doubt that Trump has done a day of hard work in his life.

He probably thinks it is all about image and posturing.

edit on 16/1/2019 by chr0naut because: How is my water cooler stance? Am I frowning sufficiently?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Source? If it’s CNN don’t bother. I just watched the video and was a waste of time.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Source? If it’s CNN don’t bother. I just watched the video and was a waste of time.

Yeah, the government shutdown isn't affecting the wealth of Americans because... a news company.

LOL

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If anything, this shutdown is exemplifying just how unnecessary our federal government truely is.

Shut it down completely. Give the workers unemployment so they have time to get another job, since they are such highly trained and valuable professionals they should have no problem finding an even better job in the private sector.

Reduce the federal gov by 90 percent.
Then watch this country flourish beyond your wildest dreams!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

A White House official told INSIDER that after a change to the internal model, the Trump administration now estimates the shutdown is taking 0.13 percentage points off of quarterly GDP every week. • The model change incorporated the negative effects for federal contractors. • The new White House estimate is much higher than the general Wall Street consensus that the shutdown is shaving 0.05 points off of quarterly GDP every week. The US economy is taking a hit from the partial shutdown of the federal government and even the White House thinks it may be even worse than originally estimated. After a tweak to the internal White House model, the administration now expects that the shutdown will deduct 0.13 percentage points from quarterly GDP for every week the closure persists, a White House official told INSIDER.

link

Trump is a menace

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
One way of looking at it is that it’s Trumps fault,
The other way of looking at it is that’s it’s the Dems fault, Trump is actually sincerely trying to fulfill the major campaign promise he was elected on and the Dems are obstructing him at every turn.
This is despite the fact they have voted previously to fund border walls in several other countries and in the not too distant past all the people against the wall were actively for it.

This is about being against Trump not about being against a wall

link   

link   
President Trump's agenda about border security is antithetical to what is happening at the border and in the immigration courts.

You can't rob Peter to pay Paul.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well if the damage is more than $5 billion, the dems should have just agreed to build the wall.

link   
a reply to: caterpillage

That is the dirty secret in all this.
It exposed what can be cut and not missed.

link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Yeah, the government shutdown isn't affecting the wealth of Americans because... a news company.

LOL

Says the random person from New Zealand. Don’t even know if I spelled your country right because it’s so insignificant. Got a source to backup the claim to the poster I replied to? If not I’m unsure what you actually have to contribute.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Not really.
Congress is the menace.
Trump is merely your bogeyman.
Nice try.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Spoilers on the next hobbit movies?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:09 PM