It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big guy punches 11 year old girl in the face

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha

originally posted by: sine.nomine
a reply to: booyakasha

You keep calling people sick humans and pussies. You say I have mental problems now. Have you ever been surrounded and attacked? I've been stabbed. I've been shot at. I had a handgun drawn on me by a 13-year-old. I've already mentioned I thought it was excessive. I don't know why you're being so insulting.

sorry you did say it was excessive.

I just can't believe someone would feel that threatened by a 12 year old girl. She didn't have a knife. She didn't have a gun.

Really looked like the guy was just being a complete idiot, which apparently he is.

I can't believe people would defend him though.

Feeling threatened by an unarmed 12 year old girl just seems like the most pansy, weak, pathetic, schizophrenic, scared, fearful form of human possible.

A) You don't know if she did or didn't have a knife or gun.
B) While he only hit one kid, we're not talking about an incident with ONE kid. The guy was surrounded by them.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

You can firmly sit a 12 year old down, no problem, with one had tied behind your back.

You are SO wrong. (Your post appears to say a teacher could sit this kid down with one hand tied behind his/her back.)

You are evidently NOT a teacher, especially a female teacher. Do you actually think a teacher could have set that girl down with one hand tied behind her back?! That kind of in-your-face aggression cannot be controlled by a 125-lb. female school teacher, or even a bigger one, I can guarantee you.

If you do think that, then you have not been in a classroom in the last 20 years!!

All of that being said, I still think the man's punch was unnecessary, but I don't know what his level of fear for his life was. Why didn't other adults around him step in and help get the situation under control. Were they afraid of the girls, too?

edit on 16-1-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
He was nice enough to push her on her first attack attempt. If she didn't get the message "leave me alone and get away" than I am sorry. She deserved it.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Even a little dog is dangeous if there are enough of them. The kids were behaving like a pack.

I'm sure there are a lot of people at the local cemetery that underestimated their opponent based on appearance or number.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If these were 11 and 12 year old boys being this aggressive, would your viewpoint be the same?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I don't have an issue with this. A situation manifested and the man resolved it. It will be a long while before that girl steps out of line around any strangers because she will carry the consequences of her actions with her for years. That's life, how it works and how it needs to be.

All that said, if it was my daughter, the dude would be laying on the sidewalk with holes in his chest and the back of his skull somewhere out in the street... but that's just because I'm Dad and my job is first to protect my kids and champion them in anything which is above their pay grade.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
She figured she had double protection. You don't hit a child and you don't hit a girl. She thought she could do whatever she wanted with little to no consequences. What she hadn't learned yet is that people don't always follow the "rules".

That being said, the response was greater than the threat. He could have diffused that without going to that extreme. A big guy like that could have walked right through that crowd and they would not have been able to stop him. He's definitely going to get the business for this.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I don't have an issue with this. A situation manifested and the man resolved it. It will be a long while before that girl steps out of line around any strangers because she will carry the consequences of her actions with her for years. That's life, how it works and how it needs to be.

All that said, if it was my daughter, the dude would be laying on the sidewalk with holes in his chest and the back of his skull somewhere out in the street... but that's just because I'm Dad and my job is first to protect my kids and champion them in anything which is above their pay grade.

I agree with the first part, but the second was just nonsensical.

"While the child was obviously in the wrong, and received a consequence that I deem appropriate.....if it was my kid the mans should DIE!!!!!!"

Not exactly a logical thought process on that one.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Bill Burr said she had it comin'.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

That was my first thought too. I have brain damage, and it sucks. I can't imagine having to go through puberty, high school, etc with all of the associated issues. He used too much force.

Although, I do understand wanting to protect that woman and her little kid. He didn't go about it in the best way, but it seems that he had to do something.

The man that punched her also has brain damage.
Maybe he overreacted because of his injury.

ALSO - I rewatched the video, that same girl comes at him Three times, it is on the third time when he punches her.
The first one is at 5 seconds in

He didn't see her the first time, and it is quite possible he thought he was being ambushed!
edit on 16-1-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: notsure1
What the hell happened to respecting your elders ? saying yes sir and no sir ?

11 years old and shes acting like that?

It's a breakdown in society. Mom is likely a single parent and is likely not in the house, so these kids more or less raise themselves. School cannot discipline them, not like they need. So they've never learned what it is to really respect anyone except for maybe people who can beat the ever living crap out of them which just mainly means their peers who will do it.

That's a big leap to make. I'm not arguing that this group of kids are horrible examples of well-behaved children, but I'd also say there's absolutely no way for you to know any of what you said.

Not that big a leap to make. Most African-American children are born out of wedlock - 70%. And an increasing number of white children are being born that way too. We're closing in on 50% now.

A single parent family is a poor environment for a kid by any research measure with worse outcomes for kids. It's in all the research no matter how much people want to ignore it.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

If you have to be that intimidated by a pack of kids, then the use of force to defend yourself is justified.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
That guy could of picked her up and thrown her halfway across the road, if he really wanted to... the only thing in danger was his ego.

So she was behaving like a little s#, well so what? That's life!

Nah, this was an inexcusable act... That guy is an animal and deserves to be in prison.

What would you have done in the same situation?

Well, I can guarantee you I wouldn't have full blown punched an 11 year old girl in the face like that.

I also know for a fact that the majority of people wouldn't have reacted like that either... It's the whole reason why society isn't just one big feral animal kingdom.

You're right. The majority of people wouldn't, and that's exactly what those hooiigans rely on. They expect that other people of all sizes will be intimidated and let them act like the young punks they are. They don't expect anyone to stand up to them, so they get away with this behavior.

They learned that sometimes, you run into someone who bites back for whatever reason, and sometimes, that come with more consequences than they expected.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I'm a Dad. If someone screws with my family, I will deal with the situation first, get the full story second. I didn't say "the man should die" I said what would happen if my kid was on the receiving end of that punch... I wasn't calling for the man's head, I was simply stating a fact of life where I am concerned.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It would depend very much upon the situation. If I can safely walk away, I will. If not, well...things may get dicey for everyone involved.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Luckily, the mall itself may have video surveillance of the entire incident rather than a short clip that does not show the entire altercation.

From a local s ource:

ASHEVILLE — The Black Mountain man accused of pushing and punching a child Saturday at the Asheville Mall also was charged with assault against two 13-year-old girls, according to arrest warrants obtained Monday.

Asheville Mall spokeswoman Catharine Wells said in an email Monday that the mall's owner, CBL Properties, is reviewing "the incident, response and current protocol" to determine if adjustments will be made going forward. The mall's code of conduct prohibits "all" illegal activity on its premises, including violence and physical abuse.

Wells said the mall has "a number of security measures in place" for both the interior and exterior of the property.

"Some measures are visible to the public and others are not," she said. "In addition to maintaining a full-time professional security team, we partner with the Asheville Police Department and hire off-duty officers to patrol the interior and exterior of the property."

Now, this makes me wonder where the parents were because this story makes it seem as though the parents were not present, from the same story:

Additional context about the incident remains scarce. Bell did not respond to multiple phone requests for comment. The Citizen Times was unable to reach representatives of the 11-year-old girl.

A representative for one of the 13-year-old girls declined comment Monday, citing a need to to speak with family before deciding to speak publicly. The other 13-year-old girl's representative declined to comment.

If any of my kids had been there, they would have been on the side of the woman and her child whom these miscreants were targeting and would not have had any compunction with putting the deviants in their place.
edit on 16-1-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: wrong closing tag

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
10 years in law enforcement and I had 2 cases where kids under 16 killed adults. 1 was a shooting death in a situation similar to this (group of kids harassing 2 adults, escalated and a 13 year old pulled a handgun), the other was a local guy trying to get the kids to shut up at midnight hanging out on the sidewalks and they beat him into a coma and he died 3 days later (9 kids in total oldest was 15). The youth today 10-17 are NOTHING like my time growing up in the 80s. Getting punched in the face is exactly what you expected to get if you squared up on an adult back then. Then your parents weren't going to press charges or sue, they too where going to put one on you for being a little a**hat (granted as long as it wasn't actually some unstable adult and was our doing).

People keep asking why this happens...its mostly the adults faults. Parents are in denial (many believe their kids are angels, when their actually a**holes), others want to be friends rather than parents (read comments all over the internet about this incident and you can pick those parents out pretty quick), and finally those who are miss classifying ages.

What do I mean by misclassifying ages.... Here is an example of how we were classified in the 80s
Birth until 5 = CHILD
6 until 10 = KID
11 until 13 = ADOLESCENT
13 until 18 = YOUNG ADULT i.e. YOUNG MAN or YOUNG WOMAN
18+ = ADULT

2019 Classification
Birth until 14 = CHILD
15 until 22 = KID
23 until 28 = YOUNG ADULT
29+ = ADULT

THIS is why our youth acts like they do. They are not put into positions to grow up, to become self sustaining, to gain responsibility, instead we have them feeling like they need mommy and daddy into their 20's, many at the college aged level act like a teenager, the maturity level for self responsibility is almost non existent. Our expectations for our youth have dropped off, and now we have issues with many of them and keep asking why???????

On the news the other night here in Atlanta, 22 year old burglar who had a rap sheet 4 pages long was called a child by one of the progressive minded morons saying he didn't deserve to be shot by the homeowner and that the homeowner murdered a child and should have handled it differently..lol. Its unFN believable.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I was always told hit the one with the big mouth.
The others will run...

You never know now, kids like these carry sharp objects.

Maybe she wont act hard again to impress the others who left her.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rcwilliams775

Thanks for the excellent dose of reality and first hand experience.

Things aren't the way they used to be, for sure and not for "the better".

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rcwilliams775

Thank you for writing it out like that. That was really interesting hearing it from a law enforcement standpoint.

Btw, I'm old enough to remember getting spanked by my teachers. (for really stupid stuff)
I didn't dare go home and tell mommy and daddy because then I would get another! They didn't care why, if a teacher deemed I was bad enough to spank, it meant I deserved it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join