It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post warns bogus paper being distributed claiming Trump left office

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Looks like somebody has printed up some fake WP newspapers that claim Trump has quit !!

The "real" WP is warning whoever it is to stop roflol 🤣

I say the WP along with desperate Democrats pulled this off themselves as a phony false flag.

MSM desperation is getting into clinical psychotic stages 🤣😁

Any Means Necessary to fool the public 🍋

Washington Post warns bogus paper being distributed claiming Trump left office

This gives new meaning to the term “fake news.”

The Washington Post warned Wednesday that fake copies of the paper are being distributed around Washington, D.C. Politico’s Ian Kullgren obtained one of the fake papers, complete with fictional news about President Trump leaving the White House for good.

The false A1 headline, “Unpresidented,” features a somber image of Trump and says, “Trump hastily departs White House, ending crisis.” Other fake headlines include, “Celebrations break out worldwide as Trump era ends,” and “Pres. Pence begins ‘clipped duck’ term.”

MoveOn posted an image on its Instagram account, noting that “Activists are handing out satire newspapers in front of the White House, predicting a near-future in which Trump leaves the presidency.” However, the far-left group has denied responsibility.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Moveon's tweet:

While we love the headline, we didn't produce today's satirical Washington Post.

They're getting roasted in the replies.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Fake fake news?

What a time to be alive.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

So some goofball makes a fake paper, the newspaper that was spoofed puts a warning, and it's the MSM's fault?

Once again your lame attempt at owning the Dem's or Libs has failed.

Your echo chamber should be along shortly to howl and bark at the moon with you.

The only person or person's trying to fool American's is Trump!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Moveon's tweet:

While we love the headline, we didn't produce today's satirical Washington Post.

They're getting roasted in the replies.

If they “love the headline” doesn’t that suggest they are a biased and therefore unreliable news source? I don’t think we can’t trust this paper for any kind of true journalism when making such a ridiculous statement.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I seriously doubt they printed themselves. I dont know the quality of the fake paper produced, but since there are few press printers who use newsprint type paper, it seems it would be easy as in a few phone calls to printers to figure out who printed it. Not exactly something someone could produce on a home computer. The article I read stated that the group Code Pink posted a FB video of some of their members handing them out. WaPo will undoubtedly take action, at least a cease and desist order. Fake news is fake news however and they picked the right source to mimic, surprised WaPo didnt just print it themselves with the banner of anonymous sources tell us that...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

MoveOn is a news source? Last time I checked they were a Left Wing public policy advocacy group.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
From the real WaPo article on this item:

Late Wednesday morning, a group that describes itself as a “trickster activist collective” called the Yes Men said it produced the bogus newspapers and website — which went offline Wednesday afternoon.

From the link in the excerpt:

“The story this paper tells is more reasonable than our current reality,” says author Onnesha Roychoudhuri, who created the paper together with author L.A. Kauffman and trickster activist collective the Yes Men. “And it’s anything but far-fetched. We’re already seeing unprecedented levels of protest and resistance. Now we just need to ask ourselves: What’s next? This paper offers a blueprint to help us reclaim our democracy.”

About L.A. Kauffman

L.A. Kauffman has spent more than thirty-five years immersed in grassroots movements, as a journalist, historian, organizer, and strategist. Her writings on organizing and social movement history have been published in The Guardian, The Nation, The Progressive, Mother Jones, the Village Voice, n+1, The Baffler, and many other outlets.

Perfect example of wishful thinking.
edit on 16-1-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: forgot WaPo link

Additionally:

Onnesha Roychoudhuri is a Brooklyn-based writer, editor, and educator.

A 2013 fellow at the Center for Fiction, her journalism and creative writing have appeared in publications such as Rolling Stone, n+1, Virginia Quarterly Review, The Boston Review, McSweeney’s, The Rumpus, The Nation, The American Prospect, Salon, and Mother Jones. A 2011 and 2012 Pushcart Prize nominee, Onnesha has been awarded residencies at Hedgebrook and Blue Mountain Center.

About Onnesha Roychoudhuri
edit on 16-1-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

This is like a movie studio making a parody of Spaceballs.

link   

One of the commenters said the fake paper was dated May 2019.

link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

roflol 👋🖐

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
That does it! the Deep State is deranged...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Interesting. Looks like someone actually took the time to make that paper.......

Or it's a really good photoshop.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Interesting. Looks like someone actually took the time to make that paper.......

Hmmm someone put a lot of effort into that instead of doing something useful....
edit on 16/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

It's alright. There's too much white space for a modern newspaper though. Not sure what this would achieve though.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like somebody has printed up some fake WP newspapers that claim Trump has quit !!

The "real" WP is warning whoever it is to stop roflol 🤣

I say the WP along with desperate Democrats pulled this off themselves as a phony false flag.

Why do you say that? Any links or proof of that or just conjecture?

If we're just guessing, then I think it's VP Pence, just to get people talking about it.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

roflol 🤣🍋🤣

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The Yes Men are actually pretty awesome.

I saw one of their movies a few years back.

Their specialty is being pranksters and sneaking into conventions, on talk shows, into interviews, etc and pushing obsurdities. All the while the “professional go along and agree with whatever they say.

It points out hypocrisy and how ridiculous media and bias can be.

Like this prank or not, they are doing good work imho.

James Lindsay, Helen Pluckrose, and Peter Boghossian Are doing the same thing but they are clowning the progressives so you will probbaly love it

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Mahogany

roflol 🤣🍋🤣

Conjecture then.

I say it's VP Pence. He's getting impatient about that position he got promised by the bosses.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

If they “love the headline” doesn’t that suggest they are a biased and therefore unreliable news source? I don’t think we can’t trust this paper for any kind of true journalism when making such a ridiculous statement.

We can't really trust anything the President of the United States says either now can we?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join