It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fact that now is the Russian Orthodox Church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Hi ATS!

Today I read a very interesting interview with a very interesting person and I realized that I should share it with my friends on the forum.

This is an interview given by a clergyman of the Russian Orthodox Church (Mitred Archpriest), a church and public figure. Pastor of the Church of St. Mitrofan of Voronezh and seven other churches in Moscow and Moscow Region, Chairman of the Synodal Department of the Moscow Patriarchate for Cooperation with the Armed Forces and Law Enforcement Agencies, Chairman of the Patriarchal Commission on Family, Protection of Motherhood and Childhood, Vice-Rector of the Orthodox St. Tikhon University of Humanities, Dean the Faculty of Orthodox Culture of the Military Academy of the Strategic Missile Forces named after Peter the Great, co-chairman of the church Public Council on Biomedical Ethics of the Moscow Patriarchate, founder and leader of the “Separate Division” project — the Orthodox movement dedicated to the protection of family values, counteraction to juvenile justice and the fight against abortions — Father Dmitry Smirnov.

Interestingly, this interview was given to the super-liberal edition of Snob at the same time well-known liberal figures Igor Poroshin, Lena De Winne, Svetlana Pchelnikova, Sergey Murashov, Alex Lossett and Evgeny Gorelik. Opponents of Smirnov’s father are hard to suspect of sympathy for Christianity and the ROC, so the questions sounded sharp and provocative to a certain degree.

You can read the entire interview through the link through the online translators built into your browser. I want to focus your attention on the answers, which in my opinion are the most significant for understanding the role of Orthodoxy in modern Russia.

“Question: This is something new for Orthodoxy. Agitational Catholic art, of course, sometimes portrayed Christ as a true world bodybuilding champion — for example, Michelangelo Buonarroti. But not Orthodox.

Answer: The Church is strong in spiritual strength. The fact that she gives birth to Christians. That's what matters. And how this spiritual power is reflected in art or in boxing - this no longer plays any role. Now, before our eyes, an amazing thing is happening: a completely devastated country, which suffered no less damage than during the post-war census of 1947, is launching rockets from the Mediterranean exactly to the right place, from under the water. "

"Question: Somewhere about a year ago, you suggested, if you believe the source on which I rely, to ban the use of the Internet and computer games to people under the age of 21. In virtually every official and unofficial meeting of the clergy, the word" youth "sounds The importance of bringing young people to church is stated. How can you see them in church if you want to ban the use of the Internet and computer games?

Answer: As our immortal Viktor Stepanovich Chernomyrdin said, this is only Wishlist. I am a teacher by profession. I created a school, created three orphanages. And when the children had the Internet in their hands, I saw how much damage it caused to their intellectual and spiritual life. I meant that if fathers want to raise a decent generation, then you need, of course, not to give children smoke, alcohol, drugs, television and the Internet until the age of 21. Otherwise, this generation will be destroyed by these serious tools. When the human psyche gets stronger, he will reach mental and physical maturity - he will already be able to choose for himself what he should do. Please enter adult life.

Question: That is, there is no need to build beautiful churches, no need to invent the life of the canon of Russian architecture in the 21st century?

Answer: Now, in general, all Russian life is destroyed. We do not have a great Russian writer, a great Russian poet, a great Russian architect, scientist, composer. We have nothing now, so - what do you want?

Question: How do you comment on the general judgment in a liberal environment - about the merger of church and state?

Answer: This is an invention of journalists. 90% of the temples in the hands of the state, they are given to us for use, they can be picked up at any time after we have restored all of them. We still do not have our own channel on central television, we don’t have our own radio station, etc. Everything that we have is only due to benefactors and personal connections. That people, which was formed as a result of the seventy-year communist captivity, cannot even rename Voykovskaya Street. (Voikov is a famous Bolshevik leader of the 20s of the 20th century, a terrorist and an extremist, an executioner of the Russian people - my note).

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Question: Explain this paradox to me: Russian people now drink less than 10-20 years ago, obviously, they began to live better. Probably never so many people from the total population of Russia did not live in conditional well-being. And there are even more divorces. Where is the result of church activity?

Answer: Well, tomorrow I will cancel the divorces.

Question: And why bother to involve the family in rhetoric? Is not one man alone before God?

Answer: I regard every divorce that takes place in our country as my own pain. I know that up to half of our children is fatherlessness. I know that 90% of our men do not pay child support. They throw wives with five or six children. This is a product of education by our television and media, our pop music. I will never forget the expression of Lyudmila Zykina: "Well, I was married four times and I have a good relationship with all my husbands." She was married four times and did not create a family. And she is proud of it. And she, a popular man in the nation, is telling the whole world about this new norm. A hundred years ago, the family was the norm. To return this, I have been dealing with this issue for five years, having no tools other than my multiblog and transmission on the satellite channel. If I were Putin, I would change the situation in ten years radically. But I am not Putin.

Question: How?

Answer: Very simple. I would invite all the CEOs of the channels and say: “Guys, do you like your work?” - “I like it”. “From now on, there should not be a single film that shows the destruction of the family. Secondly, you should definitely create other programs instead of programs such as “Let's get married” or Malakhov. You will find the best, strongest and most beautiful families and you will tell about them, you will tell about the love of children for parents, grandfathers for grandchildren and you will not show a single program that decomposes the family. Never". I would have collected the whole stage, all the songwriters and said: “From now on you will not sing about love for 15 minutes, but will only sing songs that tell the heart that the girl wants to get married, and the young man wants to get married and have five sons and three daughters. You will be engaged in it - then we will let you on our state television and we will even pay you bonuses ”. Then I will go to the Minister of Culture and say: "Exhibitions are only glorifying family and motherhood." Then to the Minister of Education: “The first major subject in schools will be your family. You will tell why mankind consists of men and women, why it is created by God, what is the meaning of this. You will be invited to the schools of families with many children. Every schoolchild will have to know that Dmitri Ivanovich Mendeleev, besides having created his own great table, was the seventeenth child in the family. And so about every figure of Russian culture. You will be engaged in frantic propaganda of the family, but without arrogant pressure, but calmly, with love and judiciously. ” Stage, school, television. Well, about the Internet, we have already agreed - we close it for users up to 21 years.

And in 10 years, Russia from the old people - we now have an average age of 40 years - will turn into a people, where the average age is 10 years. It will be a country of children, it will be filled with the hubbub of children. We need large families, we need not 140 million inhabitants, like ours now, but 600 - then we will be a great country. Then from these 600 Leskovs, Pushkins, Rozanovs, Gagarins will be born. Everything is solved. "

The interview is very extensive, but I am praying you, My friends, who will not regret all time and read it in translation, will receive great pleasure and a lot of new knowledge.

Thank!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

What an enjoyable, and yet, sad read. Thank you RussianTroll.

I guess what is happening elsewhere is happening in Russia. People are self centred and their hearts have run cold. I believe media is a huge, huge reason. People soak up what looks valid, especially if it serves the self, and the media portrays it as good, to be sought after, there are no repercussions and life is all about glitz and the moment.

It's a sign of the times. It is prophecy, we're living it. The Apostle Paul wrote: “But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: for men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power” (2 Timothy 3:1–5).

Every part of the world is experiencing this. I think portions of the world with modern technology are being hit far rapidly and intensely than others as it's right in one's face and being advised that this is the good life.

You put a lot of work and thought into your posts. Thank you. I find them fascinating. Very appreciated

I keep my eyes on Jesus, pray for all and wait to go home.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Here is what sounded interesting and may I say, agreeable to me,” The Church is strong in spiritual strength. The fact that she gives birth to Christians. That's what matters…when the children had the Internet in their hands, I saw how much damage it caused to their intellectual and spiritual life. I meant that if fathers want to raise a decent generation, then you need, of course, not to give children smoke, alcohol, drugs, television and the Internet until the age of 21. Otherwise, this generation will be destroyed by these serious tools. When the human psyche gets stronger, he will reach mental and physical maturity - he will already be able to choose for himself what he should do…in general, all Russian life is destroyed. We do not have a great Russian writer, a great Russian poet, a great Russian architect, scientist, composer. We have nothing now, so - what do you want?... I regard every divorce that takes place in our country as my own pain. I know that up to half of our children is fatherlessness. I know that 90% of our men do not pay child support. They throw wives with five or six children. This is a product of education by our television and media, our pop music…I would invite all the CEOs of the channels and say: “Guys, do you like your work?” - “I like it”. “From now on, there should not be a single film that shows the destruction of the family. Secondly, you should definitely create other programs instead of programs such as “Let's get married” or Malakhov. You will find the best, strongest and most beautiful families and you will tell about them, you will tell about the love of children for parents, grandfathers for grandchildren and you will not show a single program that decomposes the family.”
And then this,” Now, before our eyes, an amazing thing is happening: a completely devastated country, which suffered no less damage than during the post-war census of 1947, is launching rockets from the Mediterranean exactly to the right place, from under the water. "
The launching rockets part, I would like more information on this.
I can also feel that this man cares greatly for his people. We have the same problems over here as well. Hollywood wants nothing more than to destroy the core family.
Snf for bringing this to our attention.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull

What an enjoyable, and yet, sad read. Thank you RussianTroll.

I guess what is happening elsewhere is happening in Russia. People are self centred and their hearts have run cold. I believe media is a huge, huge reason. People soak up what looks valid, especially if it serves the self, and the media portrays it as good, to be sought after, there are no repercussions and life is all about glitz and the moment.

It's a sign of the times. It is prophecy, we're living it. The Apostle Paul wrote: “But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: for men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power” (2 Timothy 3:1–5).

Every part of the world is experiencing this. I think portions of the world with modern technology are being hit far rapidly and intensely than others as it's right in one's face and being advised that this is the good life.

You put a lot of work and thought into your posts. Thank you. I find them fascinating. Very appreciated

I keep my eyes on Jesus, pray for all and wait to go home.

Thank you my friend!
I am very pleased that we can overcome the disagreements imposed on us by politicians and the media, understand each other, have common values and be friends. I really appreciate this attitude.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Thank. You rated the most important of this interview!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Your welcome Sir.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Your welcome Sir.

There is nothing easier. The Caliber missiles can reach any point in Europe, Africa and the Middle East with Russian submarines in the Mediterranean. Avangard Hypersonic Missiles - any targets from the sides of the Tu-160 strategic bombers and the upgraded Tu-22s flying over the same sea.

join