It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi urges Trump to delay State of the Union until government shutdown ends

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
"All your stupidity are belong to us" - N. Pelosi

"I'll second that" - C. Schumer

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Basically no wall money, no government funding. 0 for 2 on votes.

Given funding in the past for security fencing, the situation is stupid. This time the Dem leadership looks quite bad.

Knowing that the 2019 fiscal budget is $4.407 trillion, you'd think we'd be able to carve out a measly $5 billion for border security (whatever that means - wall/agents/technology/etc) to reopen the government... This makes the democrats look horrible.. they are being stubborn and refusing to meet Trump at the negotiating table. its either their way or the highway. You cant negotiate with people who refuse to compromise... Everyone should want border security. This should be bipartisan, but its not, because the liberal democrats need to be 100% against anything Trump does... If Trump found a cure for cancer, democrats would have an issue with it.. I could see them now, complaining for all the oncologists being put out of work.....

Heaven forbid the Dem leadership allows Trump to have a campaign promise "win"....
edit on 16-1-2019 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

That does seem to be the motivation. Does not look well for the future. Pettiness stops progress. And people will vote for these people again.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hmmmm wonder why? Cuz he's a gonna rip the Dems a new one on national TV.

Who wants to bet the Dumbs boycott the event making them look like the boogeyman. They are that dumb....just like their uneducated,, racist supporters.
edit on 16-1-2019 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Why should he delay it?
We all deserve to hear what state the union is in,good or bad .
And I don’t know if it can even really be called the union anymore because we are surly not united anymore.
Is our government ever going to represent we the people again? They have plans and money that benefits other countries and their people more than they do for us....the people who put them in office to do what is best for us and haven’t done so in a long time.
Ronald Reagan said it best when he said that we the people are the driver and the government is the car. We are supposed to be in control and government is supposed to do what we want ,not tell us what we want and what we can and cannot do.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It's not just the fact that Trump will have a national platform to get his message out to the people (although I'm sure Pelosi has thought about that as well)... it's also the fact that if Trump doesn't show up as scheduled, the news will be plastered across the moon the following day:

Donald Trump Misses First SOTU Speech Ever
Due to Trump Shutdown!

I'd bet good money they already have the headlines printed up and ready to fly.

Of course, this is what Trump was talking about the other day when he mentioned that some day Pelosi would want something from him... if he has any sense, he'll respond with "Nope! Gonna be there; it's in the Constitution!"

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I believe that this year it will be called the State of the Screw Up speech.

Trump, Republican leadership and Democratic leadership can all give their version of what is going on. We can vote on who has the best story.

Maybe they will let some illegals talk about how great lack of border security is.

already voted last fall, it's called representative government...majority of country wants trump out, period...or they would not have had a democratic landslide in the house

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Hmmmm wonder why? Cuz he's a gonna rip the Dems a new one on national TV.

He had a chance to do that just over a week ago and totally bombed.

Why would this time be any different?

edit on 16-1-2019 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

The House can't remove Trump.... why didn't they get a landslide in the Senate?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I bet all the Dems boycott it.

If they do, at least we won't have to look at Pelosi's face sitting next to Pence behind the POTUS with her bug eyes and brand new botox forehead twitching her mouth and licking her lips like a rabid old dog.

(OK...that was mean.
)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I sincerely hope Trump just shows up at Congress and delivers his SOTU speech with the Dems mostly absent. The symbolism would be historic.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Like ever other bad SJW idea from the left, Trump will double down right back. My guess is he will do it anyway or do it as a huge rally.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Two things I'd love to see... I'm sure I wont see either, but if i saw one (or both), oh boy that would be fun...

1. Trump announcing live he's declaring a national emergency on the border during SOTU address
2. Trump decides to say he's declassifying the Steele dossier/FISA immediately after the address (unredacted)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

I believe that this year it will be called the State of the Screw Up speech.

Trump, Republican leadership and Democratic leadership can all give their version of what is going on. We can vote on who has the best story.

Maybe they will let some illegals talk about how great lack of border security is.

already voted last fall, it's called representative government...majority of country wants trump out, period...or they would not have had a democratic landslide in the house

So is that why the Republicans kept the Senate?

Where's the logic here? Honest question.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

A state of the union without Democrats. That's like a dream come true. I hope they all stay in Puerto Rico and live it up while the real workers stay here and get stuff done.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Trump's last SOTU address was great.

I'm looking forward to the next one.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
Two things I'd love to see... I'm sure I wont see either, but if i saw one (or both), oh boy that would be fun...

1. Trump announcing live he's declaring a national emergency on the border during SOTU address
2. Trump decides to say he's declassifying the Steele dossier/FISA immediately after the address (unredacted)

Maybe Trump is planning one of both of these, and that's why Nancy wants him to delay the speech.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If Nancy wants the SOTU delayed, you know she's worried about something.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
No matter what president Trump says during the address, it will be treated to a full spin cycle. There are no combination of words in existence that will change the mind of some.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I don't much care if there is a speech or not, but I take issue with the word "Union". Under Trump it has only been a "Divide". Let's call it the "State of the Divide" address.

As everyone knows, no one is changing their opinions on anything - we are hopelessly divided under this President.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join