It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi urges Trump to delay State of the Union until government shutdown ends

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Senile Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi is calling on Trump to delay the State of the Union address until the shut down quagmire is fixed.

Yup she is still on the "any means necessary" jag to keep her agenda going.

She says he should put the address "in writing" as an "alternative" 😂

What possible difference would it make if Trump delays the State of the Union address ?

Pelosi urges Trump to delay State of the Union until government shutdown ends

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi took the extraordinary step Wednesday of urging President Trump to delay his State of the Union address until the partial government shutdown ends, or submit the address in writing.

The president has been slated to deliver his televised annual address to a Joint Session of Congress on Jan. 29. But with no compromise in sight to resolve the standoff over government funding -- a stalemate that extended into its 26th day, with the impact deepening for furloughed federal workers and others -- Pelosi, D-Calif., suggested Trump put those plans on hold.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

She knows how Trump will use his time during the SOTU address, so she will definitely try anything to take away the spotlight from him... Trump needs to push forward, and anyone from Congress who doesnt show up, their seat should be filled with Angel moms... you know, the ones Nancy Pelosi refused to meet with the other day...
edit on 16-1-2019 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

She knows how Trump will use his time during the SOTU address, so she will definitely try anything to take away the spotlight from him... Trump needs to push forward, and anyone from Congress who doesnt show up, their seat should be filled with Angel moms... you know the ones Nancy Pelosi refused to meet with the other day...

Yeah, they forgot about the SOU address. Trump can address the nation and use it against the democrats. Trump should just do it from white house.

The dems are nervous about it which is why it is even being brought up.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
State of the union speech cancelled because Nancy said so.

Instead CNN will be broadcasting Nancy and Chuck for the entirety of that timeslot.

Tune in! Bring popcorn

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Time for a SOTU TRUMP RALLY!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I'm sure she is saying this because of her deep concern and care for the Secret Service agents, not for political posturing or anything like that.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Maybe instead of going to PR with 109 lobbyists and corporation leaders, the 30+ Dems who went could have stayed in DC to try and find a way forward. But no, party on the beach with special interest money showed me were what they truly believe in.....so.....GO BIG AT THE SOTU ADDRESS MR. PRESIDENT!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Who doesn't think she is not about obstructionism ? Defiance and stubborn ambition. Everything she does from here on out can only be viewed in a negative way by appearances and by actions.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I believe that this year it will be called the State of the Screw Up speech.

Trump, Republican leadership and Democratic leadership can all give their version of what is going on. We can vote on who has the best story.

Maybe they will let some illegals talk about how great lack of border security is.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Didn't Mitch block a vote on a funding bill the other day. I think everyone has a hand in this thing.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

What possible difference would it make if Trump delays the State of the Union address ?

Perhaps it would come across as a bit more sincere if, when he starts telling us how great everything is, the government was actually up and running.
I don't know. Maybe that's just me.
edit on 1162019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Let's have it, with all the Democrats and Pelosi boycotting. They can go to Hawaii and Puerto Rico again, and read their rebuttal from there!

edit on 1/16/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

She knows how Trump will use his time during the SOTU address

Blowing smoke... as usual?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I see no benefit to delaying the State of the Union address. It just another foolish statement by a stupid, power crazed woman.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Perhaps it would come across as a bit more sincere if, when he starts telling us how great everything is, the government was actually up and running.
I don't know. Maybe that's just me.

When the government was "up and running" you didn't believe what our President said, and disagreed with at least 90% of what he did. Why even bother chiming in?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Look at Nancy playing 5D chess. She knows for a fact that Trump will do the opposite of what she requests, so this solidifies his SOTU speech will be delivered on schedule. And what a fine time to do it...government shutdown, walls closing in on him (no pun intended), worst poll numbers of his presidency; wholly ineffective. Let him speak to a captive national audience...and let him do it as soon as possible. I can't wait to see just how deep he can dig his own grave; both literally and figuratively.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Didn't Mitch block a vote on a funding bill the other day. I think everyone has a hand in this thing.

And when they tried to get 60 votes in December, all the Dems voted no...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Yes. He will not bring anything to the Senate floor that doesn't include a meaningful physical border barrier. Not until President Trump gives him to green-light to do so.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: jhn7537

She knows how Trump will use his time during the SOTU address

Blowing smoke... as usual?

Ahhh, our very own resident shill decided to show up... what up, Silly!?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Basically no wall money, no government funding. 0 for 2 on votes.

Given funding in the past for security fencing, the situation is stupid. This time the Dem leadership looks quite bad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join