It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve King Calls His Removal “Unprecedented Assault “ of Freedom of Speech.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

The one has nothing to do with the other. I have pride in our culture because our our achievements in all areas. It is not the same as ruling others through a majority. As far as that is concerned, the rulers of any society are usually a minority group. Your error is the mistaken impression we live only to oppress others.

You sound as though you identify as a race other than white and you are blinded by rabid hatred. I do not lay awake at night plotting to oppress you.

Also, I am starting to get tired of you harassing me.
edit on 17-1-2019 by toms54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

At least I admit who I am unlike you. You try to disguise your own identity because you are ashamed of it. My advice is for you to own it and take pride in your own heritage. Maybe then you can stop sniping at people like a coward.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Do you ever respond to the words that are typed out to you?

Are you always this obtuse or do you not comprehend the things that are said to you?

You said he was telling the truth, right? What's it now?

Once again, culture and race are not the same things. I've already explained this to you. I will not explain any further to satisfy your need for entertainment.

You accused me of having some sort of cultural supremacy view. I do not. Nor am I a natural born US citizen.

I believe in American culture. American culture does not = white to the exclusion of all others. Multiculturalism is the practice of shoving different cultures together and expecting harmony and kumbaya moments. What you actually get is Paris and Belgium.

King was certainly telling the truth there.

This whole notion that the above is somehow a "racist" view is a hallmark of an uneducated mind.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
Not that you are right or wrong. It just has gotten to the point that some folks don't like your vision of the world shoved down their collective throats. Human nature is not like that. Blood is thicker than water and most folks stick to their own. What is going on today is way different than at the turn of the twentieth century in respect to immigration. In 1900 we got skilled people coming. Our country was actively drawing people to the country. Today we are getting the cast offs from third world countries of which we will have to support. We currently give billions to help them in their own countries. It is not our fault that their idiot leaders can't run a country. If you want them here you pay for them. Suggest a box on your tax form to check that you will offer up 50 to 60% of your income to care for them. I guess you just want to spend and leave the debt problem to my grandchildren and great grandchildren.
edit on 17-1-2019 by Ansuzrune because: spell correct

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The act is not really what we should be asking about, it was long time coming.

However, what we should be asking, and the question that should be out there is why now? The people who did this, knew this man, heard his rhetoric, even seemed to ignore it all the while. So why now, did they decide to punish him, if after all this time, he has been speaking and making statements that could be considered not so tasteful, and could be considered racist, giving a voice for those who most would not like to think about.

Why now, after all of this time, did they act, instead of taking action, after say the second or third time? Why is this man now to be the sacrifice for the nation?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Total control of the country?

Democrats control every major metropolitan area in the US. The control all of the major population centers, the entire east coast and the west coast. Why do you think Trump lost the popular vote?

Republicans do control more State Governments. But thats because of the impact of rural and exurban voters.

Really, all the Republicans can do at the Federal level is fight a constant rear guard action that has the effect of mostly paralysing the Federal government.

And to add humor to the situation, when in fact the Republicans do control both houses of Congress and the Presidency, they are so inept that they then manage to grid lock them own selves. Gridlock is their default operating system. Its hilarious to watch.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

And what does the 14th Amendment say?

Yeah go ahead and tell us what the 14th amendment says about the "left' under Obama closing the last law that allowed Cubans to seek asylum in the U.S.?... You know, people who are under a far left-wing regime, that the left in the U.S. and around the world love, and who are oppressed, and persecuted... A country in which religious people of almost all other denominations except "Jehovah's Witnesses" are still persecuted. A country in which people who write about "freedom" including "freedom of expression" are incarcerated, and beaten frequently.

What does the 14th amendment says about Obama, and your lovely left-wing leader morons, taking away the last law that still helped Cubans who would step on U.S. soil?...

Oh, that's right...your left-wing leader morons only want "certain immigrants," mostly those who lean to the left, including Muslims from the ME, but it doesn't matter that they are causing chaos all over the world... But hey, as long as "they lean left" everything else is okay. Meanwhile Christians are still persecuted all over the ME, and elsewhere, and the left including the Obama administration, denied most Christians asylum even if their lives were in true danger...

BTW, do read again that it says "the courts are the ones who extend such protections," but the U.S. Constitution does not expressly protect illegal immigrants. Instead Congress is the one which passes laws on "immigration." Except when leaders in the left, like Bill Clinton, started using our U.S. Coast Guard, a branch of our military, to enforce "immigration laws" which is expressly prohibited by the "Posse Comitatus Act." But of course, not one of you who lean left ever protested such obvious disregard of the law by 'left-wing leaders."

To this day we are seeing "the left" and the "globalists" misuse our laws by going after people who dared go against "the left and globalists wishes" meanwhile twisting our laws to persecute and depose a duly elected POTUS.

BTW, one more thing. What does the U.S. Constitution says about "liberal social media giants" trying to suppress people because of their "political beliefs"? What does the U.S. Constitution say about "liberal/democrat social media giants" giving warnings to U.S. citizens and legal residents because such "liberal social media giants" are kowtowing to "blasphemy laws" from backward countries like Pakistan, where people are imprisoned for life or executed under such blasphemy laws?

Such as: Twitter Warns Jamie Glazov That His New Book Violates Pakistan’s Blasphemy Law

or

Pakistan government charges Pamela Geller with blasphemy, TWITTER acts as sharia enforcer/messenger

What does the U.S. Constitution says about "liberal social media giants" kowtowing to far left regimes like China, or Cuba, and such "liberal social giants" helping countries like China to go after "dissidents and their families in the U.S."?

What does the U.S. Constitution says about such "liberal social giants working from the U.S." and helping far left-wing regimes suppress their own people?

Google's project to aid China monitoring its citizens needs explaining: Varney

or

Yahoo and MSN helping to root out Tibetan rioters

And even after losing a lawsuit in which Yahoo had to pay Chinese dissidents 17m, instead of paying the Chinese dissidents what did Yahoo do?

Yahoo's $17M for Chinese dissidents went elsewhere

Not only do "liberal/democrat media giants" help "far left-wing authoritarian regimes" go after dissidents in those countries, but they even gave China information about the families of those Chinese dissidents living in the U.S. That particular article seems to be at the bottom of search queries now. will post it when i find it.

Ironic that you, just like the left, want to give more rights to illegal aliens than to legal residents and U.S. citizens who are also being targeted by "liberal/democrat social media giants, and democrat/liberal leaders."

Perhaps the left is trying to learn from such "far left-wing regimes" on how to suppress anyone in the U.S. who would dare not be "left-wing"?

edit on 17-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

Mormons believed that polygamy was divinely acceptable. American culture said otherwise. So much so that the US military chased them across country.

Now Mormons are readily accepted into American culture. The GOP even ran one as their Presidential candidate in 2012.

So explain to me again why it's impossible for cultures that have different morals to ultimately coexist.

Believed, being the key word here. Do they all still believe that? Or just some.

This time, try responding without moving the goal posts

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

a reply to: toms54

Honestly I don't understand why polygamy is illegal. If multiple consenting adults have no problem spending their lives together then why should the government prevent that?

Why should the government compel me to use certain pronouns?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Lol, whatever skippy. Im sorry you are such a snowflake. I’m probably whiter than you are. I took a dna test to see. I could easily infiltrate any right wing group if I wanted. The only thing you could oppress is a toilet seat. Now go cry to mommy. a reply to: toms54

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Maybe I'll do that but I'm not going to believe your BS.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Unlike you, I’m sure. I have heritage to be quite proud of. My family is in the history books on several fronts. Sometimes I share some of that information as it’s interesting. It doesn’t really change how I feel about others. As I mentioned to the other white supremist sympathizer, I’m probably whiter than you. I am well bred. Not that it matters. I just find white supremacist to be disgusting filth. And I like reminding them of what they are. There is no place for them in our society. That’s why they are relegated to their parents basements and are forced to post on anonymous web sites using an alias a reply to: toms54

edit on 17-1-2019 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

That's almost exactly what the last guy said a few days ago. Using the same words. Does your tribe have some kind of a script just for this type of thing?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy

You are right, the deplorables are far from my equal, but they are afforded the same rights, which is kinda nice I guess. Otherwise they would probably be found in their parents basement choking to death on their own saliva. Anyway, it looks like the little racist is having a sad. Maybe you should go hug your gun, as I imagine that is the only company that will have you.

Ironic a white liberal telling a member of Cuban/Hispanic descent that they are the racists?... ROFLMAO...

Naa, the one hiding their racism are liberals like you... I am certain you are one of those "white liberal racists" who yells even to conservative blacks racist remarks and some other liberal bs belief at the top of your voice...

You know, the people who normally make that sort of remark of: "they must be living in their parent's basements" are the ones who normally do. Perhaps you should stop reflecting your habits and your way of life on others?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

So then you have no problem with shutting down white supremacists when they say we need to kill all non-whites.

Except for the fact that "everyone" who dares lean right is being put such label by the left in general, and people like you either ignore this fact, or act as if it wasn't happening.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Mormons believed that polygamy was divinely acceptable. American culture said otherwise. So much so that the US military chased them across country.

Now Mormons are readily accepted into American culture. The GOP even ran one as their Presidential candidate in 2012.

So explain to me again why it's impossible for cultures that have different morals to ultimately coexist.

The Mormon church officially abolished polygamy in 1890. The difference here is that you have "left-wing leaders" like Linda Sarsour calling for making female genital mutilation legal in the U.S., and she has called for implementing Sharia law in the U.S... The same type of law used in who knows how many Muslim countries in the ME to execute gays, lesbians and in general people of the LGBT community. The same law which is used to stone women to death when their jealous husbands claim "she looked at another man with lust." The same type of law which subjugates women to be slaves to men, and in the delusional mind of leftists Linda Sarsour is a "human rights activist..."

Even after information came out that Sarsour was hiding the fact that she enabled at least one Muslim sexual predator, and Sarsour even insulted and threatened the Muslim woman who was the victim, but the left still LOVES Sarsour... Go figure...

Accuser: Linda Sarsour said sexual harassment 'doesn't happen to someone that looks like you'

That is the belief that you are claiming "should not be impossible to co-exist with." I guess you want to ignore, or dismiss what has been happening in Europe with the sexual attacks on women, and other crimes committed by Muslim refugees which POTUS Trump has tried to extend a travel ban to be able to vet people in about 5 countries out of 49-50 Muslim countries, but the left calls this "racism" and "wanting to ban all Muslims." Similar to how the left claims that because POTUS Trump was talking about MS-13 that he was "calling all immigrants as animals..."

edit on 17-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

But he said you could appeal it in the US court. So when they cut your hand off for shoplifting, it's OK. You can get another trial afterward.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Let's be honest. Someone that doesn't believe everyone is equal probably shouldn't be heading the subcommittee on the Constitution and civil justice.

He's been a black mark on the GOP for a while now. Considering how fast they moved to strip him of his power I think it's pretty obvious they were just waiting for an excuse.

I won't be surprised if the GOP run a more moderate candidate against him next time he's up for reelection.

Except that he didn't say "everyone is not equal," he was talking about cultural differences. Perhaps if you were to give the "entirety" of his remarks we could then judge whether or not he is a racist like you try to claim.

Culture doesn't necessarily mean "people of one race." Heck, the large majority of "Mexican actors/actresses" I have had to watch in Hispanic soap operas with my girlfriend, or ex-girlfriends and ex-wife is/was a white European, except for having dark hair and most often brown eyes.

There are many Mexicans, and people of other nationalities which are part of different races, so such a statement can't be about "race," and if someone is trying to make "culturalism" about race, then they are wrong.

Then again, we have also seen what has been happening in European nations when they opened their borders and decided to allow every Muslim immigrant without being vetted. Not all Muslim people are the same, but there is a very large majority of the Muslim population in the ME and Africa who are radicalist.

Germany: New Year’s Eve Muslim migrant sex attacks wiped from police records

That's an example of a clash between different cultures.

You think that a majority of people who were raised as Muslim in the ME or Africa, and who believe that "women are not equal to men," that "women can be stoned to death for looking at another man," a culture which "imprisons people for life, or executes them for criticizing religion," a culture that "murders people for not belonging to a religion," etc can be a culture that can co-exist without problems in the west?

BTW, in case you "didn't know" there are many "white Muslims" who have blue eyes, blond/light hair... Even in nations like Turkey you find a lot of white people with blue or green eyes who are Muslim.

Any culture that has such "beliefs" including "real nazis" will always bring problems if they incite violence towards any group of people for having different beliefs.

edit on 17-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Indeed.

I work with a Venezuelan Chinese dude. He's a materials scientist, brilliant dude.

One of my team members is half Chinese born in the Philippines and raised as a Filipina and spent some of her early life in China.

I'm Cuban married to an Irish woman.

All of these people have one thing in common, they all recognized that being an American was preferable to being a serf in China or coolies in the Philipines surrounded by drugs and Islamic extremists.

Not all cultures are the same. I know because my family made it out of the same type of # you made it out of. I was spared the "education" of communists by having been born in Costa Rica.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
Also, I am starting to get tired of you harassing me.

He is a "butt-hurt SJW liberal fascist" who loves hanging around with his "nazi SJW friends" calling everyone, but his "white privileged SJW friends," "racists" for daring not kowtow to his, and his friends fascist ideals. That's his problem. All his remarks about "those who disagree with me must be living in their parent's basement" only shows that he is living in "his parents basement, foaming at the mouth like a rabid lunatic if people don't agree with him and his fascist friends."

edit on 17-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join