It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve King Calls His Removal “Unprecedented Assault “ of Freedom of Speech.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The full subject is: Steve King Calls His Removal form Congressional Committees and “Unprecedented Assault “ of Freedom of Speech. I shortened to fir in the title,

Steve King is a republican congressman from Iowa. serving the 4th district since 2003. In the past he has been chairman of the subcommittee on the Constitution and civil justice. He is currently in the headlines over some things he has said in the past:

Following Rep. Steve King’s controversial comments to The New York Times on white supremacy and white nationalism, House GOP leaders voted unanimously Monday to strip him of his committee assignments…Alluding to an unwillingness to resign, King concluded, writing, “I will continue to point out the truth and work with all the vigor that I have to represent 4th District Iowans for at least the next two years.”

House Democrats, meanwhile, have introduced at least three efforts to formally denounce King, including censure resolutions and at least one planned “resolution of disapproval.”

House leadership appointed him chairman of the subcommittee on the Constitution and civil justice. And President Trump boasted in the Oval Office that he raised more money for Mr. King than for anyone else
Source

Rep King has now been removed from all Committees. What exactly did King say to get House Democrats so excited? “White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” seems to be the quote that everyone is so offended by - but wasn’t he just asking a question?
To be fair, we should listen to Rep King’s own words. I have put together some quotes that Rep King has made. You be the judge:

2013 - On Dreamers - “For everyone who’s a valedictorian, there’s another 100 out there that weigh 130 pounds and they’ve got calves the size of cantaloupes because they’re hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert. Those people would be legalized with the same act.”

2016 - “The idea of multiculturalism, that every culture is equal — that’s not objectively true … We’ve been fed that information for the past 25 years, and we’re not going to become a greater nation if we continue to do that.”

“Mixing cultures will not lead to a higher quality of life but a lower one.”

2018 - Asked on Oct. 21 on WHO-TV in Iowa, “What is a white nationalist?” Mr. King answers: “First of all, I think you have to be white, but then we’ve got Rachel Dolezal who didn’t have to be black to be black. It is a derogatory term today. I wouldn’t have thought so maybe a year or two or three ago. But today they use it as a derogatory term and they imply you are a racist.
Source
What say you ATS - does this raise to the level of White Nationalism or rasism?
Then there is this comment:

“We can't restore our civilization with somebody else's babies.”

that drew in David Duke on twitter:

KKK imperial grand wizard David Duke, GOD BLESS STEVE KING!!! #TruthRISING t.co...— David Duke (@DrDavidDuke) March 12, 2017
Source:

Because the KKK endorses something you say, does that make you a White Nationalist or racist?

I look forward to a good discussion on the freedom of speech angle of this news item.

Please feel free to provide you own sources and links. I think this is an interesting topic that affects all of us.

Enjoy!

edit on 16-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is a post-free speech world because sensitive little bitches in the Democrat party and its liberal base have ZERO emotional coping mechanisms.

These idiots can't discuss ANYTHING for fear of being offended.

Free speech is dead. Liberals killed with with their PC culture, and now they have tech giant enforcers and the media to ostricize anyone who gets out of line.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
NWO, one world, one government, one people, one governmentally created culture.
One race, 100 sexes, one god - Debt.

Any dissonant voices no matter the facts behind them or the truth (if any) in them, any dissonant voices will be silenced.

Welcome to the NWO

Any questions?

edit on 16-1-2019 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Let's be honest. Someone that doesn't believe everyone is equal probably shouldn't be heading the subcommittee on the Constitution and civil justice.

He's been a black mark on the GOP for a while now. Considering how fast they moved to strip him of his power I think it's pretty obvious they were just waiting for an excuse.

I won't be surprised if the GOP run a more moderate candidate against him next time he's up for reelection.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Let's be honest. Someone that doesn't believe everyone is equal probably shouldn't be heading the subcommittee on the Constitution and civil justice.

He's been a black mark on the GOP for a while now. Considering how fast they moved to strip him of his power I think it's pretty obvious they were just waiting for an excuse.

I won't be surprised if the GOP run a more moderate candidate against him next time he's up for reelection.

He has remained quite popular in his home district up to this point.

Iowa's 4th congressional district is a congressional district in the U.S. state of Iowa that covers its northwestern part. The district includes Sioux City, Ames, Mason City, Fort Dodge, Boone and Carroll; it is currently represented by Republican Steve King, who has been in office since 2013. Distribution: 50.58% urban, 49.42% rural. Median income: $55,496. Ethnicity: 95.8% White, 0.8% Black, 1.1% Asian, 2.5% Hispanic, 0.2% Native American

Source

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Not everyone is equal.

We have equal protection under the law. Everything else is a fantasy to make underachieving complainers feel better about their lot in life.

Are you a "99%er" or a "1%er"? Don't think! Just join the class war.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

If you apply the same standards to all the committees, there would be no one to run them.

The double standard is what gets Americans riled up.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have been noticing for a while now that as soon as some fringe group with wacky ideals endorses you or says something positive about you, you immediately get branded as reciprocating that endorsement and then their logic follows through that you believe everything this fringe group believes because they like you.

That's like saying your neighbor likes to poop on the front porch, and because he likes you, you must like him and you must also enjoy pooping on your front porch too! INSANITY!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Someone has to say the same point that comes up every time there's a free speech thread, so I'll go ahead and do it before it gets lost in the thread:

He's free to say whatever wants, but he isn't free from the consequences of what he says.

I mean, read those quotes in the OP, objectively, and then say that he should still be heading a subcommittee on the Constitution and Civil Justice. He's quoted saying things that go directly against those ideals.

He's also free to believe whatever he wants, but again, not free from the consequences. Since he believes that not all cultures are equal (as he's been quoted as saying), he shouldn't be in charge of a civil justice committee.

It's just common sense.
edit on 16-1-2019 by narrator because: spelling

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

And he was in charge of the subcommittee that dealt with equality under law. Considering his past comments, that's as ridiculous as Saudi Arabia being in charge of the Human Rights Council.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

The speech police claim another scalp. The thought police applaud their actions.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: narrator

“He's free to say whatever wants, but he isn't free from the consequences of what he says. “

This is still the slimiest argument for censorship, and I still cringe whenever I read it. I imagine the heretics writhing on a burning steak as they suffer the so-called consequences for what they said.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

How is this worse than inviting hundreds of thousands of people that stand in opposition to our culture, refuse to assimilate, and are working in cahoots with the tyrannical/globalist side of our government?

Its not worse. Steve King is being blunt and it rips right through the paper thin skin of a leftist.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: narrator

Are you saying all cultures are equal? The Sentinelese culture is not equal to American culture, mister "its just common sense". Not only in the sense of size, and how well it flourishes... but the fact that we are FAR more diverse and span multipule cultures. (which is a BETTER thing than all else, says the left, right? right? better. right?).

Perhaps you are trying to say all people are equal under the eyes of our creator, because that would be true.

edit on 16-1-2019 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

a reply to: projectvxn

And he was in charge of the subcommittee that dealt with equality under law. Considering his past comments, that's as ridiculous as Saudi Arabia being in charge of the Human Rights Council.

And?

Did he apply any standard in that subcommittee, in terms of legislation or policy, that was or is in violation of the equal protection clause?
edit on 16 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This is a post-free speech world because sensitive little bitches in the Democrat party and its liberal base have ZERO emotional coping mechanisms.

Why blame democrats when republicans stripped him of power?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

In your view, because you see the Sentinelese culture as lesser than American culture do you believe that gives us the right to destroy it? Do you believe people from that culture should not be given the same rights as those of Americans?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Why are you bringing up destroying them? No, let them be. They are left alone by everyone as it is.

No they should not be given the same rights as Americans, because they are not Americans. If they wish to go through a process by which to become an American and obtain those rights... i support them.

edit on 16-1-2019 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Notice none of the people saying he should be removed actuality disputed anything he said as being false.

We are at a point where feelings matter more than facts and logic.

This is why we can't have rational and logical debates on policy.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

That isn't an argument for censorship. It's common sense. Actions (including the act of speaking) have consequences.

Example: Tell a cop you plan to bomb a building. That's just freedom of speech, right? By your logic, you shouldn't be investigated by the police in that scenario, because you're allowed to say whatever you want with zero consequences.

edit on 16-1-2019 by narrator because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join