It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN legal analyst Areva Martin accuses David Webb of ‘white privilege’- he’s black

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

She's a great representative of the democrat party. That's the self-own of the year so far. I only say "so far" because there will be many more. These are liberals we're talking about, their talking points and retorts are all from the same ignorant playbook.

To that I say, stop being lazy, try being independent and researching your own data and talking points, and if you can do that, good luck remaining a liberal.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
He didn't sound black so it ran with it.

You can say that again...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

And again...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

And one more time for luck...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: UKTruth

They don't have to apologize, just need to do better screening and preps beforehand, and verify with certainty race, ideology, politics, religion, toxic masculinity, etc so that it doesn't happen again, and that their target for hate is actually worthy of it.

The apology definitely wouldn't be accepted. But look at what these same people said Milo Yannopoulis. Said he was homophobic racist. He's a gay white dude with a black boyfriend. He just didn't view the world from their eyes. It's truly a shame that news agencies refuse to call these people out. If they would just do that, this would likely come to an end.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Pure racism.

Now, we have a precedent already set for this, thanks to the situations surrounding people like Dwayne Chapman, Paula Deen, and Terry Bollea. Areva Martin should be forced to apologize publicly, fired from her position at CNN, and stripped of any honors or awards she has ever received for anything she has done. Any investments or assets of a public nature should also be confiscated for the public good, and she should be barred from ever appearing on a news show again.

Sucks when you get caught by your own rules, I guess...

TheRedneck

She's the perfect example of the type of person that should be sent to these reeducation camps. Of course, she would probably learn to act the same way she acts now since those who are sent there are brainwashed into feeling like Abreva.

Yes, it would suck being caught by your own rules if her people would call her out but we all know she'll be coddled and they'll cover her story up. Worst case scenario, MSM runs an 8 second headline and goes right back to talking about how selfish Trump is for serving fast food to the Clemson Tiger football team for beating a team that decided not to show up and instead handed them a gift win.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: network dude

That's an LOL moment for sure. The team should have prepped her a bit better.

Her team probably didn't know he was black either. I mean come on, his name is David. Ain't nobody black named David, just white supremacists and white men suffering from white privilege.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
If this doesn't show everything we need to know about the sensitivity mob culture we've created, and the whole notion of "white privilege", then I dont know what does.

White privilege, as a concept, is racist as hell when you apply any standard of scrutiny to it.

And it's always, ALWAYS, the left who bring up race. Always.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Is this any different from being called a Nazi when you aren't white?

Asking for a friend.

Listen, it’s a scientific fact that anybody who disagrees with the American left, on any topic, is a literal Nazi. That’s regardless of race.

It is known.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
If this doesn't show everything we need to know about the sensitivity mob culture we've created, and the whole notion of "white privilege", then I dont know what does.

White privilege, as a concept, is racist as hell when you apply any standard of scrutiny to it.
You didn’t get the memo that questioning the concept of white privilege, is racist, and proves you suffer from said privilege.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not only racist but an idiot that doesn't do her own homework, maybe she would've chosen her words more "carefully" lmao.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Asking for a friend.

Listen, it’s a scientific fact that anybody who disagrees with the American left, on any topic, is a literal Nazi. That’s regardless of race.

It is known.

Please forgive me, I'm still trying to learn the ways of the oh-so-enlightened left.

Seems I have a ways to go..

Brb, I'm gonna go do some Nazi things.. like.. use my brain or something.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Asking for a friend.

It is known.

Please forgive me, I'm still trying to learn the ways of the oh-so-enlightened left.

Seems I have a ways to go..

Brb, I'm gonna go do some Nazi things.. like.. use my brain or something.
If you are thinking logically, that’s whiteness too.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Good ol' Alexandria! She never disappoints.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Regardless as to how some foolishly use the term, white privilege does exist. It wouldn't cause such fervor if you accepted reality instead of pretending you live in a super equal society.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirhillarybray
Regardless as to how some foolishly use the term, white privilege does exist. It wouldn't cause such fervor if you accepted reality instead of pretending you live in a super equal society.

Yep, and so do sasquatch and the Loch Ness monster.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: sirhillarybray

Yep, and so do sasquatch and the Loch Ness monster.

Ignorance truly is bliss,breh.

I'd respect the perspective more if you just admitted that you don't care, instead of pretending to maintain some level of nobility and simply finding that privilege doesn't exist.

This thread is filled with fallacy. Many of you are so defensive about white privilege you'll attach yourself to anything that makes you feel better about yourself and your beliefs.
edit on 16-1-2019 by sirhillarybray because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sirhillarybray

Yeah, I'm defensive about "white privilege." I'm about as defensive about it as I would be if a known serial killer were holding a gun to my head.

As it is being used, as evidenced by Martin's own statements, it is an automatic black mark against someone who happens to be white. That's all it is. If there is such a thing as actual "white privilege," it is made moot by the fact that the term is applied to anyone that disagrees with the applier as long as their skin is pale... in this case, even when one's skin is not so pale. It's been weaponized just like "racist" was weaponized.

So, anyone claiming that there is something wrong with being defensive about the misuse of the term is being purposely deceitful and malicious.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sirhillarybray

Lmao wait what?

This thread is filled with fallacy. Many of you are so defensive about white privilege you'll attach yourself to anything that makes you feel better about yourself and your beliefs.

That's literally what the left does with EVERYTHING

Bahaha ohhhh the irony

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
In which sense?

Even if white privilege does exist, it’s way over exaggerated and abused as a concept.

Sjws literally claim that Corey Booker is less privileged than an impoverished trailer park white kid in the Appalachians with a single drug addicted mother.

I’ve had multiple people professionally tell me I’m not highly qualified nor have had to work hard, because I’m blonde and white. Often the same have a small fraction of my experience and education.

From what I’ve seen most “privilege” is from wealth and connections. Class.

In my last job without any doubt people of color and women whose parents were highly connected, or whom themselves had worked on political campaigns and knew politicians, were treated way better, had the same jobs or higher level with LESS qualifications, and were promoted over others. THATs privilege. There were people who had the same job as me, when by their own admission it was their first real job, with a bachelors degree. I had almost 10 yrs exp and two masters degrees. One was the son of a politician. Another was the daughter of a major political donor. Black and Jewish respectively.
edit on 16-1-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join