It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if it were the Northern U.S. border?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Straw man? I am directly refuting your argument as a fallacy in and of itself.

Border apprehensions vs. Visa overstay is not a comparison of equal terms period.

The article you linked used the premise "more illegals on overstayed visas than apprehended at the border" later to emphasize and reinforce the premise illegal border crossings are not as bad as visa overstays. Thus comparing known exact data on visa holders vs. Aprehentions as if apprehended persons are the only known illegal border crossovers.

There are no known numbers of illegal border crossers that make it through only estimates and those numbers vary as widely as illegal aliens residing in the U.S.

Using the data as presented in the article linked attempts to sway a reader that the border issue is less an issue than visa overstays deflecting with known information without addressing apprehensions do not represent all illegal crossers while visa overstays can be derrived from exact numbers. Ergo the information as presented maybe factual in data, the article itself is completely deceptive.

I think we all can agree persons illegally cross the U.S. border daily and dont get caught.

Additionally, visa overstays are also a problem.

Should the ridiculous enticement to come cross illegally into the U.S. be addressed and the legislature de-politicize the topic enough to enforce laws already existing the wall would be a non issue.

Mg

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yup send a message that. YOU AREN'T WELCOME ANYMORE. And people get all polarized and upset when I call them xenophobic.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: wantsome
We get a lot of invaders from Canada. People come from all around the world to Canada to try and enter the United States illegally. In Michigan we have the busiest border crossing with Canada in the country. We have border patrol all over the place including the coast guard. We have cameras all up and down our water ways. I've been fishing on the great lakes for 35 years. I see the border patrol every time I'm out. If I accidentally cross into Canadian waters chances are I'm going to have to explain myself. But I don't do it because I don't want the hassle. I stay away from crossing into Canada. Most of us know better. They've caught Chinese people running across the Detroit river in the winter in sub zero temps with no shoes and no coats. Smugglers pull up to the river in a car and say there's America go for it. The great lakes coastline is larger then the east coast and west coat of America combined. The Canadian border is massive. There's no way you're going to wall off
Mexico let alone Canada. A lot of people in Michigan came from Canada illegally. All this talk of a wall with Mexico is nothing but Trump trying to rally his moron followers.

*than
*coast (although I can understand a missed letter)

Was Obama trying to rally his moron followers when he was all for a wall? How about the other democrats that were all for a wall until Trump was for one?

Think about what you say before you say it because the psychological projection the left releases every single day is always in regards something they've done, a way they've acted, or something they were in full support of before and/or after 2015. Your double standards, hypocrisy, and foolishness piles up more and more every day. Hopefully you're not under the impression that normal American people agree with you or that you'll change their minds with your grade school childish name calling and rhetoric.
Then than who cares it's been 35 years since I was in 5th grade. When I was in middle school windows didn't even exist we were using dos. And no I don't remember how to use dos either. You want to talk about a double standard. You want to talk about Obama lets talk about Reagan. Republican demigod Ronald Reagan granted blanket amnesty to every illegal in the country. Republicans didn't care back then.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Yup send a message that. YOU AREN'T WELCOME ANYMORE. And people get all polarized and upset when I call them xenophobic.

Not welcomed in an illegal action. As I said legal immigration in our country is at its highest, and we need legal seasonal workers in the form of work visas. The problem is we are spending over 100 billion a year on illegals even AFTER you subtract whatever taxes they might generate. Another example is situations we see in CA with teachers on strike, and one of their issues is the 50 to 1 student to teacher ratio they say they have, and I say no #.

We can't even take care of our homeless so further burdens on our social systems is not doing anyone good. People are complaining they are using converted old Walmart's as detention centers and it isn't by choice, its by necessity. We can't have it both ways as people say let them come illegally oh BTW have unlimited funds to deal with it..

Send the 700 million south of the border who most live in some form of poverty the message that our borders are open, we have sanctuary cities to protect you, bring your kids for free schooling and healthcare, say the magic words to get a green card...so on and so on and see how many try to come here. Is that what you want? Maybe we need a slightly different message...

Just crazy...

edit on 17-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Apparently some of the democrats are going after the Canada USA border

www.ctvnews.ca...

House Democrats plan to use their new legislative powers to investigate if the Canadian border is properly resourced and staffed. The incoming chair of the House Homeland Security Oversight and Management Efficiency Subcommittee, California Rep. Lou Correa, says President Donald Trump's focus on the U.S.-Mexico border is ignoring possible threats from the northern border.
Homeland Security says there are nearly 200 vacancies for Border Patrol agents at the Canadian border, and warn that terrorists can slip across without detection.

According to reports from POLITICO, the White House has requested $211 million to hire 750 new Border Patrol agents likely bound for the United States' southern border. There are 17,000 agents working at the U.S.-Mexico border -- compared to just 2,000 working at Canada's border with the United States, which is over twice as long.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I think you've missed my point. Americans have a right to protect their borders and it so happens that the illegals are mostly crossing from the South, and they also happen to generally be of darker skin, so the media portrays it as racist rather than a legal problem, social problem, criminal problem.... I don't see the color as being as important a factor than the other factors.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
That was my point. If this were happening for all the same reasons on the Northern border, but everyone crossing was white, how would the media portray it?? The problem is on the Southern border, most of the people crossing are darker skinned, and despite the illegality and the many types of problems brought across a border we should defend as a sovereign nation, it is being portrayed as racist rather than Americans protecting their own border.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join