It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 year old boy falls down 360 ft well

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
My mistake - it happened at 2 pm Sunday.
Not the Monday as I posted.

Tubing has been placed down the shaft of the well to prevent further collapse.
Then a vacuum will be sent down to suck away the debris blocking the well.

Hopefully, we get good news today.

They are trying to determine exactly where in the well the child is.
I wonder if there is a ground penetrating radar small enough to fit down the hole.
Then they would be able to see exactly where Julen is.

It turns out that it was the boy's uncle who drilled the well while prospecting for water.

Edit.
The vacuum was deployed and was unable to remove the blockage.
However, it did find some of the boy's hair. A DNA test proved it was the child's.
Some people were being vocal on other sites saying that it was "impossible" for a child to fit down such a small opening.

Crews are now digging two separate tunnels - one at an angle into the hillside, the other parallel to the one the boys trapped in.
They are hoping to intersect with the well in the next 48 hours.

edit on 16-1-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I read a couple of days ago that they weren't hopeful as there were no longer cries / screams coming from the well - they think the poor kid may have sunk into the mire at the bottom of the wall (mud, sand, water, etc).

This is just very tragic, both for the poor toddler (how scared must he be?) and for the parents.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

I read a couple of days ago that they weren't hopeful as there were no longer cries / screams coming from the well - they think the poor kid may have sunk into the mire at the bottom of the wall (mud, sand, water, etc).

This is just very tragic, both for the poor toddler (how scared must he be?) and for the parents.

there is hope.......when i was just a young one.......i remember another that fell down a pipe..........much like this one......my prayers are with him....my heart hopes he will be ok
edit on 1/16/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i feel like they sent a monkey down with a sandwich but i might be pulling that from some movie.

The Simpsons episode where Bart drops a walkie talkie down a well and pretends he's a kid named Timmy that got stuck in the well. I don't think they actually sent the monkey down the well, though. I think Krusty gave a sandwich to Mr Teeny, his chimp, to take down the well and Teeny promptly ate the sandwich.

Dude fkn seriously??? this is a kid......i know it might seem cool sometimes to me so disconnected, or to even do it to hide your own stuff........but come on man..........this is a child.........

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

reminds me of her.
i remember that.
it was 20 feet but i think it went a couple days.

i feel like they sent a monkey down with a sandwich but i might be pulling that from some movie.

both of you......serious freaking issues.....its a kid not the butt end of a joke man..........someones child......could be yours....fking narcissism is getting to be a plague.......

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Everyone has their own coping traits.

Making self generated humor about a horrific situation, is the only way some people are able to deal with the topic.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Unfortunately a body has been found 240 ft down the well, underneath a blockage.

www.dailymail.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Body of 2 year old boy who fell down a well is found

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

the link is broken

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

I just read:

"Respected Spanish news website El Espanol said Julen's body had been found. The paper reported that the body had been spotted beneath a blockage around 240 ft down the 350ft borehole in Malaga.
But these reports now appear to be unfounded."

As of now, I cant find any information confirming that the boy had died.

Here is a diagram of the two tunnels being drilled

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: TinySickTears

8 inches!?
My god. That’s horrible.
It’s a miracle she survived. And that was only 20 feet.
Ron Short - a man born without collar bones offered to slink down the hole and pull her out.
Jeezes, the dudes got a slithery talent.

Yeah it was wild.
I remember watching it play out.

I still feel like they sent a monkey down with food.

They bored a tunnel next to hers and then over to hers and some dude slunk through on his back to reach up to her.

I still remember when she came out she had a silver dollar size patch of skin scraped off the middle of her forehead

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

en.wikipedia.org...

reminds me of her.
i remember that.
it was 20 feet but i think it went a couple days.

both of you......serious freaking issues.....its a kid not the butt end of a joke man..........someones child......could be yours....fking narcissism is getting to be a plague.......

I'm not joking
I said I could be mistaken but I feel like they sent one down with food and a camera.

What's so bad about me saying it?

I think they did

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

She was down there for 58 hours.
Hours would go by without her making a noise.

Like I said.
Could be wrong.
I was a kid when it played out but I feel like it happened

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This is just horrible. I have a 2 year old and I simply cannot imagine going through this.

I found an article posted just an hour ago that says they are still attempting to get to him.

Heartbreaking.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Weagle

Ya thats for sure.
The father is blaming himself.
The wife went to go make a phone call, dad was putting some logs on the camp fire while his cousin and kid played.
Then the little boy fell down the hole.

The man whos property the hole was drilled on - in one article it said the uncle, said that the hole was capped.
But seems like it was only capped with some small rocks.

Sounds like the ground fell out from underneath the child

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I can’t imagine the guilt, I’m not sure I’d be able to continue on if I was in their shoes. As a father of a 2 year old boy I can’t help but keep checking on this story hoping for good news, but I don’t think it’s helping my mental state.

When I read this last night I was compelled to put down my phone and spend some quality time with my son before his bed time, he was probably confused as to why I was crying through half our play time.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Back the F down, man. I'm not disconnected from anything here, but then "thoughts and prayers" posted in a thread about a total stranger aren't exactly anything more than vocalizing the obvious, which would itself seem like an exercise in narcissism... a sort of "I'm more pious and empathetic than you" posturing and flexing match, if you will. Obviously I hope and pray the child is safely recovered, but at the same time I felt I could provide some manner of clarity towards a memory another member brought to the table.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
www.bbc.com...

Julen's parents José and Victoria have experienced tragedy before.

Residents where they live say their three-year-old son, Oliver, died suddenly less than two years ago because of a heart problem.

Wow...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Going on Day 5 and still no news on Julen.
No noise or anything has been heard since he initially fell in.
The new tunnels are being dug.
Hopefully we will witness a miracle.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

This is just heart wrenching and doesn't look hopeful. That precious child does indeed need a miracle and I hope he gets it.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This story is so heart wrenching. I have a couple of daughters and I can't imagine going through something like this, especially after they've already lost a 3 yr old to a heart condition. The parents made the comment that they feel dead inside, so sad. My prayers and thoughts are with them.

I've been trying to get new info for the last few days but not much has changed. They're saying at least two more days of digging to reach the boy.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join