It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Metallica were still good...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
I think the fans are to blame, whenever metallica tried something new everyone complained that it didn't sound like their early stuff, and they listened.
so now you've just a bunch of 50 somethings trying to be the same people they were in theyre early 20s.

Bob Rock is to blame. Aside from (arguably) Motley Crue's Dr Feelgood album, everything the man has done in his career has been cancer and Dr. Feelgood was at best a benign tumor of an album. Metallica was Rock's biggest accomplishment and his greatest middle finger to the heavy metal industry. He effing ruined an amazing band then managed to violate their remains by egging Lars on to file the infamous Napster lawsuit which started the wheels for the RCIA piracy lawsuits for the next decade+. The dude is the scum of the music industry, IMO.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
Metallica hasn’t been good since the black album...

Oof! That leaves the door open for whether you're including the Black Album as good, or admitting it was the mechanism which pushed the Mighty Met into the mainstream where they promptly sold out and went limp.

For me it ended at 'and justice for all' after that the was enter sandman and...that's it. St. Angers' title reflected my emotion-what was Lars thinking? did he replace his snare with a empty beer keg?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
They kept popping up in my Roon Radio stream... I quickly found the album in the library and deleted it so I never have to hear them again. Awful rubbish.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I never understand the metallica hate, the damn bus rolled over and Cliff died, the band had to adapt without a key member and could only do what they did, they tried their best but could never be the same, how could they? its not like they can bring back the dead...

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
They are old men, after all. I'm frankly surprised Hetfield can still walk by now. He sure can't sing anymore though. They were good enough while they were. Nothing lasts forever. Even cold November rain.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I was a die hard Metallica fan back years ago.I even went to
one of their concerts while I was still in my 30's,I am 64 now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join