It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notables from A.G. Nominee William Barr's Senate Confirmation Hearing.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

The Senate confirmation hearing for WILLIAM BARR, President Trump's choice to replace former DOJ Attorney General Jeff Sessions, began today.

There are quite a few notable statements from AG nominee Barr. One of my personal favorite is Barr's willingness to have REPORTERS and JOURNALISTS JAILED for cause.

President Trump’s attorney general nominee, William Barr, told a Senate panel Tuesday that he “can conceive of situations” where the Justice Department might jail reporters.

Barr made the worrisome remark in response to a question from Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) who asked Barr, “If you’re confirmed, will the Justice Department jail reporters for doing their jobs?” Barr stated that prosecuting reporters would be a “last resort” that could happen, especially if a news outlet has run through a “red flag.”
Source: www.thedailybeast.com...

I'll add more, and ATS members are welcome to share what you liked, or didn't like, regarding Mr. Barr's testimony to the U.S. Senate.

-CareWeMust

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He is a horrible pick.
But i'm sure you like him cause he is pro jailing reporters.
I still have screen pics of you calling for the killing of reporters cause you don't agree with them.

I shall never forget that LOL

Anyways besides that one issue he seems decent but that just really irked me.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It was naueseating listening to Feinsteins opening speech...

How many times can she say ''Russia Collusion'' in one breathe?

They're trying to say it as many times as possible, on the record... to taint history

its embarrassing..

also, after the Chinese Spy in her camp and after her BS crap about Judge Kavanaugh.. why do Lindsay Graham and Mitch Mcconnell praise her and thank her and tip their hat to her?... its like no one remembers the corrupt crap going on in the dem camp and they just go home and be friends once all said and done.. its sick

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
FDR's War Against the Press
Nothing new.

Thanks for the linky.

I have heard about that but stupid me never read up on it.
You learned me today!
Thank you sir/ma'am

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well, he was pretty shocked about the Strozk and Page texts.

Seems like he'll put some pressure on this, but we shall see, hmmm???

I'll keep an eye out for more bits, been watching here and there, pretty interesting guy, old school?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
He is a horrible pick.
I still have screen pics of you calling for the killing of reporters cause you don't agree with them.

That must be really OLD material you have in your possession. The people who Own and Run the Anti-America liberal "news" outlets, are the root of the danger.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Good analysis! If you recall Feinstein's role in hiding documents during Kavanaugh's hearings, unilaterally releasing classified information in 2017, and cornering Senator Lisa Murkowski against a wall to threaten her a few months ago, it's clear she's a bad apple.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
FDR's War Against the Press
Nothing new.

Just think of how FDR would have used Twitter if it was around back then. He would have bypassed established news outlets to communicate with the country, like President Trump is doing now.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Like you, I only caught bits and pieces of Barr's testimony today. I worry about his health, but was impressed with his confident level-headedness.

I wish they would have asked him what he thought about the DOJ Inspector General (Michael Horowitz) concluding that there was "no bias" from Strzok, Page, etc..

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Wonder what Feinstein's little "care package" to Barr's Grandson was all about.

Subtle "hint" maybe?

Barr's Daughter (the boy's Mother) is a prosecutor working under Rosenstein.

Hmmm

🧐

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Kamala Harris sure gets frustrated often in these hearings. I swear every headline involving her on any committee starts with either "Kamala Harris frustrated by..." or "Kamala Harris confused by..." The woman needs to buy a clue.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

What more can they do.. neither of them work for the DOJ any longer.
They didnt commit any crime not liking trump.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

William Barr's Grandson wrote a note to his Grandpa today too.
thehill.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Peter Strzok (and others) were referred to DOJ for Criminal Investigation, by Inspector General Horowitz, 7 months ago.

Source Article from June 2018: www.foxnews.com...

As you know from watching Bob Mueller, it doesn't matter if the subject of an investigation is a former Govt employee.
edit on 1/16/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

He is a horrible pick.

You are wrong of course. It doesn't really center on "jailing reporters" for what you should reflect on, it is that reporters will be "Held accountable".
Right now and for the past many years publishers of news can pretty much print whatever they want and get away with it.

Now they may be made to be actually afraid to incorporate LIES and FALSEHOODS in the news like they have been doing without any fear of accountability.

Wouldn't you like that? Or is it only being said it's lies and falsehoods because it twists the narrative against Trump?

Now with this new thing if it works out, a reporter or editor might say to themselves, "Gosh, should I print this knowing it isn't exactly what was meant"?
That would be a good thing.

edit on 16-1-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
it's interesting how certain Senators and House members LOVE going on CNN or MSNBC to whine and complain.

This evening it was Senator Blumenthal..

Democratic Senator Blumenthal tells Anderson Cooper that Trump's appointee for AG, William Barr, intends to bury Mueller's report, and instead, issue "the Barr Report".

"He refused in response to my questions to commit to that he would tell us even what he is deleting or editing out."
Source w/vidclip: twitter.com...

If that second quoted sentence is actually what Blumenthal said, the man is losing it.

Edit to add: A weird 50 second exchange between Senator Blumenthal and William Barr today.
Vidclip: twitter.com...
edit on 1/16/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I wonder if a Senator will ask Mr. Barr about this statement he made in 2017?

“I have long believed that the predicate for investigating the uranium deal, as well as the Clinton foundation, is far stronger than any basis for investigating so-called ‘collusion.’”
Source: twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I am guessing some Dems are going to Accuse him of Rape . It's Not like it has not been tried Before...........

top topics

<<   2 >>

join