It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP/White Noise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I tried searching about this on the site but I guess Im not so good at searching. Has anyone experimented with this? I have done it a couple of times since the movie came out with a couple buddies but we havent had much luck so far. Im just curious as to what your guy's opinions on this matter are and if anyone has any experience with this

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have a couple of links for you guys to check out

www.ghostpix.com...
that right there is like your orb stuff and such

www.ghostpix.com...
theres a couple of audio galleries

www.aaevp.com...
heres an organization devoted to researching it and going indepth with it and such

Theres a lot of cool stuff out there about this
For example I went to one site and they claimed they used it to try to find Laci and they had her voice. It was pretty darn amazing. but you guys should investigate this yourself. Keep an open mind about this stuff

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
intresting, Just looking at the links and reading a little more about it,

heres a link on ATS you may find of interest,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Oh I just read that thread but Im just curious as to whether or not you guys are into that stuff? I know White Noise was a piece of crap when it came to being based on it but hey its Hollywood.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is one subject that scares the...skirt off of me. I listened to special show on coast to coast and i swear i havent slept right yet after that.

Scary.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Kind of scarey when you think of the possibilities of all those deceased relatives hanging around in your bedroom and offering up criticism that you can't even hear ... Unless you have a tape recorder going!!!

dgtempe... If it is an actual occurance, it's natural and there isn't much to do about it. I have a friend who is a Black Belt in Karate. Asked him if he'd ever been frightened by a ghost. He said, "No, but if I was, I figure in 60 or 70 years that ghost has a butt kicking coming".

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i would not be scared if it were really ghosts on this recordings. at least this would be evidence that death is not the end, and to imagine the end of my existence is what scares the sh1t out of me. i try not to think about it, but if i am honest to myself that is what i really believe.

life is beautiful even on the bad days!

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well I dont believe this is a matter to be scared of. It is something that is happening and you just have to have a positive mindset towards it. I believe that the coolest thing about this subject is the matter of ITC. I dont know the exact definition of it but it entails actually talking and seeing the dead. You can see their faces through the static in your television set. Its unbelievable Im going to try it hopefully this coming up Friday/Saturday and Ill let you guys all know my results.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I was interested in trying EVP, and I did some research on it. I've yet to try it, but here are a few suggestions that I read if you'd like to try it.

1. Set an appointment. Actually write down the date and time that you plan to talk to the spirit, and tell them out loud that you will be contacting them, say, "tomorrow at 4:30."

2. There's certain recording equipment that works better than others. You can research this on the net. Some digital recorders work better than standard tape decks, and vise versa.

3. Keep trying. You may have to do it for weeks or months before you get any noticeable results. They also say it doesn't matter what time of day you do it. So if I was a little scared, I'd stick to the daytime.

4. Keep a regular schedule. This also goes with making the appointment, as in #1. If you countinuously try to contact the spirit or spirits at the same time and day, on a regular schedule, you may have better results.

5. Some recorders will require background noise. This background noise is what the spirits actually use to produce the audio of their voices. Background noise can come from anything from a fan to the loudness of the tape recorder itself. It's very important that there be some steady, but low, background noise for the spirits to work from. Some of the cheaper or older tape recorders come with their own built-in background noise, just because they're so loud. You may even be better off using an external microphone, rather than the recorder's built in one.

6. IMPORTANT. Although I haven't read of any known cases of spirits doing harm to people through EVP, you should be very careful. If you're depressed, under a lot of stress, easily scared, etc. you may not want to try this. There are good and bad spirits out there. Spirits can feed off of negative energy from things such as depression or even fear. You're basically inviting them into your world by doing this EVP, so therefore you must be prepared for the consequences.

As I've said, I've never even done this. These are just suggestions that I've read. I'd be very careful doing this, and I'd make sure that you have multiple people with you who are also mentally prepared for what may come about. No matter what, keep trying. It may take a long time to get something, and you may even have to tweak with the tape to even hear it. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
hi all i have seen the film and every thing i have read all the things people have put to this article i really would like to get into this sort of reasearch when i read some of the advice one guy put i know it may sound stupid but it put shivers down me!if any one would liek to talk with me about this please reply of email me please i would love to talk to some of you!

new topics

top topics

join