It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Prepare Hearings On "Rightwing Extremism"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

I don't understand how 9/11 or ISIS have any relevance with right wing terrorist groups in USA?

Learning how to read is how to begin.

U.S. domestic terrorism strategy that he believes has focused too heavily on the threat of homegrown Muslim terrorism and too little the rise of far right, white nationalist, and anti-Semitic groups.....

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

We have to be careful when we talk about it though because it can just mean wildly outside the norm.

Like extreme sports.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If we look at three deadliest terror attacks in US history the only one in the Top 10 committed by Islamic extremists was 9/11. Everything else was committed by some brand of Right Wing extremism.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart
You were just having this discussion, I was reading it all

While I like idea, I'm worried its going to be seen as an attack on the other side. Hopefully his homeland security background makes him the right candidate to lead this.

I am quite proud of the GOP reaction to Steve King.

I hope we can focus on all hate groups and minimize their destruction.

Here's the thing.

This is bad because some people feel that stating "2 genders" or any other formerly popular opinion on a hot button issue is now seen as a "micro-aggression". How long before a "micro-aggression" becomes considered home grown emotional terrorism?

Maybe never. But should we leave that kind of power on the table in the hopes that no one will ever abuse it?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Overtly? No there hasn't been a single post defending Nazis. At the same time though the also hasn't been a single post discussing the OP. Instead it's been page after page of deflection about how awful the Left is. Just like every thread about Right Wing extremism.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

If we look at three deadliest terror attacks in US history the only one in the Top 10 committed by Islamic extremists was 9/11. Everything else was committed by some brand of Right Wing extremism.

Wrong.

You forgot about the Pulse nightclub, for one.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Islamic terrorism IS RIGHT WING EXTREMISM.

Get off that GD high horse.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I stand mistaken. That is #10. Still the point remains. Only two of the top 10 deadliest terror attacks in US history were the result of Islamic extremism. The rest were committed in the name of white supremacy.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

You are forgetting most likely the Vegas mass shooting.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

San Bernadino,Tsarnev's,Pulse,Fort Hood.

They're not forgetting.

They flat out ignore real history to push their GD agenda.,
edit on 15-1-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

But since 2016 a lot of Antifa groups have been attacking almost exclusively right wing groups, even if they aren’t fascist.
Wow! right wing groups that aren't fascist? Could you point them out? I am sure the member's parents will be relieved to hear the news!

Really? All right wing groups are fascist? You have to be extremely stupid and ignorant to actually believe what you wrote. Just what this site needs, another divisive noob without a frick'n clue pushing more nonsense. Enough drivel already, jeeeeeez.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

OKC was about white supremacy?

I'm gonna grab some popcorn.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Islamic terrorism IS RIGHT WING EXTREMISM.

Get off that GD high horse.
Lol actually that’s true. Fundamentalist Islam is right wing, not left wing.
edit on 15-1-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I stand mistaken. That is #10. Still the point remains. Only two of the top 10 deadliest terror attacks in US history were the result of Islamic extremism. The rest were committed in the name of white supremacy.

Now count outside the US.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

So first you said it was ‘right wing extremism’ and now you’re saying ‘white supremacy’.

Which is it?

Because they are NOT the same thing. Not even close.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

San Bernadino,Tsarnev's,Pulse,Fort Hood.

They're not forgetting.

They flat out ignore real history to push their GD agenda.,
Now days I just see it as extremists with a fundamentalist mindset, whether that be religious, racial, or communist.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I feel safer already

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

How long has islamic extremism been a part of the US?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

So first you said it was ‘right wing extremism’ and now you’re saying ‘white supremacy’.

Which is it?

Because they are NOT the same thing. Not even close.

Wonder how it can be "White Supremacy" when many of the victims are they themselves white...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join