It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Virginia Eyes Gun Grab

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
How's that for an eye catcher. And it's true. Once again a (D) representative/Senator is pushing for giving up your firearms.

The plan is to ban sale and possession of 'assault' weapons which are as usually being inaccurately or I should say simply undefined because that as we all know is a made up term. How about my assault swiss army knife? lol

'The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), which represents gun manufacturers and dealers, said the vague description of the legislation released by Northam on Jan. 4 would apply to most firearms currently on sale in the commonwealth.'

So what is the tally now for anti second amendment states at major city/state representative level?

Oregon
Colorado
Vermont
New York

what else?

www.foxnews.com...

This is really pissing me off.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I am not opposed to an open discussion about how we can better prevent people from shooting up public places.

But let's get this straight.. laws need to be defined and grandfathering needs to be allowed.

No one is knocking on my door and taking my gun because a law group it into an undefined category.

Luckily though, I'm in Illinois, and while we are blue, we are also broke. I'm sure they would just find a way to tax gun owners instead.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Keep watching/reading Fox™ that'll work...

It is 'par for the course...'

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

foreignpolicy.com...
obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
There will come a time when things become how shall we say...proactive. It will be a bad day to be a Democrat on that day. Yeah, there are laws against that sort of thing, but they won’t mean a damn to those affected and feel inflicted upon.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
There will come a time when things become how shall we say...proactive. It will be a bad day to be a Democrat on that day.

and there is no doubt in my mind that many people want that proactive day to come.
100%

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

not just democrats.
republicans have already passed gun grab laws:

Republican Vermont Gov. Phil Scott has signed a package of bills that raise the age to buy firearms, ban high-capacity magazines and make it easier to take guns from people who pose a threat.

www.usnews.com...

US Virgin Islands sets dangerous precedent for gun seizure
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I wonder how they define 'assault' weapon? In Denver it was semiautomatic rifle.

I lived in VA for a few decades. I can't imagine the people going for this except maybe Charlottesville. Certainly not the Richmond area.

They have no right to complain. They vote Democrat and expect something else? If it happens, they'll just have to undo it later.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

There will come a time when things become how shall we say...proactive. It will be a bad day to be a Democrat on that day.

and there is no doubt in my mind that many people want that proactive day to come.
100%

Just like there are many lawmakers who want to proactively make criminals out of the law-abiding like they have in a few states now.

Your attitude works both ways.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

100%

The only people who want it are the gun grabbers. They seem to be itching for a fight they won't win.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

100%

The only people who want it are the gun grabbers. They seem to be itching for a fight they won't win.

if you say so

it is my opinion that a great many of you right wing gun types want # to go down

youre not going to convince me otherwise so dont bother trying

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

100%

if you say so

it is my opinion that a great many of you right wing gun types want # to go down

Many right wingers think abortion is murder.
Everyone has an opinion

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Hi doggy

Are these less 'offensive' to your 'sensibilities'?

www.washingtonpost.com... 6-11e9-803c-4ef28312c8b9_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.dc1e090cb4a4

www.nationalreview.com...

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

if you say so

I do say so.

I discovered last night how not right wing I am.

I also discovered how NOT left wing I am.

Come for my guns and # will go down. The difference is I am not threatening it, but I am a soldier and I will finish it.

Not trying to. I don't care to change your mind. But when the time comes don't say no one told you this would happen.
edit on 15 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

Highest tax burden in the country and you're f$ broke.

Lol. How do people not see through this s#?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The bizarre truth about what constitutes the gun-grabbers' definition of assault rifle has nothing to do with functionality that increases its ability to cause casualties.

Instead, it's a question of style.

Military-style folding stock, military-style pistol grip, military-style foregrip, military-style removable box magazine, military-style flash hider, etc. Plus points if it's black or similarly-dark color.

Some states have banned any semi-automatic rifle that has three or more of these style features.

It's funny and pathetic all at once, and it shows their true ignorance of firearms.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

sssh dont give them any ideas though!

I am glad we can still find loopholes to get home defence weapons or sport weapons. It's a right.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

100%

if you say so

Wow, you just admitted that you're a partisan hack that isn't willing to debate issues.

Sadly, that's a growing problem!

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

This one probably flies under the radar of most of the gun grabbers. The FN model 1910. A six round .380 made from 1910-1983, which fits with NY’s seven round rule but not the proposed five round of Oregon. Designed by John Browning and actually fairly complex to disassemble for cleaning, which reduces the odds of me really wanting one.

Oh and this particular one pictured is the one that started WWI when Gavrilo Princip assassinated Archduke Ferdinand. So again, it isn’t the gun so much as the person. But rather than address the actual problem directly, they attack the wrong thing and disenfranchise people that are not a problem.

What I am saying is there will come a breaking point. When there will be no more pushes to the shoves. And people will die over stupidity. When that day comes, you have the choice to remain well hidden or be able to produce a gun on request. Because you will either have them or be against them in their hate filled eyes with no middle ground of don’t own one if you don’t want one. Those days will be past. And I dread that day, but see it coming from a mile away.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

100%

if you say so

Shall I outline the fallacy in your position?

If we "right wing gun types" (I'll lump myself in here despite not owning a gun at all), really wanted to "sh!t to go down" as you claim, we've always had this power because we've always had the means to start sh!t.

And yet ... nothing has happened. We've happily owned our guns and done our target shooting, hunting, home defense, etc., without sh!t going down for all the 200+ years of this country's existence because we haven't really wanted sh!t to go down.

What you're reacting to is the warning. Don't mess with people's guns. They represent a long-standing recognized right that only in modern times have some in this country been arrogant enough to think can be easily and quietly removed from people without protest. And people are warning like a cobra flares its hood or rattlesnake shakes its tail. We're here. We see what you're about. This is our right, and you better not try to take it.

That's not starting sh!t. That's warning someone they're about to step in it.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Thanks for those links:

Washington Post - 404

National Review

From a press release:

Delegate Kathy Tran and Senator Adam Ebbin will patron legislation to ban the sale, purchase, possession, and transport of assault firearms in the Commonwealth. The bill also modifies the definition of assault firearm to any firearm that is equipped with a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

Limiting magazine size to ten rounds is nothing new; it was federal law for a decade. But this would ban the possession and transport of such magazines, not just their sale. In other words, everyone who legally purchased one of these magazines in the past — and they come standard with many handguns, including the immensely popular Glock 17 — would apparently be in violation of the law unless they turned them in.

Didn't realize this also includes handguns

The Blaze

Virginia's proposed gun ban could apply to 'most firearms' currently sold legally, group says

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join