It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pawn Shop Owner Says He Sees 10-20 Federal Employees Every Day During Shutdown

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Of course being the deceitful sycophant you are

Well, I see your vocabulary is increasing. That's good. "Racist" was getting stale.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
It just proves what we all know, the lowest form of right wing dregs Infest this place. They don’t work, or even have a clue. They leech off of family and spend their days insulting hard working people who have done nothing wrong. a reply to: JAGStorm

Awe you poor lil thing you....did Trump grab you by your #ussy again? He must have because your panties are always in a bunch.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Those Feds should work new construction for a while. Work real hard to complete the project on time then get laid off until the new one starts. Welcome to life off of the government teat.

Why are Federal workers now a target? Because they are Federal workers? So very sad.

As far as construction goes, only in the U.S. are construction workers treated like this. In Europe, there is none of this bullcrap. You can't so easily lay off a construction worker when a project is done. In the U.S. it is commonplace. But as far as the workers themselves go, you act like because they are doing labor work, they are somehow special and above those who don't? What a joke.

They are doing that sort of work because it's the only work they can get in many cases. My last two jobs have been for construction companies, and their employees many times are illiterate, technologically challenged.. in many cases just dumb as a box of rocks, doing stupid crap that gets them fired. You are building them up like they are a special breed of Americans. The ones that are solid move up.. become superintendents.. general supers, and so on - but many are just in that rut for life. Hard labor doesn't somehow make someone "special" and unique.

Federal jobs often use the same sort of system the military does. You earn your GS1, GS2.. ranks etc. Why is a Federal employee in a GS1 or 2 or 3 capacity that gets laid off, some sort of scum, when compared to tons of non Federal work at the same levels? So many posters are living in a twilight zone of stupid.

They are Americans - people - and just because you don't know them, doesn't mean they are irrelevant. Man.. this site just pisses me off now, so many non-empathetic a-holes who act their crap doesn't stink. Hard labor is some sort of badge of honor, but if you are a Federal employee, you are obviously a non-essential scumbag who would be better left laid off. Job in an office? You are irrelevant. Get over yourselves.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Why are Federal workers now a target? Because they are Federal workers?

Nope.

They're only a target because of the MSM making them a target. Federal workers make better money with more benefits and less actual work than people in private industry. That's just a fact. Now, had they lost a month or better of pay, I would feel some sympathy for them... longer and I would feel more sympathy. But we're talking three days past their normal paycheck and they're having to hock stuff? Normal people have to deal with a few months of looking for a job when a layoff happens, and they don't usually have to hock things.

So when the MSM shows these privileged people having to go through terrors less than what everyone else faces and can't seem to manage to not hock their stuff, yeah, normal folks are going to laugh at them. If you want to blame someone, blame the MSM or at least that tiny percentage of Federal employees that want their 15 minutes of fame so damn badly they make everyone in the government look like idiots.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I guess had the story come from gatewaypundit or conservativetreehouse rather than CBS it would have been more on point?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
government shuts down a country..... but democracy, but freedoms, but bwahahahahaha.

Keep on Oligarching people and hope the next election will be the one to make change.

Or you know, you could start amending those #ing amendments and # for once on your miserable lives.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
People used to actually do something about things like this. thank god the internet came along so we can sit on our arse and impotently bitch about things instead hey?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

You just get people who love trump fighting against people who hate trump.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

yep and the same would be true if Clinton won. Because a coin has 2 sides.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I wonder if the Pawn Shop ran out of money, and is now stuck with a store filled to the brim with pawned items?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join