It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pawn Shop Owner Says He Sees 10-20 Federal Employees Every Day During Shutdown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Personal responsibility is a lost art form....

The one thing this country needs more than anything else is a better personal financial education.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Pfffffft. Whatever. Everyone knows those 800,000 federal employees don’t care about getting paid.

I’m sure they all agree to give up whatever money they make because of how glorious a Donald Trump brand wall will be.

Stupid liberal media trying to convince everyone that people care about getting paid for the work they do.

Did you just suggest the liberal media cares about people?

They are kinda like you in that they just open their pie-holes to cause political division.

Never any solutions, just endless division and bs.

Lame AF dude

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Keep in mind most gov "workers" have college "educations" 😎

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
I pawned my wife and I live in France!

It was much easier and quicker....😉

Am prepared to knock the price down without the hairy armpits!,

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Source? Working 1/2 a mile from an air force base, I know A LOT of civilian government employees. None of whom have college degrees.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

MAGA implies that it wants to make it so people are no longer living paycheck to paycheck. Oddly, I believe that most people probably have lived paycheck to paycheck every since there have been paychecks.

Regardless...

You also seem to think this effects military members. My understanding is that it does not. It is only "non essential" federal employees.

Finally, I hope it lasts a year and helps thin out the bureaucratic behemoth that this country has been croaking and straining under every since World War 2.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You also seem to think this effects military members. My understanding is that it does not. It is only "non essential" federal employees.
a reply to: Fools

Coast Guard are not military? Say it to their face.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
If you have a good government job and you don’t have credit cards. I don’t feel sorry for them

If you don’t want to use a credit card, I understand that, but if you don’t have the saving that equal a small credit card then not having one is your own fault

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

They certainly are, and it cracks me up that they're currently defunded because border security.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

People are hiring literally everywhere. Stop crying and go get a job a wal mart for a couple weeks then quit when the government opens back up.

Would your mortgage lender wait for you to get that first walmart check? Oh that probably would not even cover the payment, my son-in-law worked for the gov his 3rd mortgage is over 2000 because they sent their kids to good schools. They have his elderly relative they pay for care for.

So you think People should not be able to rely on their pay coming in after working? Or is that just for people with .gov jobs? Some of those are janitors you know!

edit on 15-1-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
If you have a good government job and you don’t have credit cards. I don’t feel sorry for them

If you don’t want to use a credit card, I understand that, but if you don’t have the saving that equal a small credit card then not having one is your own fault

IN MY OPINION this is just plain dumb! Every family has different circumstances including handicapped children and family expenses you can't throw all of the people into one box! Working for the government does not make you a rich special case or something!

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Calling fake, the pawn shops around here are long gone replaced by Craigs List and Facebook Marketplace.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: xuenchen

Source? Working 1/2 a mile from an air force base, I know A LOT of civilian government employees. None of whom have college degrees.

Federal jobs require a degree in any subject but you must have a college degree. Look at the fed hiring page.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

They are here and needed even when we are not at war too.

In this Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019 photo, provided by the U.S. Coast Guard, a U.S. Coast Guard boat crew responds to three fishermen in the water after the commercial fishing vessel Mary B II capsized while crossing Yaquina Bay Bar off the coast of Newport, Ore. Authorities say three men were killed when their fishing boat capsized in rough waters off the Oregon coast. (U.S. Coast Guard via AP) AP

www.thestate.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
If you have to go to a pawn shop because you missed one paycheck then you were already having financial problems. I'd bet half of these people going to the pawn shop are functioning drug addicts.

Bam.....there's the answer right there....gotta get that...cooooocaaaiine...

Seriously though...the amount of functioning cokeheads everywhere these days is ridiculous.
edit on 15/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

People are hiring literally everywhere. Stop crying and go get a job a wal mart for a couple weeks then quit when the government opens back up.

Would your mortgage lender wait for you to get that first walmart check? Oh that probably would not even cover the payment, my son-in-law worked for the gov his 3rd mortgage is over 2000 because they sent their kids to good schools. They have his elderly relative they pay for care for.

So you think People should not be able to rely on their pay coming in after working? Or is that just for people with .gov jobs? Some of those are janitors you know!

He got to send his kids to private schools? Yeah screw them

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by:
Federal jobs require a degree in any subject but you must have a college degree. Look at the fed hiring page.

They absolutely do not. Just on the small base I work near, there's a mechanic shop, golf course, hotel with a bar, movie theater, bowling alley, grocery store, gas station, BX (general store) etc... none of which require you to have a degree of any sort, but it's all non appropriated federal funds.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

He got to send his kids to private schools? Yeah screw them

What selfish humans on this thread! He worked his butt off to go through school worked and paid his own way! He came from a large POOR Family! His wife stayed home with the kids like someone should! His kids went through regular school but they had to pay for college and so he mortgaged the house for them twice so they could do what some lumps of coal won't! Take care of their Family!

Just because he applied for a good job that happened to be for the government PEOPLE dare say such low scummy things about a Person they don't even know!

THESE are OUR American People you are calling stupid names!People who are just like everyone else who tries and works, he doesn't get paid a fortune their house is old and falling apart some people make me sick!

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

THESE are OUR American People you are calling stupid names!People who are just like everyone else who tries and works, he doesn't get paid a fortune their house is old and falling apart some people make me sick!

Am I still living in an occupied country? I mean, no one seemed to give two shakes of a rat's tail when I got laid off because the company downsized over Obamacare. I had to suck it up and move on with my life, such as it was with no job opportunities, and every time I said anything against Obamacare I was called a racist.

Now you are here telling us we should care about Americans, "our people," who have been furloughed... and they didn't even really lose their jobs, they were just put on temporary hold. So I guess I'm not one of those Americans you care about nor one of "the people."

Nice to know... (like I didn't know it already).

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Find me one and I will.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join