It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I just went to the website of Le Figaro, a conservative paper in France, to see how they were playing the Brexit story. May's request for an extension was the 16th story down the page.

French interest in this story seems to be waning. Whatever the British do is up to the British. The French don't care, going by Le Figaro.

Le Monde featured a story nearer the top of the page. Their story number two was an article going over the various potential Brexit scenarios, so they are on top of it.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

It cuts both ways....I couldn't give a toss about what The French think....about anything.

And I think they've got enough problems of their own without pondering on the UK's problems.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
If i have this right, Extension won't change the law.
After May's speech tonight she has surely increased her opposition, a 3rd vote is guaranteed be shot down.
Blaming Parliament for her shenannigan's
Which leaves No-deal or canceling Brexit.
No-deal likely
European parliament elections, popcorn will be ready.
edit on 20-3-2019 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

That's a very personal point of view and I appreciate that.

I'm looking at the French press for clues as to what the French government is going to do about an extension. The British government cares a considerable amount about that. I'm increasingly pessimistic about the chances of the May government being given any extension at all. I think the Germans will fight the British fight in the meetings of the EU 27, but France may toss a monkey wrench into the works.
edit on 20-3-2019 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
I think the Germans will fight the British fight in the meetings of the EU 27, but France may toss a monkey wrench into the works.

As has been amply demonstrated, the EU 27 is a bit of a charade. They just rubber stamp what their masters in Brussels say. If there is any reason at all for the UK to leave the EU is is around the total loss of sovereignty in foreign affairs that the EU 27 have in their ability to discuss anything with the UK.

At the end of the day the French are very happy the UK will leave the EU. It changes the dynamic in the EU and removes the only significant block towards the furtherance of a federal EU led by the French and Germany. What Napoleon, the Kaiser and Hitler failed to achieve because of the the UK, will be achieved now the UK is stepping out. The rest of the EU will be dragged into something they cannot now escape from, whether they like it or not.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

As has been amply demonstrated, the EU 27 is a bit of a charade. They just rubber stamp what their masters in Brussels say.

In the same manner as a person with self confidence and self belief doesn't need

the validation of others to function (group boosting)

If there is any reason at all for the UK to leave the EU is is around the total loss of sovereignty in foreign affairs that the EU 27 have in their ability to discuss anything with the UK.

The UK has never needed the validation of other nations, they have always been

a nation of rule makers and not rule takers.

Unlike lemmings they don't need group think.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Apparently the EU is only willing to give the May government up to May 22 to put an orderly Brexit into place and that provided she gets her deal approved by parliament.

www.theguardian.com...

The European Union is poised to take control of Britain’s exit by rejecting Theresa May’s request for a three-month delay and setting a new withdrawal date of no later than 22 May.

The prime minister is seeking an extension of the negotiating period to 30 June to allow the necessary legislation to be passed should she finally get MPs to back her deal next week.

But EU ambassadors at a meeting late on Wednesday night agreed that the risks of having the UK as a member state beyond 23 May, when European elections are due, were too high.

Sources said that during the discussions some member states favoured a longer period and some a shorter one, but that the room coalesced around 22 May as the absolute limit.

The next eight days are going to be highly interesting.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphiAt the end of the day the French are very happy the UK will leave the EU.

Totally agree and it's in their benefit to do so. If the French desire they can literally cause the entire Japanese plants out of the UK and bring many regions in the uK to a literal economic WW3. If they so desire of coarse

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Apparently Corbyn, when pressed on the matter, has refused to rule out revoking Article 50. This is a way that the UK could unilaterally stop the Brexit process.

www.theguardian.com... -mps-accuse-her-of-stoking-hate-politics-live

Corbyn refused to rule out Labour backing revoking article 50 - although he strongly played down the prospect. Asked if he would consider the idea, Corbyn said that was a hypothetical question. Pressed again on whether he was ruling this out, he said:

We think that what we are proposing can be achieved in the British parliament. We do believe we can construct a majority which will prevent the crashing out and all the chaos that will come from crashing out, and that is what we are absolutely focused on.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

There's a hell of a lot of us who don't want any extension.
We voted to leave the EU....it wasn't on the condition of negotiating any deal, we want to come out and THEN start talking.
The politicians have usurped Brexit and turned it into something the British people didn't vote for.

As for Corbyn; the man is an utter disgrace.
The man has been willing to share a stage and 'talk' to some of the most notorious and blood thirsty terrorists in the world.
He's talked to the I.R.A.
He's talked to Hezbollah.
He's talked to Hamas.
He's talked to FARC.

Yet for a long time he refused to meet with The Prime Minister of the UK and discuss Brexit strategies or possible solutions.
When he does meet with the PM he storms out in a childish huff because someone he doesn't like is there.

Throughout Brexit he has put party politics, his interests as the Leader of The Opposition and his own personal ego first and foremost and before the interests and wishes of the British people.

He then tootles off to cook up some secret deal all of his own with Barnier in an effort to undermine Theresa May instead of working together with her in the interests of the UK.

All this from a man who throughout his time on the backbenches was an ardent anti-EU campaigner and supporter.

What's really annoying me is all this talk of 'its about time MP's worked together' - they should have done that two #ing years ago - it's all about Parliament....they seem intent on enforcing their authority over the electorate.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Corbyn is a muppet, and yes he has indeed rubbed shoulders with some very nefarious individuals, involved or associated with terrorism.

To my knowledge though, he has not helped create, arm, nor sponsor the dirty bastards, in the same manner, some other members of the beloved government, financial institutions, and military industrial complex have done in the past and present.

We sold at least £450m more in weapons sales to Saudi Arabia in 2017 than 2016, with the true figure likely to be higher.

So whos the real terrorist supporting swine when it comes down to it?

Coz it's certainly not just Corbyn.

edit on 21-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You know I hold the vast majority of politicians with equal contempt.

But Corbyn tries to pass himself off as a man of conscience and virtue.
He's neither and just as rotten as the rest of them.

The man shared a stage with terrorists yet won't talk to the PM during one of the worst parliamentary crisis this country has ever known.

As you know who used to say; I wouldn't trust the man to look after my pint let alone the security and well being of this country.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Oh he's not in any way PM material, but then again neither was that lunatic May.

And a point of fact his own party ken that just fine which is why they offer no serious challenge nor real contention to the Tories

Got to be by design really and its quite the achievement, considering the state of the opposition. LoL

There all a shower a fidlam ben and then some.

Thieves in the night.

edit on 21-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You've got to laugh.

Just been reading how Bercow has told MP's that they aren't traitors.

And some other MP's complaining that they'd read social media posts where people were suggesting chopping MP's heads off - all tongue in check - if that scares them they should hear what people are saying in real life in pubs/clubs/cafe's etc the length and breadth of the UK.

Parliament and its inhabitants have never been held in such contempt since, well, ever....pure scum.

And they are just realising now???

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Problem is "They" and their minions aka Westminster, the politicians, are not scared of the people.

Plain as day really, because if they were scared or even concerned in the slightest.

They certainly would not perpetuate the crap that have been doing to date.

And expect not to be getting at least something important chopped off. LoL

Beyond contempt does not even being to cover there crap.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

'And some other MP's complaining that they'd read social media posts where people were suggesting chopping MP's heads off - all tongue in check - if that scares them they should hear what people are saying in real life in pubs/clubs/cafe's etc the length and breadth of the UK.'

if politicians cannot handle the flack, they should quietly crawl away to a designated safe-space. there is no room in politics for snowflakes. they are paid a substantial salary along with an expenses allowance that would make the pope blush. if they cannot or will not represent the people by following through with the withdrawl then they have no-place in parliament.

three conversations with three different businessmen this morning re-enforced your statement above. there is anger and formulations in the air!

f.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

I'm not advocating a repeat of the attack and brutal murder of Jo Cox.

But surely these incompetent, self-serving, self-aggrandising, amoral pieces of # expect some sort of backlash from a public that feels so let down and disgusted with our politicians to a degree never before felt and so estranged, detached and disenfranchised with and from our government and parliament.

I honestly don't have the vocabulary to sum up the extent and depth and my feelings etc.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

But surely these incompetent, self-serving, self-aggrandising, amoral pieces of # expect some sort of backlash from a public that feels so let down and disgusted with our politicians to a degree never before felt and so estranged, detached and disenfranchised with and from our government and parliament.

Lol!!! I'm beginning to wonder if T.M is even on the same planet as us

ordinary folk
as listening to her yesterday berating the other MP's

for not supporting 'her deal' which would see us leaving the EU and it was

her who was going to deliver the brexit that the people wanted and

had voted for!! /smh. She is in a world of her own. '

I dont know of anyone else who would have the gall to present the same

deal a second and failed third time a deal which was turned down by an historic

majority........ a deal which if she gets her extension will again be presented

to a blackmailed parliament ...... I wonder if there is anyone who will stand up

for what they believe in?..... or will they concede ?

Doesn't say much for her to believe the people of the UK are that stupid.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I'm not advocating a repeat of the attack and brutal murder of Jo Cox.

I honestly don't have the vocabulary to sum up the extent and depth and my feelings etc.

I would rather no-one suffer any violence whatsoever. my meetings this morning astonished me and compelled me to mention it on these pages. I have to say these guys (individually) are all stand-up no bullshe-hite types who strive and provide like the best of them. they all concur parliament must change and represent joe and jane public without the present cow-towing to the corporate and elite classes thus selling us further down the river.

f.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

.... they all concur parliament must change and represent joe and jane public without the present cow-towing to the corporate and elite classes thus selling us further down the river.

Amen to that brother, not a truer word said.

I hold absolutely no hope in it happening.....

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82 >>

join