It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: UKTruth

was this a vote for another referendum?

Yes. It was a vote to ask the EU to delay the exit in order to allow us to vote again.
It was an attempt by traitors to bypass the will of the people.
They lost massively - even if every single abstention had voted for their treason, they STILL would have lost.

so then the majority seem to want to follow the vote of the people?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Yes. It was a vote to ask the EU to delay the exit in order to allow us to vote again.
They lost massively - even if every single abstention had voted for their treason, they STILL would have lost.

Actually I think the reality is much more complex, lets look at the actual maths.

So we have 650 MPs, minus the speaker, his aids, the callers and Sin Fein that number is more realistically 633.

So the magic number then becomes 316 to pass.

So assuming those who abstained would vote for a peoples vote if whipped that way (mostly labour lets face it) then the maths becomes more interesting. so 419 MPs voted that means, we actually have 214 abstentions. I have not yet seen the exact numbers so this is all subject to change. 85 plus the 214 abstentions then gives us a much more marginal defeat of 299 aye's , 334 no's.

Now thats still a defeat for the peoples vote camp but if we go further with the maths and assume that those MPs who voted against or abstained May in a tri-whiped vote for a no deal then actually, the peoples vote wins and wins comfortably.

So I wouldn't be thinking that this is the end of move for a peoples vote just yet, the maths of this are actually indicating that it could be a very real possibility depending on how long it takes for Labour to start whipping their MPs to support a second vote.

Yes I know those numbers do have a degree of margin for error but we are probably talking about 10 votes or so, when we see a full break down of the vote they just had then we can be more certain on the numbers.
edit on 14-3-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Actually I think the reality is much more complex, lets look at the actual maths.

So we have 650 MPs, minus the speaker, his aids, the callers and Sin Fein that number is more realistically 633.

So the magic number then becomes 316 to pass.

So assuming those who abstained would vote for a peoples vote if whipped that way (mostly labour lets face it) then the maths becomes more interesting. so 419 MPs voted that means, we actually have 214 abstentions. I have not yet seen the exact numbers so this is all subject to change. 85 plus the 214 abstentions then gives us a much more marginal defeat of 299 aye's , 334 no's.

Now thats still a defeat for the peoples vote camp but if we go further with the maths and assume that those MPs who voted against or abstained May in a tri-whiped vote for a no deal then actually, the peoples vote wins and wins comfortably.

So I wouldn't be thinking that this is the end of move for a peoples vote just yet, the maths of this are actually indicating that it could be a very real possibility depending on how long it takes for Labour to start whipping their MPs to support a second vote.

Like I said, traitors will never give up.
All abstentions, if they all voted for a Traitors Vote, would still not reach the total of MP's voting to push back the traitors.
The traitors of our country took a beating today.
That's not to say things won't change, but for now it's a loss for the traitors, and a big loss.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Hey am not saying that its going to happen, in fact the opposite is true in my personal opinion we will never get a second vote on Brexit.

All I am doing is demonstrating that this defeat isn't the end of the debate about a second referendum because when you look at the raw maths of parliament there is actually still a path in which a second referendum could be voted on.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

so then the majority seem to want to follow the vote of the people?

For now yes - only a small number of traitors want to disregard the People's Vote of June 2016. 85 of them. The Labour party are still working out the best political move to gain power so the number of traitors might be boosted by a group of party whipped votes, but even then the MP's who understand that they must deliver what the people wanted will still hold sway.
edit on 14/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Hey am not saying that its going to happen, in fact the opposite is true in my personal opinion we will never get a second vote on Brexit.

All I am doing is demonstrating that this defeat isn't the end of the debate about a second referendum because when you look at the raw maths of parliament there is actually still a path in which a second referendum could be voted on.

Some more detail just on BBC.
42 Labour MP's defied Corybn's order to abstain.
24 voted for a 2nd referendum, 18 voted against it.
I think you're going to have to accept that of the other abstentions, a large number would vote against a 2nd referedum.. that majority against the traitors would likely still be massive.

There's not really any debate for a 2nd referendum, just some well funded traitors trying to undo the People's Vote of 2016.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Thanks.
How any of them could vote against the peoples will is something I will never understand.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Thanks.
How any of them could vote against the peoples will is something I will never understand.

Some of those traitors are even the MP's of constituencies that voted to leave. Amazing.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Thanks.

A lot of them actually won't be, pretty sure if you looked at it many of them are voting along constitutional lines. So for example every constituency in Scotland voted against Brexit so the MPs elected to represent those seats are going to vote to try to block Brexit because that is what the people who voted for them voted for in the referendum if that makes any sense.

There will probably be a few though that are voting against their constituency, although I dont know of any examples off the top of my head.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This one is going to be very close....

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The fact that their constituency voted for brexit or not does not matter imo.
The fact that they would attempt to override the will of the people this time demonstrates they will attempt the same again.
How would those scots like to see a passed scotland independence referendum treated this way by the same elected body?
If they won't honor one vote by the people why would they honor any?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Thanks.

Polls now show a sizable majority of people wish to stay in the EU.

Besides which the referendum of 2016 never specified what Brexit meant and there at least three main versions of it proposed.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Another MASSIVE loss for the traitors!
Vote to refuse to allow backbenchers in Parliament to take control of the process and come up with Brexit alternatives.
It stays with the Govt.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The majority was 2....hardly massive.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Thanks.

Besides which the referendum of 2016 never specified what Brexit meant and there at least three main versions of it proposed.

Nonsense - no one believes the propaganda. We've had the People's Vote - we don't need polls, thanks.
The referendum was for a complete exit from the EU.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The majority was 2....hardly massive.

It's a massive defeat for Parliament agitators trying to take over the process and a massive win for the Govt.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Thanks.

Nonsense - no one believes the propaganda. We've had the People's Vote - we don't need polls, thanks.

If brexit supporters were really that confident they wouldn't be so anti a second referendum.

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

So if your not familiar with our parliamentary system this might be a bit confusing.

This is a bit of a simplification.

Lets say you sit in the constituency of say Glasgow, you vote Bob to be your MP to sit in parliament and represent the interests of your community in Glasgow. Then Brexit comes along and Glasgow vote 70% to remain in the EU, so then poor Bob has to sit in Parliament and defend the remain view of Brexit if he wishes to appease his electorate of Glasgow. If Bob was to start voting to make Brexit as easy as possible then he would actually then be acting against the wishes of his electorate.

So t call Bob a traitor for defending the position of his electorate then is wrong.

link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

really?
remain a member of the european union
leave the european union

those choices were confusing?

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join