It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

We will never rise up and fight for ourselves whilst we have Dancing on Ice to vote for and the next new iPhone coming out just around the corner.

Plus don't be expecting the millennials to champion any cause with there own blood.

They canny fight there way out a wet paper bag nevermind stand against oppressive regimes operating under the guise of maintaining our freedom and security.

The silly inept shower of bastards have problems climbing trees and/or departing there parents abode before there mid-30s nevermind the will to over through the tyrannical shower of bastards at the helm of the nation.

edit on 2-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

No Deal Brexit would be a disaster for the Eurozone, Dutch MPs warn on a visit to Westminster

**The Dutch delegation visited Westminster last week on a fact-finding mission
**They said No Deal would worsen already weak growth across the eurozone
**Said worst-hit nations would be Italy, Ireland, Denmark, Belgium and France

A No Deal Brexit would cause ‘considerable’ economic harm to the rest of Europe, Dutch MPs warned yesterday.

The delegation, which visited Westminster last week on a fact-finding mission, said No Deal would worsen already weak growth across the eurozone.

It could even trigger a banking crisis in Italy, they suggested, given the country’s vulnerability to economic shocks due to high public debt. ‘This could rebound on the eurozone,’ the Dutch said.

They predicted the worst-hit nations would be Italy, Ireland, Denmark, Belgium and France, as well as the Netherlands.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Is ^^^^this^^^^ why our MP's are wanting No Deal off the table accommodating

the EU rather than the UK.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

No Deal will be a disaster period.

And obviously, there will be knock-on effects both sides of the channel.

The UK cannot feed herself properly without Europe, and Europe is going to end up with a few more vast food mountains with out us consuming there produce.

Simple really.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
taking no-deal (wto terms) off the table will enable the eu to gain the upper hand.

we will have crapped out in a once in a lifetime poker game and the other player holds all the cards.

this will go to the eleventh hour as do all eu upper hand deals.

keep tight and batten down the hatches whatever your leanings.

best wishes,

f.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

It should not have gone 5 minutes, never mind go to the eleventh hour.

There are people lives and existence at stake, not just some paltry business dealings.

They are playing with our future and gambling away our hopes and dreams on a pipe dream that is as untenable now as it was the moment it was proposed.

"They" don't give a ratsarse as to our best wishes, that's a given.

They don't want Brexit for the sake or will of the people, they want Brexit for control over the masses and a free reign to do as they wish.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'll be at a couple of these later this month and I'm just making final arrangements to be in Parliament Square 29th March.

Anyone else?

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
I'll be at a couple of these later this month and I'm just making final arrangements to be in Parliament Square 29th March.

Anyone else?

The spirit is willing ....... but the legs are not able.

Good on you I will be with you in spirit.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

As it stands I plan to be in Sunderland for the start and doing the Middlesbrough to Swainby walk.

I was hoping to be in Doncaster on Day 6 but that all depends on several other things.

I won't be doing much walking other than that....I think I might have a pint or two though.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

It should not have gone 5 minutes, never mind go to the eleventh hour.

'too late now andy'

There are people lives and existence at stake, not just some paltry business dealings.

'the same shyte as before the referendum'

They are playing with our future and gambling away our hopes and dreams on a pipe dream that is as untenable now as it was the moment it was proposed.

'the selling of the nations jewels by a contiguous process has pained my mind as well as my heart on occasions.
the deplatforming of vulnerable people from welfare assistance. the underhand manner in which they
created distance through third-party private for-profit businesses running the assessment circus on their behalf.

they must be aware by now that this parliamentary system must either evolve to a higher standard or else go the way of the dinosaurs. the blueprints to an enhanced system of government where the corporate cannot tip the balance against us lowly piss ants (no offence to piss ants btw!) could very well be envisioned by how social media platforms evolved.
sadly I feel we all are constantly being targeted more so now with the censoring of content that was at one time legitimate information or for the user to determine what they chose to scope out and input.'

"They" don't give a ratsarse as to our best wishes, that's a given.

'lol, tell me something new andy. i have a mutual feeling for them also.'

They don't want Brexit for the sake or will of the people, they want Brexit for control over the masses and a free reign to do as they wish.

'that i salute you. we may be on opposite sides of an overgrown garden lol but I know your heart is in the right place.'

f.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Aye, it will all end in tears.

Our tears all the same, not "There's".

I think at the end of the day all anybody really wants is all this manufactured austerity to go away and a chance at a better future for our current and future generations to come.

Now if that's what Brexit and the poltisians on both sides are trying to secure and achieve, then "They" have a funny way of showing it. LoL

End of the day they will line there own, and others just like thems pockets, at the expense of everyone else, no matter what shape Brexit finally takes.

It's tragic really.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   
So if we did have another referendum and the answers where to either Remain in the EU or Leave with Theresa's deal, which would you vote for? Or would you not bother voting? I think I will just spoil my ballot paper and call them all #s.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
So if we did have another referendum and the answers where to either Remain in the EU or Leave with Theresa's deal, which would you vote for?

No, it's clear that when the Remainers manufacture the situation where there is no solution, then the Referendum they will force will be "... and to stay in the EU". All the continual negativity and doom is part of this process. There is clearly a belief that another referendum will return a new result, regardless how divisive and destructive that will be.

Perversely, in the last few months we have seen politicians doing what they are paid to do - debate and discuss, which is good. They never debate when a new directive or EU requirement is pushed into UK law without a word - even the ones that are detrimental to our jobs, society and (yes) democracy. They just accept it all like the lackey's they have become.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   

So if we did have another referendum and the answers where to either Remain in the EU or Leave with Theresa's deal, which would you vote for? Or would you not bother voting? I think I will just spoil my ballot paper and call them all #s.

Therein lies my problem /smh ......Its not a case of either or.....

they are both the same however we vote.

In the same way thinking ahead (not too far away) to the next general

election I am not happy with the choices!!! indeed again what choice!!!

Six of one Half a dozen of the other

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I know and agree with you. That's why I asked what you would do IF that scenario happened.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Perversely, in the last few months we have seen politicians doing what they are paid to do - debate and discuss, which is good. They never debate when a new directive or EU requirement is pushed into UK law without a word - even the ones that are detrimental to our jobs, society and (yes) democracy. They just accept it all like the lackey's they have become.

Thats what I've been saying all along..... The MP's of all flavors are remainers

They dont 'work' on behalf of the electorate, they are more than happy to take

orders and actually do little for a large salary .

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I know and agree with you. That's why I asked what you would do IF that scenario happened.

Perhaps we could ALL meet up at an agreed central point in every

constituency at an agreed time and make a bonfire of our ballot papers.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
They dont 'work' on behalf of the electorate, they are more than happy to take orders and actually do little for a large salary .

I don't agree with you. Whereas I did not vote for the party my MP is affiliated with, I know he works very hard for his constituents and is a nice guy.

The problem with politics is this...

An MPs duty is to country first, followed by constituency and then party. Brexit has shown that may MPs are putting aside country and constituency and sticking to the party line. All SNP politicians hold a unanimous robotic block vote to remain and alongside the Labour side, so they are putting party first and country second. I can understand the SNP being intransigent, but Corbyn is preventing a free vote in Labour and this is preventing any sensible progress.

Brexit is country first, constituency second and party third. As the majority of the electorate voted "leave" all MPs should be moving towards that regardless of their personal views. What we have is party politics being messed with the inability of some MPs to accept the electorate's instruction.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   
You still haven't really answered my question.
Have you thought about being a politician?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   

You still haven't really answered my question.

If I understand you .correctly..... I can't as a leaver they have taken away my

only option. I'm with 'Feeeborn' I'd do a hard Brexit.

TM has played a very sly game over two years changing from *no deal is better

than a bad deal'
to 'a bad deal is better than no deal' and gradually

taking everything off the table except 'her deal' or 'remain'

So she has in fact minipulated everyone!!!!

Have you thought about being a politician?

You must have known that was coming?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Pretty much sums up how the government see the majority of the population where Brexit is concerned.

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join