It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Some absolute prime Remainer porkies in here:

That Davied Cameron Speech in full

Eg:

The serried rows of white headstones in lovingly-tended Commonwealth war cemeteries stand as silent testament to the price that this country has paid to help restore peace and order in Europe. Can we be so sure that peace and stability on our continent are assured beyond any shadow of doubt? Is that a risk worth taking? I would never be so rash as to make that assumption. It’s barely been 20 years since war in the Balkans and genocide on our continent in Srebrenica. In the last few years, we have seen tanks rolling into Georgia and Ukraine. And of this I am completely sure. The European Union has helped reconcile countries which were once at each others’ throats for decades. Britain has a fundamental national interest in maintaining common purpose in Europe to avoid future conflict between European countries. And that requires British leadership, and for Britain to remain a member. The truth is this: what happens in our neighbourhood matters to Britain. That was true in 1914, in 1940 and in 1989. Or, you could add 1588, 1704 and 1815. And it is just as true in 2016. Either we influence Europe, or it influences us. And if things go wrong in Europe, let’s not pretend we can be immune from the consequences.

Blue chip tosh!
edit on 14-2-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The European Union has helped reconcile countries which were once at each others’ throats for decades.

That would actually be NATO?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

originally posted by: teapot

originally posted by: sapien82
How much can we charge for scotch eggs being exported ?
do we only make them in scotland ?

Can we use the champagne /vodka ruling and ensure that they are genuine and charge an arm and a leg ? lol

Depends. Real scotch eggs, yes. Not so for the crap we can buy in supermarkets.

Real/original scotch eggs are not cooked by any conventional method. The egg is dropped into scotch and left to 'cook' for a couple of hours. Not sure where or when the sausage wrapping was introduced.

Liar. Everyone knows Scotch Eggs are laid by wild Haggis.

Now that sordid little secret's out, poor wild haggis. As if they don't have enough existentialist angst to deal with, their proclivities also exposed for all ATS to see.

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: teapot

What a waste of Scotch!!!!!

What! Soused egg, washed down with souse, breakfast of champions!

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

I knew someone who poured vodka on his breakfast cornflakes.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

can you not disclose my personal alcoholism with the rest of the team !

I telt ye that in confidence mate

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

He wasnae Scots so your secret is safe with me. Well, it was......

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Need to be fairly well off to be a proper Alcoholic in Scotland these days.

I blame Nicola, obviously, some ex-partner liked the wife beater a bit too much and smacked her around somewhat, hence that ugly puss, and exuberant taxation where the devils nectar is concerned.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That Krankie woman would drive anyone to drink!

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

hhaah no if its cheap knock off aftershave yer drinkin!

4 for a tenner doon the barras! hahaha

how about this for licensing laws

Matt McGinn

"Would you gie a great big kick on the haw-maws
Tae the Scottish licensing law-aws?"

from the song Glaswegian Would aka norwegian wood

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Aye, the meth and milk sure will be the preferred sauce in the Wineally again soon enough. LoL

Then again when a bag of smack is the same price or less than a cheap bottle of wine or cider whats a gaggie to do?

I predict more junkies put it that way.

And ile take an alky over there ilk every day of the week.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Gez swingers a bad rep also. LoL

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
Liar. Everyone knows Scotch Eggs are laid by wild Haggis.

Anyone with an ounce of sense knows that Scotch eggs have sod all to do with Scotland. Most people agree they came out of Yorkshire and were first sold by a butcher, a Mr Scott.

Anyway, where wans I?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Satire:

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

To be honest through Boris could not lace Benny's boots.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
A "no deal" Brexit is not going to be a walk in the park, despite what some among the Brexiteers have been saying.

www.theguardian.com...

But reports that Hunt and Fox’s letter had irritated Japan are adding to scepticism over assurances made by Brexiters that Britain would ease its way into lucrative free trade deals once it leaves the EU.

To add to Britain’s frustration, Japan has reportedly ruled out simply replicating the terms of a Japan-EU trade agreement that went into effect at the start of this month but which will be unavailable to the UK after Brexit. Instead, it will seek tougher concessions from Britain than it secured from the EU.

This is a map showing the Russian exclave, Kaliningrad. Part of the UK is also shown, but not the British exclave, Northern Ireland.

blog.nationalgeographic.org...

Here is one border crossing between Poland and the Russian exclave, officially, Kalininskaya Oblast. This is on a remote spit of land and is unlikely to be a crossing for anyone but picnickers.

www.dreamstime.com... h-point-image33925735

Here is a "regular" crossing.

thehigherlearning.com...

Here is a crossing on the Lithuanian side of Kaliningrad.

www.alamy.com...

I think that people, and there are some among the DUP voters, who believe that a "no deal" Brexit will not result in these sorts of installations in Ireland, are naive.

Barnier, or one of the EU negotiators, said that Ireland's border is Europe's border. The Irish situation, in the case of a "no deal" Brexit, is not going to be an "in house" issue between two closely linked islands any more.

edit on 19-2-2019 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Irelands issue.
Theyt voted against the EU too, but were forced to vote until the EU got the result it wanted.
Once Britain starts moving ahead of the EUeconomically, Ireland will make the right choice and leave too.

"Ireland's border is Europe's border"

That says it all. Ireland conquered by the EU. Your land is our land.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Is your argument that the European Union will be so anti-Immigration they will have to build a wall to keep out the UK Citizens from Ireland?

This is really the 'huge" issue of the day?

Ireland Population 4.8 million.
Northern Ireland population 1.8 million.

Give me a break. If the European Union wants to make such a huge deal about that border, then they are just showing the reasons why the UK made the right decision in leaving such a ridiculous organization.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

The movement of people is not the issue. It's about controlling all aspects of commerce between the UK and the EU.

Preserving the pacifying aspects of the Good Friday Agreement are important to the Irish, north and south, and to the Europeans (and the British), but the most important thing for Europe is control of commerce.
edit on 19-2-2019 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join