It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
a reply to: eletheia
If the UK leaves the EU it is going to be fascinating to watch, deal or no deal. The UK will be, to some extent, reinventing itself if it leaves the EU. There will be a cascade of effects from leaving the EU. I'm sure that the UK can right itself after such a shock to the system, but things are going to be different.

At least any any mistakes/problems they make will be self inflicted and not

foisted on them by a dictatorship.

The relationship between the EU and UK will continue to evolve after they separate. It is possible that what is unacceptable now will be acceptable in a few years. It appears that no matter what happens the relationship between the two political entities is going to be fraught for some time to come.

Problem was the UK never entered a 'political relationship' they joined a 'common

market' which evolved with stealth into a 'political prison' which locked the door

and threw away the key.

edit on 10-2-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Political Prison huh? That's a new one, care to explain what you mean?

It's interesting the language you lot use to make everything sound way more dramatic than it is. If you could only put as much effort into spacinf your posts properly, instead of paragraph breaks in the middle of sentences....

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Definitely worth a read, although our GDP is up, it's lower than predicted, so kind of a falso positive...

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
If the UK leaves the EU it is going to be fascinating to watch, deal or no deal. The UK will be, to some extent, reinventing itself if it leaves the EU.

I am confident the struggle to overcome our 45 year long momentary lapse of reason will be short lived.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: teapot

I am confident no matter how Brexit transpires they wrong sort of people will profit immensely whilst the rest of us pay the piper and bear any unfavorable consequence.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I think your prophecy is the more accurate of those two...

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

edit on 10-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

That's brilliant. By the way am I the only one who thinks Jeremy Hunt is on the marching powder whenever he gives a speach? His eyes are always bulging out of his head. Not so much when he gives interviews though...

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

It's generally on the cards when i have to give a speech.

Can't see why Corbyn would not be on the prop.

There are after all several perks to the Job. LoL

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

aye the standard MP expense claims sheet is like this for the year
£30,000 rent boys
£30,000 prop
£50,000 caviar
£40,000 Champagne
£90,000 the priory private addiction clinic

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Actually, MPs expenses are all fully disclosed, as are their other financial interests.

> Expenses
> Financial interests

MEPs however still operate in an environment of total hidden and closed and as we know, where things are not transparent there is likely to be abuse and corruption.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I am confident no matter how Brexit transpires they wrong sort of people will profit immensely whilst the rest of us pay the piper and bear any unfavorable consequence.

Indeed, regardless of whether the UK is EU controlled or not, the 'wrong sort of people' always seek immense profit predicated upon those who do/are not.
edit on 11/2/2019 by teapot because: edit

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

So why return to a system of governance, where we pretty much know, the bastards that will be in control, will still be dipping our pockets, and stealing the milk out our Tea?

Fact is, from my perspective anyway, all we are doing is swapping out one shower of tyrannical bastards 620 miles distant, for another just 412 miles away, keeping in mind we already know what they get up to.

I mean they practiced eugenics right up until the end of the 1960s in our nation, and now with our basic Human rights coming into contention after Brexit, and all this forced spoon feed austerity doing the rounds, one has to wonder what "They" really have in store for the people of this nation?

edit on 11-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It's simple really and I have said it many times.
At least we can vote out those "bastards that will be in control", unlike the EU commission.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I think we're supposed to prefer to be ruled over by Westminster, its patriotic or something....

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

And that vote counts for very little if anything at all.

Westminster rule has proven, if nothing else, that our notion of what constitutes the democratic process of politics in this nation is nothing more than a jail cell where we cannot see the bars.

The problem is that one of the bastard political parties always wins, and they are all simply spouting the same rhetoric only with slightly different wrapping paper.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

aye a ken its disclosed, but thats the stuff they should be disclosing !

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Aye out the frying pan into the fire !

Out one union , stuck in the other !

Ditch them all I say!

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Need a viable, workable system of governance that accommodates and addresses the views and problems we all face.

To date, prison without bars democracy maybe, but what would be the alternative?

Honest politicians and Police are a requirement for democracy to function effectively and do what it says on the tin.

That's an impossibility simply down to the fact that those jobs attract the completely wrong sort of corrupt bastard.

He's a thought, why don't we simply have a lottery to determine our politicians and Police?

As we simply could not do any worse than the shower of bastards that retain control the now.
edit on 11-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I think many of us from all sides can agree that the Brexit fiasco has revealed just how unfit for purpose the current system is and that we need urgent and radical reform.

None of the leading lights have covered themselves in glory and almost all have shown they are nothing more than careerist politicians more interested in furthering their own careers and agenda's rather than putting either the will or best interests of the British people first.

Slightly off topic but equally revealing of the outdated practices still used was the fact that one MP could derail FGM legislation simply by shouting 'object' truly beggars belief.

Enough is enough, its time this rotten cabal and all they represent were consigned to the history books.

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join