It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

absolutely mental!

hahaha will Theresa May just step down or see this through to the end of her political career?

all people complain about is changing things, yet when it comes rolling around the mountain they #e themselves !

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I for one am as close to being in proper poverty that any hit to my income will put me on universal credit, when No Deal Brexit happens, I foresee a lot of form filling and skintneas following thereafter.

I do not look forward to the British Elite ruling us completely, I don't understand why anyone would want to give them more power. Sure there's corruption on the EU, as there is in all politics but I'd argue the corruption within the UK Political system is far worse and they will sieze this opportunity to gain more powerr, they're already planning on stripping powers from N.Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

I hope the PM loses the No Confidence vote today, she needs to, she's blundered her way through the past 2 years and what does she have now to show for it? Nada, Zilch, Zero, Null, Nothing and an extra peppering of Sod All. I have no confidence in the Tory Party to lead us anywhere other than in to deeper social and economic division between classes and turning Britain back into their own personal cash cow while the little man is left to suffer.

As for Project Fear, it is well documented that the Tory Party instigated Project Fear during the Scottish Referendum and have carried on doing so to this day, the Tories on the Leave side have been spreading fear of the big bad EU for a long time now. The remain side has been guilty of spreading fear too but it needs a new name, Project Fear it is not.

Despite being a Remainer I agree with everything from this point on, however, what pisses me off the most is that all of this was our last PM's attempt to quell an internal struggle within the Tory Party. Which would be reason enough for me to have voted Remain, even without the other reasons.

originally posted by: Freeborn

What's pissed me off most is the sheer incompetence of our elected officials and their arrogance and conceit in their determination to assert their authority over the will of the people.
Regardless of how close it was there was still a clear majority for coming out of the EU - Parliament should unequivocally back that and ensure it is acted upon.
They have spectacularly failed to do so.
And they now insist that they have the final say and not the people despite their blatant dishonesty and incompetence.

If we do wind up remaining in the EU, I will stand conflicted. I'll be happy that we're still in tbe EU but I'll be very angry at the lack of democracy (to the point I'll join Cornish and others on here marching on Parliament, if I can afford the fare).

If we do leave, I doubt you'll hear much from me as I likely won't have the money to pay Internet or phone bills...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

.....do you have any evidence that the UK is evolving at present ?

I think it'd be more accurate to say that the UK is de-evolving into something reminiscent of Victorian society along with all the injustices and inequalities that went with it.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Bloodworth

really , rapidly evolving under 10 years of austerity , where did you find that out ? or better yet do you have any evidence that the UK is evolving at present ?

Their progression compared to the rest of the world is remarkable. While many places have not changed in hundreds of years. The UK was advancing in technology, medicine and science fairly rapidly.
The last 10 years has been abysmal.

Instead of advancing they seem to have turned their energy into the importation of people from places that have not changed in 100 years.

Now we can see why there are times of great invention in history and times of despair.

Are you going to be a tough country, only want the best and brightest, strive for cleanliness and progression.

Or are you going to be compassionate to a detriment and help everyone or move forward.

If places like the u.s. and the u.k. were never tough at one point. They would never look the way they do today.

Run away

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
While I don't personally feel leaving the EU would be in Britain's best interest I don't believe a second referendum should be held. The people voted, their votes should be honored. I've heard some claim that Parliament is sovereign, the referendum wasn't necessarily binding, doesn't matter to me. What message will you be sending if you just decide to ignore the last vote and do it over again? That's not good for democracy at all.

If there's no-deal then let it be. That's the path voters chose in 2016. I honestly wish the best for our cousins... and for the EU.... to new horizons I guess.

I never really understand this argument. Given that 2.5 years have passed and that we now know what the options on leaving are what would be any way undemocratic about another referendum?

Polls now suggest that the clear majority of people oppose leaving, the idea that we should go ahead with the economic masochism of Brexit based just on a narrow majority from over 2 years ago is absurd.

Why does 2.5 years passing negate the People's Vote? Everyone knew at the time it wasn't a vote to immediately leave.
If you would like to poll shop, here's one that says the public still back leaving.
www.telegraph.co.uk...
Maybe Brexit hating BBC and Sky News could decide everything for us from their polls going forward. That would be so much easier for Brussels.

By the way the YouGov poll which is the one being pushed around so much actually asks people about leaving based on May's deal vs staying. This is how the propagandists owned by globalists are actually trying to fool people.
In the same poll, it's very clear on which party people would vote for in a General Election that the option for Conservative if they promise to Leave is the most popular.

I've heard some awful arguments for a 2nd referendum, but yours is by far the worst... absurd even.

We've had the People's vote.

Got a link that isn't behind a Paywall?

My argument is that the clearest indications we have are that the majority of people now oppose leaving. The only way to know for sure is another referendum. Leaving without popular support is what would be undemocratic.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maya00a
Pete Credlin Brexit

Interesting points in this video

What are those points? Not everyone can or wants to watch a video, ATS standard is that you recap videos for this very reason...
edit on 16/1/19 by djz3ro because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
The EU will only hold the English back who are a very rapidly evolving country.

Computer models show the European community will be in dire needs In 15 years.

Run.....and then cleanse your country and continue to move forward

What about N.Ireland? Scotland? Wales? When people from outside the UK chime in on this (and your opinions are very welcome) it's always England, England, England!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

What about N.Ireland? Scotland? Wales? When people from outside the UK chime in on this (and your opinions are very welcome) it's always England, England, England!

Can you explain that more?

Another problem today is people accepting things they do not want.

In the u.s., even through a secure election process, many will not accept trump as the winner.

when one side loses, they do not bow their heads and walk away. People needs to respect the winner and respect decisions passed.

You can only judge and learn from that decision in the future.

When trump is done his 4 years you can look back, examine his results, and vote accordingly.

Those from day 1, who have fought the president, provided nothing but negativity, have been nothing but a burden.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

No that is not the clearest information we have.

As I pointed about above, polls seem to be asking about 'Stay' or 'leave with May's deal'. Bogus. I'd answer 'stay' to that question too, because the deal gives MORE power to the EU.

Your phony polls don't override the People's Vote, which we've had, or the law which says we leave at the end of March.
Whether you like it or not, the People voted to leave the EU. All that is left is to leave.

edit on 16/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Aye England this , England that ! what about the rest of the Union , I have been watching parliament live nearly every day since brexit began , and the talk is a majority of what will happen to England , everyone else is just a sideline in the discussion!

a blind person could see that !

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

As I pointed about above, polls seem to be asking about 'Stay' or 'leave with May's deal'. Bogus. I'd answer 'stay' to that question too, because the deal gives MORE power to the EU.

Your phony polls don't override the People's Vote, which we've had, or the law which says we leave at the end of March.
Whether you like it or not, the People voted to leave the EU. All that is left is to leave.

The question

If there was another referendum on Britain’s membership of the EU, how would you vote?

Shows a clear lead for remain.

whatukthinks.org...

Have you a link showing different? I agree polls are insufficient, which is why we need another referendum.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

The question

If there was another referendum on Britain’s membership of the EU, how would you vote?

Shows a clear lead for remain.

whatukthinks.org...

Have you a link showing different? I agree polls are insufficient, which is why we need another referendum.

But opinions constantly change. Maybe in six months time, polls will show that the majority of British people want to leave the EU, just as the referendum indicated two years ago. Will you be happy if yet another referendum is arranged to overthrow the one you now want merely because the last one did not get the result you wanted?
My point is: in the UK government policies are not determined by referenda. They are determined by elections. Even six months after an election, a government could become so unpopular that another election would lead to a different result. But no one advocates constantly having elections merely because public opinion has become fickle. So asking for another referendum is merely a case of being a poor loser.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi

But opinions constantly change. Maybe in six months time, polls will show that the majority of British people want to leave the EU, just as the referendum indicated two years ago. Will you be happy if yet another referendum is arranged to overthrow the one you now want merely because the last one did not get the result you wanted?
My point is: in the UK government policies are not determined by referenda. They are determined by elections. Even six months after an election, a government could become so unpopular that another election would lead to a different result. But no one advocates constantly having elections merely because public opinion has become fickle. So asking for another referendum is merely a case of being a poor loser.

And yet the one thing most people agree on is that despite the Brexit farce, no one wants Corbyn.............

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

We already had one. You lost. Remember?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

It shouldn't need explained more. Brexit isn't about England, it's the whole of the UK. I assume you're from outside the UK because its very rare to hear an Englishman to refer to just England when talking about Brexit.

Scotland were actually promised, by the original Project Fear that the ONLY way to remain in the EU was to vote No and millions fell for that empty promise....

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

I think that it is a truly sad state of affairs that with the Conservatives in such a state that we have no effective Opposition. Steptoe could not run a whelk stall.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
oh its awww kickin aff in parliament right now !

PMQ's theresa may taking a bollocking

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Steptoe did not even major on Brexit with his questions to the PM. Going on about policing levels and education.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I actually think most Labour politicians are behaving abhorently. It was to be expected from Tory politicians simply because this has been the most contentious issue for Tories for 40 plus years - for every 5 Tory politicians, there are 15 conflicting opinions on Europe!

I do not really know where we go from here. Have to say too that i am fast losing interest. It's the most important thing for our nation going forward and yet i am now at the stage where i really couldn't care less most of the time. The only thing that gets me going with it now is when i see politicians either lying about it or using it to gain political capitol or leverage.

Maybe we should start a petition to hang the lot of them. If it gets over 100'000 votes, they have to debate it in Parliament don't they?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

I'll sign it. String 'em up, guv. It's the only language they understand.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join