It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

aye but not everything that brexit brings?, I think there are a specific set of things that appeal to you and others about brexit
but the whole thing isnt exactly what everyone wants though!

I wouldn't know - Brexit hasn't been enacted yet so I wouldn't know if its everything I envisaged it to be.

.... the government and rich pals in corp get to keep their money in offshore accounts, the poor get poorer.....

The same as it always is.
I, perhaps naively, thought Brexit would be an opportunity for reform.....unfortunately far to many people wanted to concentrate on the doom and gloom and couldn't see that it was a chance to start ridding ourselves of the vermin that allegedly represent us and the thoroughly unfit for purpose system they represent.

Staying in the EU is accepting the status quo.

....we build immigration controls ,....

Of course I want immigration controls....the open door policy has failed us and everyone else in the EU.
Which is why almost every single country is looking at reviewing their policies....if the EU allows them to do so that is.

That doesn't mean I and other Brexit supporters don't want any immigration or are in any way 'racist' as many Remainers like to portray us.

not all of Brexit appeals to everyone !
it's like buying a product and the product description online details an entirely different product from the one we are being sold

How would we know?
We haven't opened the packaging yet!

edit on 16/1/19 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
While I don't personally feel leaving the EU would be in Britain's best interest I don't believe a second referendum should be held. The people voted, their votes should be honored. I've heard some claim that Parliament is sovereign, the referendum wasn't necessarily binding, doesn't matter to me. What message will you be sending if you just decide to ignore the last vote and do it over again? That's not good for democracy at all.

If there's no-deal then let it be. That's the path voters chose in 2016. I honestly wish the best for our cousins... and for the EU.... to new horizons I guess.

I never really understand this argument. Given that 2.5 years have passed and that we now know what the options on leaving are what would be any way undemocratic about another referendum?

Polls now suggest that the clear majority of people oppose leaving, the idea that we should go ahead with the economic masochism of Brexit based just on a narrow majority from over 2 years ago is absurd.

Why does 2.5 years passing negate the People's Vote? Everyone knew at the time it wasn't a vote to immediately leave.
If you would like to poll shop, here's one that says the public still back leaving.
www.telegraph.co.uk...
Maybe Brexit hating BBC and Sky News could decide everything for us from their polls going forward. That would be so much easier for Brussels.

By the way the YouGov poll which is the one being pushed around so much actually asks people about leaving based on May's deal vs staying. This is how the propagandists owned by globalists are actually trying to fool people.
In the same poll, it's very clear on which party people would vote for in a General Election that the option for Conservative if they promise to Leave is the most popular.

I've heard some awful arguments for a 2nd referendum, but yours is by far the worst... absurd even.

We've had the People's vote.
edit on 16/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

heres a Brexit gift everyone , you cant see whats in the box until later though , because its a surprise
we dont know what it is either but "trust us" its all for your benefit !

aye so how can we be sold on brexit if no one knows what the # it entails ! no one in government and no one in public really knows , yet we are all so sure of the fact that brexit is happening regardless

absolute bollocks of a democracy hahahaha

at least I know i'll still continue to pay taxes and eventually die !

So i have that to keep me warm haha

Aye I also thought that brexit may bring reform , but its all just bollocks
id rather just burn it all to the ground and start from scratch

edit on 16-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I agree that its been a complete farce, from start to....well it hasn't finished yet but you get my drift.

I don't know a single politician or any institution that has had their reputation enhanced during this fiasco.

We need a full system re-boot.

At least there's always beer!

ETA

Amen to that brother.

edit on 16/1/19 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

^this.
No Deal and Leave actually burns it all down, but doesn't do too much damage to non politicians.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Tweet from Donald Tusk

If a deal is impossible, and no one wants no deal, then who will finally have the courage to say what the only positive solution is?
twitter.com...

We all know what the only positive solution is in the eyes of the EU.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   
It's getting more and more obvious this is all just a sharade. The deal gets no majority, they create fear about the no-deal scenario to make it seem like remain is the only option. And the dumb masses will sigh in relief and say thank you for being played.
Why not, right? The banksters are happy, the politicians get what they wanted since it all started and the dumb masses believe they got rescued from their own stupidity.
If you remain in the EU after this you'll have lost all credibility. And finally will be grateful to do as your told, which will make the EU incredible happy.
Everybody wins.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

No because we still have the #e government we had before who cant seem to get a house that works together
and make a union that works !

we still have a house of un-elected lords and religious heads, we still have a constitutional monarchy

so even brexit wont change the things we want in a "democracy"

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Pete Credlin Brexit

Interesting points in this video

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
default no-deal article 50 legislation was voted for by the majority of parliamentarians if a satisfactory deal couldn't be reached.
pro-eu politicians will attempt to pressure mrs may into killing the no-deal and thus hobbling the legislated process. a piss poor attempt to remain.
f

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Westminster should be raised to the ground along with all who infest the place.

I dare say we all have ideas about better electoral and government systems than the one we have at present.....but I'm pleased to say that many seem to be coming to the same conclusion as I did a few years ago that the party political system we have at present is no longer fit for purpose.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maya00a
Pete Credlin Brexit

Interesting points in this video

Yes, this reporter gets it. She's spot on.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   

How likely is a vote of no confidence in government and a general election , or better yet a referendum on government all together a vote of no confidence from the public and force a political reform?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
A word on the propaganda in the media about polls and public opinion.

Here's an example from the Guardian - that bastion of fair and blanced reporting

The polls are clear: support for staying in the EU has rocketed

The latest YouGov survey shows that, across the board, faith in Brexit is falling by the day. A people’s vote is now imperative

Apparently it's 59-41% in favour of staying in the EU.

Hmmm, but wait.

The details of the poll they are quoting?

The 59%-41% is actually a choice between staying in the EU and May's deal
Classic propaganda in the headline and the call for the 'People's Vote', which has in fact already happened in June 2016.

Here's the poll question and result.

Worse still, the 'don't knows' and 'wouldn't vote' are excluded to provide a new figure

This is where the Guardian gets their headline...
Be careful of media headlines and especially those that push them as reality. Some of those that push the lies in forums are just headline readers, but others are complicit in the lies to the British people.

edit on 16/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The EU will only hold the English back who are a very rapidly evolving country.

Computer models show the European community will be in dire needs In 15 years.

Run.....and then cleanse your country and continue to move forward

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I do wish more of the general public would see the video. If nothing else, it would give them food for thought. Unfortunately, there’s far too much spinning headlines and numbers so a lot of people are just tuning out and shrugging their shoulders.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

The EU won't offer a good deal since they are using Brexit as a way to blackmail other countries who might think of daring to defy the unelected oligarchical EU leadership

So the other 27 countries who signed off on the deal offered to the UK are blackmailing themselves.

edit on 16-1-2019 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

really , rapidly evolving under 10 years of austerity , where did you find that out ? or better yet do you have any evidence that the UK is evolving at present ?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   

How likely is a vote of no confidence in government and a general election ,.....

No chance the vote of no confidence will go against May.
No-one wants the PM job with Brexit being in the state it is.

A shocking indictment of this country and its government processes.....May suffers the biggest defeat of any standing government yet is going to retain her job simply because no-one else wants it.

And to be honest, I think the last thing this country needs at present is the uncertainty of a general election amidst the Brexit farce.

..... or better yet a referendum on government all together a vote of no confidence from the public and force a political reform?

Project Fear has got so many petrified of Brexit....imagine the weight of the propaganda machine if the existence of the current system and the political elites was seriously threatened.
People are scared of change.....

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Bloodworth

really , rapidly evolving under 10 years of austerity , where did you find that out ? or better yet do you have any evidence that the UK is evolving at present ?

The Brexit vote is a pretty clear indication that Britain is evolving.
Initial discussions with other countries on trade have already started.
I'd say the evolution from an EU state to a free and independent country is well under way.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join