It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: fakedirt
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

interjection

' It was more like a give it or take it ultimatum.'

you mean take it or leave it?

'So now, it's basically a choice of being screwed over by the EU... Or screwing yourselves over, on your own terms.'

no, World Trade Organisation terms (default kick-in after 29th, article 50 cessation) seems an appropriate platform to pick oneself up from, dust off and carry on. a perfect platform to build future mutual reciprocations Globally and unshackled.

f

Below is a list of countries that just trade under WTO rules.

Oh how clever.

China is the largest trader in the world and will likely soon be the world's largest economy. They trade through WTO exclusively, barring a handful of free trade deals she has made with other countries.

www.export.gov...

Okay and which trade union exactly is China a part of again?

Moving goal posts? China does not just trade under WTO rules.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Yes but the point is that it's not using WTO trade rules.

ooo there is also the China-Australia free trade agreement.
edit on 15-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

The EU won't offer a good deal since they are using Brexit as a way to blackmail other countries who might think of daring to defy the unelected oligarchical EU leadership.

Blackmail?
Do you really think that small countries such as Slovenia, Hungary, Denmark, Croatia, Czech Republic etc can financially compete on their own against USA, Russia, China and India?! Please tell me how its possible?!

So you think smaller countries should be totally subject to foreign overlords?

I hate to tell you but the Roman Empire died 476 AD.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Aye, we have sooked up our soapbox, got the Kilt out of Mothballs, and polished our Sporran just for this event. LoL

Did you remember to catch a baby haggis for our annual feast; the burning of the Daily Mail reading, UKIP Voting, white Englishman?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Okay well my bad I misunderstood the point of your argument.

Mauritania of course should not be an example to follow for post-Brexit British trade relations.

Or anything for that matter.

edit on -060004pm1kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Mauritania of course should not be an example for post-Brexit British trade relations.

And they seem to be the only state that only uses WTO rules and after March 29 the UK will be joining them, perhaps we could foster our own trade agreement with them for a start.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Aye, we have sooked up our soapbox, got the Kilt out of Mothballs, and polished our Sporran just for this event. LoL

Did you remember to catch a baby haggis for the annual feast of burning the Daily Mail reading, UKIP Voting, white Englishman?

My haggis is marinating in buckfast and Irnbru as we speak.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Mauritania of course should not be an example for post-Brexit British trade relations.

And they seem to be the only state that only uses WTO rules and after March 29 the UK will be joining them, perhaps we could foster our own trade agreement with them for a start.

Somehow I think the British Economy is more inviting for the formation of trade relations than a North African Slaver State under International Sanction for repeated human rights violations.

Britain will not crash and burn come March 29th.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Only really Scottish people whining about Brexit on ATS though.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I think Theresa May will challenge the opposition to a dance off then once she beats the house she will then face off against Juncker in a winner take all trade deal throwdown
3 rounds , 3 different beats , no biting !

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Did you remember to catch a baby haggis for the annual feast of burning the Daily Mail reading, UKIP Voting, white Englishman?

My haggis is marinating in buckfast and Irnbru as we speak.

ohhhh yummy!!!

I went out and caught a us a nice Geordie for this years feast, his name is Derick, he's a IT consultant who likes to talk about how all those Poles have still his fruit picking summer jobs. Its going to be a good one!

Remember though we agreed after last years disaster that we are not inviting the delegation from Dundee again.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

A couple of deep fried mars bars should do it, haggis are hard to catch at this time of year, they burrow down in those wee Glens and knobody kens where they are till at least Julember.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Only really dafties whining about others whining about brexit on ATS to encourage further whining lol!

it's a viscuous whinge fest circle jerk of whinyness

so pretty much like parliament!

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Somehow I think the British Economy is more inviting for the formation of trade relations than a North African Slaver State under International Sanction for repeated human rights violations.

I know that a lot of big firms in London have been buying up office space in Europe because under a no deal they would need to move very fast. Its all to do with the pass-porting laws that finance groups use, under a no deal we would lose those pass-porting rights and they would need to move very quick. You would see a massive shift of wealth from the City of London being spread out through Europe.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Only really Scottish people whining about Brexit on ATS though.

I won't make a joke about that being because we're the only ones with the sense to see the impending disaster that has to be avoided.

ohhh...wait.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
The Scottish members are active tonight in their pro EU propaganda lol

Whit ye oan aboot , we may aww be jock tamson's bairns but we dont all share the same views!

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I know mate i say execute every god darned last one of us mother suckers. LoL

I mean after all our ""whining"" is the real contention. LoL
edit on 15-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Its at this point that my eyes start glazing over and my interest level diminishes to zero in a matter of seconds.

Same old arguments we've listened to and read from all sides and very, very little new or constructive.

I'm going to join the dirty unwashed, watch #e TV and research into The Mandela Effect with the hope that I'll be able to find a timeline without Brexit.

All with the assistance of beer....and things.

Love it!
Rainbows
Jane

link   
a reply to: sapien82

Dude if your pro-brexit your not coming to our feast.

You have been warned.

Wee Mental Davy just won't let you in.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I know that a lot of big firms in London have been buying up office space in Europe because under a no deal they would need to move very fast. Its all to do with the pass-porting laws that finance groups use, under a no deal we would lose those pass-porting rights and they would need to move very quick. You would see a massive shift of wealth from the City of London being spread out through Europe.

Well that is certainly and one of the reasons I think the country was wrong to adopt neoliberal economics and build an economy solely around financial services that funnel money from the country into the executives of international corporations.

I do not think an exploitative and corrupt business class is reason we should shackle ourselves to an increasingly authoritarian political union.

London however is not the entire country and I would appreciate the government a lot more if they would figure that out but that's a long shot at best.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join