It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The EU won't offer a good deal since they are using Brexit as a way to blackmail other countries who might think of daring to defy the unelected oligarchical EU leadership.

Personally I think it will backfire horribly in the end with the growing anti-EU sentiment across all of Europe, but their agenda is pretty clear.

Empires never want their subjects to become free.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The funny thing is it was skynews that gave me the 8 percent and it was a Tory remainer at the same time.

Meh fair enough a poll the other day actually said 60%, interesting though that we have two sources saying both saying 8% but we can't find anything to source it.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

interjection

' It was more like a give it or take it ultimatum.'

you mean take it or leave it?

'So now, it's basically a choice of being screwed over by the EU... Or screwing yourselves over, on your own terms.'

no, World Trade Organisation terms (default kick-in after 29th, article 50 cessation) seems an appropriate platform to pick oneself up from, dust off and carry on. a perfect platform to build future mutual reciprocations Globally and unshackled.

f

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The funny thing is it was skynews that gave me the 8 percent and it was a Tory remainer at the same time.

Meh fair enough a poll the other day actually said 60%, interesting though that we have two sources saying both saying 8% but we can't find anything to source it.

The 8% figure comes from a question in yougov poll. Along the lines of generally speaking what would you like to see happen next with multiple choices.

Going by same question the most popular answer was remain at 28%'

Basically it was checking people first choice,not what they would actually support.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

So in other words the 8% claim was cherry picked.

HA!

I found it.

yougov.co.uk...

So actually the headline is that when given a range of options the most popular choice was to just stop Brexit all together at 28%.

edit on 15-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt

interjection

'So now, it's basically a choice of being screwed over by the EU... Or screwing yourselves over, on your own terms.'

no, World Trade Organisation terms (default kick-in after 29th, article 50 cessation) seems an appropriate platform to pick oneself up from, dust off and carry on. a perfect platform to build future mutual reciprocations Globally and unshackled.

f

Below is a list of countries that just trade under WTO rules.

edit on 15-1-2019 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2019 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Yeah, that's what I meant... and I edited it to say just that a few minutes before you even posted.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

interjection

f

Oh how clever.

China is the largest trader in the world and will likely soon be the world's largest economy. They trade through WTO exclusively, barring a handful of free trade deals she has made with other countries.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The Scottish members are active tonight in their pro EU propaganda lol
edit on 15-1-2019 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

interjection

f

Oh how clever.

China is the largest trader in the world and will likely soon be the world's largest economy. They trade through WTO exclusively, barring a handful of free trade deals she has made with other countries.

www.export.gov...

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I hear the Moon nice this time of year, bit chilly in the shade, not much atmosphere, but no Brexit or other bullcrap to contend with nether.

And that vehicle looks like it might even get you there.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

interjection

f

Oh how clever.

www.export.gov...

Okay and which trade union exactly is China a part of again?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

This is just for you because I know it might upset some of our more euro-skeptic members....some guy set about trying to actually find a list of states that only trade under WTO trade rules, he found one. Mauritania.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

This is just for you because I know it might upset some of our more euro-skeptic members....some guy set about trying to actually find a list of states that only trade under WTO trade rules, he found one. Mauritania.

Well see under a competent administration the Foreign Office would already be in talks for bilateral trade agreements between our trading partners.

I don't think Britain will turn into a North African Slaver State.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

interjection

f

Oh how clever.

www.export.gov...

ASEAN-China

Well you did ask.

That was just the first one I found they could be members of other trade agreements.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Well see under a competent administration the Foreign Office would already be in talks for bilateral trade agreements between our trading partners.

Part of the problem is that as part of the EU thats going to be a bit difficult.

That also assumes that the FCO are competent.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Its at this point that my eyes start glazing over and my interest level diminishes to zero in a matter of seconds.

Same old arguments we've listened to and read from all sides and very, very little new or constructive.

I'm going to join the dirty unwashed, watch #e TV and research into The Mandela Effect with the hope that I'll be able to find a timeline without Brexit.

All with the assistance of beer....and things.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

The EU won't offer a good deal since they are using Brexit as a way to blackmail other countries who might think of daring to defy the unelected oligarchical EU leadership.

Blackmail?
Do you really think that small countries such as Slovenia, Hungary, Denmark, Croatia, Czech Republic etc can financially compete on their own against USA, Russia, China and India?! Please tell me how its possible?!

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

interjection

f

Oh how clever.

www.export.gov...

ASEAN-China

Well you did ask.

That was just the first one I found they could be members of other trade agreements.

This is a negotiated free trade agreement between ASEAN and China. China is not a member of the organisation. China does not surrender her trade power to international entities or foreign actors.
edit on -060004pm1kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Aye, we have sooked up our soapbox, got the Kilt out of Mothballs, and polished our Sporran just for this event. LoL

It's not EU propaganda that needs to concern us but Westminster falling on her arse.

May not so strong and stable anymore, neither are any of the Muppets, to be honest.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join