It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

His religion is no doubt a more sensible and valid argument against his chances.
I still think that a candidates Brexit position is going to outweigh all else by some margin.

edit on 15/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Look it up.....as it stands a Catholic will never be allowed to become Prime Minister.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The Brits sold their soul to the devil... They'll never get back.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

sigh....

who did we see our soul to then?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I'd say Boris or Rees Mogg (although the latter seems reluctant)

Boris has ruined his chances of ever becoming PM.
He is a Remainer and only changed sides as he viewed it as an opportunity to further his own career.

Rees Mogg has absolutely zero chance - he is a Roman Catholic and so will never, ever be allowed to hold the highest office.

Besides which both are complete twats!

IDS was a Catholic and it was never considered an issue. His general incompetence was an issue, not his religion.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Erm, the vote wasn't to do with leaving the EU it was to spend three days or three weeks planning a no deal Brexit.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Erm, the vote wasn't to do with leaving the EU it was to spend three days or three weeks planning a no deal Brexit.

But Britain loses either way... right?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

But Britain loses either way... right?

Well that then gets into the whole argument about the pro's and con's of Brexit, it doesn't really have anything to do with the vote.

Do you know what was voted on and why it matters because based on your first two posts it feels like you think this was a vote on Brexit or no Brexit

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Only because there was no realistic chance of him becoming PM then.

Tony Blair was told in no uncertain terms that if he converted to Catholicism he would have to resign as Prime Minister.
One of the first things he did after Brown succeeded him was convert.

There is nothing written down to forbid it, but its still very much prohibited.

Besides which, the last thing this country needs is another privileged, entitled self-centred egotist who is as out of touch with the realities of the vast majority of people's lives as can be running the show.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Sky reporting that up to 100 Labour MPs are to push for a second referendum tomorrow.

Labour calling for a vote of No Confidence in the government is a obvious as it is pathetic , a pox on all their houses.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Sky reporting that up to 100 Labour MPs are to push for a second referendum tomorrow.

Labour calling for a vote of No Confidence in the government is a obvious as it is pathetic , a pox on all their houses.

When you take that in addition to all of the other minority parties being in support for a second referendum thats a pretty big group now pushing for a second vote.

I also saw that Sturgon has also came out with another call for a second vote.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: gortex

When you take that in addition to all of the other minority parties being in support for a second referendum thats a pretty big group now pushing for a second vote.

I also saw that Sturgon has also came out with another call for a second vote.

There's no basis for a second vote.
The law states we leave the EU at the end of March. A law that passed Parliament.
Why do we need to ignore a law based on the People's vote we already had? It only got passed in to law last summer, after all.
That law supercedes the wishes of parliament - unless they change the law, for which, again, there is no basis.

edit on 15/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The £ has rallied against the $ and Euro.....somebody somewhere likes the May slap down

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

8% is the current polling number for those wanting a second vote. Eight percent of the population are behind a vote and most of those were already remainers. There is another route and that is a Brexit that breaks ALL ties to the EU as it stands. Yes our laws are currently mixed in with the EU but for a short time we can stick to those laws and align our laws with the EU but with time we can continue to move on and allow us to move away from those laws. I'm annoyed that people seem to not realise that No Deal is an option which it is. 29th of March is fast approaching and if a deal cannot be done then we will leave on WTO rules, if people read enough from other sources other than the mainstream rules and government figures you'll see that we are quickly becoming prepared, trucks and lorries will still move with ease, licenses have already been granted and set up and have been for a few weeks, planes will still fly, EU members in the UK will still have their rights and so will the others, trade will continue because countries like France, Germany etc. have already said they would not break trading with the UK and would continue from the 30th it would just be on WTO rules, there would be no break in the supply train.

The plan is simple - We leave on the 29th and go onto WTO rules (which the rest of the world that's roughly 100 odd countries trade on already) and then open up trade talks with the EU just like we would with any other country. The reason I say this is because the EU is prepared to bend rules and break them or out right create rules to make free trade deals with the US, China, Canada etc. and yet are making it super hard to make a deal with the UK. The Irish Border is also a nothing burger, The EU said they will not build one, the Irish have said they will not build one and the UK government has said it will not build one. The EU has said it does not want to fall onto the backstop, the Irish do not want to do it either and neither does the UK, this is a pretend reason to try and over turn it.

Labour only voted it down because they are throwing everything at the wall to try and get a general election, the SNP want to stop Brexit or try to force a second independence vote (even though they want to stay with the EU which means they would have to reapply so they're going from one union to another where they have far less power meaning it isn't independence) at this point Parliament isn't doing what they were ordered to do and it's take us out not on a deal but take us out.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
The £ has rallied against the $ and Euro.....somebody somewhere likes the May slap down

The pound responds positively just about every time something happens that makes a no-deal Brexit, or no Brexit for that matter more likely.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The thing is, its becoming increasingly apparent to me that this is becoming more about Parliament and by extension MP's re-asserting their authority over the electorate.

My personal opinion is its about time we reminded them of their duty and obligation to the British people first rather than their own personal interests and political persuasion and allegiance.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

The thing is, its becoming increasingly apparent to me that this is becoming more about Parliament and by extension MP's re-asserting their authority over the electorate.

My personal opinion is its about time we reminded them of their duty and obligation to the British people first rather than their own personal interests and political persuasion and allegiance.

Couldn't agree more.
I shudder to think about the back room deals and money changing hands between Brussels and our oh so honest politicians over the last 2 years.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Both parties are corrupt self-serving crap. As if they ever cared about what the people wanted. It's all about their agendas. Has been since we came up with this parliamentary democracy thing.

admittedly it's an improvement over despotic monarchy but still.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

I didn't realise it was as low as 8%. It's encouraging that there are so few people in my country that are willing to ignore the democratic will of their fellow citizens just to get their way.

As for the politcians, those that were already calling for a 2nd referendum literally minutes after the vote, revealed themselves as traitors.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If there is a second referendum I will not even vote in it as I will not consider it legitimate. Maybe that will harm my cause but regardless it is a matter of principle.

We already had one. The matter is settled. Or it should be at the very least.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join