It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So yeah, this would literally take a small handful of rebel conservative MPs to vote for it and she could find her self out of a job.

Tomorrow could be interesting lads!

I still don't think the rebels are going to risk putting themselves up for another GE with the chance of Labour getting in and truly stuffing up Brexit with the wet lettuce Corbyn in charge.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Hmm, another disappointment in store.
With the ERG and DUP backing the government I think the no confidence vote will fail.
The only hope for defeating the government seems to lie with the Tory remainers who must feel like any future deal will be softer, so why would they vote against May?

Like I said before I am not brave enough to predict this vote.

But.

The DUP have 10MPs (I think, its not a lot), now even if they and the ERG support May whats to say there isn't 15 or so Torries who are just pissed off enough with everything to vote against her government.

The only prediction that I would make is that its going to be a close vote.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dowot

I'd say Boris or Rees Mogg (although the latter seems reluctant)
The vote of no confidence in the Govt will be tomorrow.

I fail to see how anyone could have even a hint of confidence in Theresa May - or the idiots she has assembled around her.

edit on 15/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bilbous

So yeah, this would literally take a small handful of rebel conservative MPs to vote for it and she could find her self out of a job.

Tomorrow could be interesting lads!

I still don't think the rebels are going to risk putting themselves up for another GE with the chance of Labour getting in and truly stuffing up Brexit with the wet lettuce Corbyn in charge.

Some of those Conservative MPs though want what Corbyn wants, to remain in the common market so they might just go for it.

I am not making a prediction with this to be clear I am just saying that I don't think this is going to be a comfortable win for the government assuming they do win.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

With the ERG and DUP backing the government I think the no confidence vote will fail.
The only hope for defeating the government seems to lie with the Tory remainers who must feel like any future deal will be softer, so why would they vote against May?

But.

The DUP have 10MPs (I think, its not a lot), now even if they and the ERG support May whats to say there isn't 15 or so Torries who are just pissed off enough with everything to vote against her government.

It will be close, But I would hazard it being 327 in favour of the government.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Not having a clue, or any credibility hasn't seemed to stop her up to now.
Got bloody rhino skin, that one.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bilbous

But.

It will be close, But I would hazard it being 327 in favour of the government.

I think thats a fair prediction.

Time will tell.

No doubt me and you will be chatting about this tomorrow night as well

Who is bringing the booze cos am making pizza and Sprocket is bringing the crisps.
edit on 15-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yeah, it's a question of who though.
For one thing, it'll have to be safe seat Tories, and how many of them are angry enough?

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Boris has ruined his chances of ever becoming PM.
He is a Remainer and only changed sides as he viewed it as an opportunity to further his own career.

Rees Mogg has absolutely zero chance - he is a Roman Catholic and so will never, ever be allowed to hold the highest office.

Besides which both are complete twats!

link   

Well we are getting a vote of no confidence its happening. Tomorrow, 7pm.

Yes. What I meant is that you won't get a successful no confidence vote. Even if it was successful, how does this help Brexit? Our elected officials seem bent on royally buggering up the UK. They need to get real and work on Brexit.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

He is a Remainer and only changed sides as he viewed it as an opportunity to further his own career.

Rees Mogg has absolutely zero chance - he is a Roman Catholic and so will never, ever be allowed to hold the highest office.

I despise Bojo, but I think JRM would make a decent PM.
Never happen though.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I think Rees Mogg is great - just what we need.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Yes. What I meant is that you won't get a successful no confidence vote. Even if it was successful, how does this help Brexit? Our elected officials seem bent on royally buggering up the UK. They need to get real and work on Brexit.

I am not a fan of this.

I don't think tabling this vote was the right idea.

I do think however that May's job is not safe right now, I think there is a chance that we could find ourselves facing a general election. Also remember the law does say that parliament have 14 days to form a government themselves its possible that could play into the games being played.

link   
This is all like Spitting image.

But without the laughter...

Shambles.

link   
a reply to: Freeborn

That being the biggest reason.

Its a shame that Big Ruth isnt up for it

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

No Deal is actually the only opton left to give the people what they voted for. Whether it's this govt or the next, there is not a majority in Parliament to vote on any deal that is not, basically, remaining in the EU.

That is why the majority who voted to leave are so pissed off right now. Our elected officials are not honouring the will of the people. There are some troubling times ahead.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Probably not a good idea to assume someone you don't like can not be elected, solely because you don't like them.
I have a feeling that any leader who makes it clear that he or she is pro-brexit is going to get elected. This is an issue where people will cross party lines and the majority as we know, voted to leave. If that leave number was 52% again, and they voted for a pro-brexit candidate, it would be a landslide.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

We're doomed, doomed, as Frazer in Dads Army would say.

I agree that May has lost all credibility, I can hear the EU representatives saying I told you so and going into punishment mode. S'n-word' s'n-word'.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dowot

We're doomed, doomed, as Frazer in Dads Army would say.

More like Corporal Jones. DON'T PANIC.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I think Rees Mogg is great - just what we need.

Regardless of anyone's opinions of Rees Mogg the fact is he's Catholic and for no other reason than that he will never be allowed to be Prime Minister.
Sajid Javid has far more chance......and for a Tory he's certainly more personable and seems to have a steely resilience.

Its a shame that Big Ruth isnt up for it

I know she's a Tory but she does appear to be a bit more compassionate than your normal, run of the mill Conservative and she has a social conscience.....a rarity in Tories.
She seems to be strong and focussed with a clear vision, something sadly lacking in UK politics for far too long now.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join