It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Cults, the Chocolate Factory, and.. Racism? An R Kelly Drama.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

originally posted by: Edumakated

Even in the face of irrefutable facts, we will often assume some racial conspiracy.

I think that's exactly what's going on to the point of racism in the RK situation.

What I wonder is, if he was convicted, if we would've been racist for convicting a black guy when [insert white persons acquittal here] happened, whereas now we are racist because the black girls in the story got not justice. Would it be racism either way?

Racist for convicting, racist for not convicting. Everything is racist guys.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Playing devils advocate would an African American recieve such preferential treatment? or is it his ability to float in water quickly what saved him, got to keep those skills out of prison, they are useful to the wider public

He was released the same day after posting $150,000 bail.

Sounds like it falls into the "has money" bracket before racism to me.

Unfortunately with the Turner case, state laws only allow rape charges for forced penile penetration, and since his case was digital rape, it was only considered sexual assault.
edit on 15-1-2019 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Brock Turner was the athlete?

Yes, it's possible. Look into the things that happened at Baylor with their football team under Art Briles with Ken Starr in charge of the Uni. Those players were black and they absolutely got the star treatment like Turner.

As a former collegiate athlete myself, it made me sick.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have no doubt I believe all of them that commit these acts deserve far longer sentences, an ability to play a sport/sing/act should not allow for leniency with the law.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

There is a clear sickness in college sports where the desire to win is stronger then the desire to do what is right in a lot of instances.

That problem happened at Penn State too, and cheating scandals are a dime a dozen, same with doping. There's no honor in winning clean anymore.

But that's a different thread.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join