It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nairobi Dusit hotel under attack as blasts and gunfire heard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It's believed at least one suicide bomber breached the security wall to allow at least 4 gunmen to enter the compound in the Westland district of Nairobi and storm the Nairobi Dusit hotel , the attack has been claimed by Al-Shabaab who carried out a similar attack at the Westgate shopping mall in Nairobi in 2013 , that attack lasted 80 hours and resulted in the deaths of 80 people.

At least two blasts and gunfire were heard at the compound in the Westland district of the city, which houses the Dusit hotel as well as offices. The Somali-based militant group al-Shabaab claimed the attack but gave no details. Four armed men entered the complex, eyewitnesses say. Vehicles are on fire in the car park. Police have cordoned off the area and are trying to rescue those inside.

The BBC's Ferdinand Omondi says the head of Kenya's Directorate of Criminal Investigations, George Kinoti, is at the scene to lead the police operation.

A woman working in a neighbouring building told Reuters news agency: "I just started hearing gunshots, and then started seeing people running away raising their hands up and some were entering the bank to hide for their lives."
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 15-1-2019 by gortex because: edit to add video

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

We need to find this Al guy.

Al Queda, Al Shabaab-this guy's military prowess is growing, the spooky thing is Al is already showing his military competence all over the globe.

*sigh* in the internet age it's all too easy to learn; rogue militants to learn from Al and his cult of personality, they learn Als' combat and explosive techniques, siege mentality, swallowing his false doctrines, and so forth.

These miscreants are learning quick, it's fascinating on one level, frightful on another.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I will never understand the mentality to attack civilians.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie I'd suggest interviewing his brother, Shish

Sorry

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I will never understand the mentality to attack civilians.

[/quote

I don’t support such terrorism.

People get desperate based on asymmetrical warfare, and much more powerful entities stomping all over them.

If your wedding party got droned you might say eff it too.

top topics

join