It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriarch Kirill said that gadgets are bringing the coming of the Antichrist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I have seen particular politicians lie openly and a swathe of people on ATS try and invent excuses to justify it.

In Germany, during the 1930's to 1940's we saw the adulation poured out on a 'strong' leader who said the most outrageous things. People went out of their way to make up excuses for him, too. They had no mobile 'phones, internet or computers. Even the newspapers then reported more accurately and were far less sophisticated in pushing their particular opinion.

It isn't the media. It is the power of the manipulation of an "us and them" nationalist emotionalism.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I have seen particular politicians lie openly and a swathe of people on ATS try and invent excuses to justify it.

In Germany, during the 1930's to 1940's we saw the adulation poured out on a 'strong' leader who said the most outrageous things. People went out of their way to make up excuses for him, too. They had no mobile 'phones, internet or computers. Even the newspapers then reported more accurately and were far less sophisticated in pushing their particular opinion.

It isn't the media. It is the power of the manipulation of an "us and them" nationalist emotionalism.

Before asking the question "we and they", I would remember the Tower of Babel and the lessons that we should learn from this story.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

It gets rebranded each cycle to play both sides.

Bush started the ratcheting up of powers for the federal government at the expense of individual freedoms and privacy.

Obama said hold my beer, went after whistle-blowers, weaponized the espionage act to prosecute them, and tapped journalists who wouldn't give up their sources.

Perceived nationalism is a symptom of a problem.

All of my above comments have nothing to do with partisanship but rather the power grabbing of the state veiled as for the best interest of citizens (employers of the employees).

But now with the patriot act, you can damn well bet that technology to a degree will be a folly of those who blindly use it.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Only been waiting thousands of years of antichrist always around the corner.

Its like the boy who cried wolf.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Only been waiting thousands of years of antichrist always around the corner.

Its like the boy who cried wolf.

Hmmmm..... sounds like something the antichrist would say to throw us off his trail.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yeah, because before the internet and gadgets the world was all good and peaceful.
Religious wars and slaughter wasn't in the name of Sony or apple.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

The world is the same, that 2000 years ago, that now. The same passions, temptations and demons. They just changed appearance. In order to confront them, do not need new and fashionable words. It is enough to throw off the husks and the shells of new words and turn to the old truths.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Religion has always been a tool to control and pacify people and an excuse to kill.
I for one welcome the demise of all religions.

It will just take a different form.

Instead of "working" for eternal salvation, people will focus on their social credit score.

That cat is WAY out of the bag. Look at all the nonsense already happening because x number of folks didn’t like their FB post, didn’t view their YT video, or unfriended them. I think social media is 100% the issue, not technology (ie., your social credit score).

Yes, the folks aren’t quite all there who act out because of negative social media directed at them, but since they’re groomed starting before pre-teen years that social media acceptance is the be-all end-all of success, they really can’t think any other way.
edit on 15/1/2019 by Lab4Us because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

I can't argue with you sadly, I think you're right.

At least now it is for the most part a choice.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The internet is the budding anti-Christ in our midst, or you can simply classify all technology as the bugaboo.

(Very akin to how the evidence of ETs here and now cannot/willnot be recognized.)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sundog1

The internet is the budding anti-Christ in our midst, or you can simply classify all technology as the bugaboo.

(Very akin to how the evidence of ETs here and now cannot/willnot be recognized.)

The question is not that this or that technology is devilish. The question is how and in what capacity it is used.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The Orthodox Church is NOT what it appears to be.

One thing to remember, the TPTB's religious stealth agenda is to instill skepticism and raise doubts about the original and to keep you away from the genuine...

"The Black Pope’s ubiquitous Society of Jesus completely controls the Eastern Orthodox Patriarch of Constantinople. Clearly, Bartholomew I was groomed by the Jesuit Papacy to be its agent in the east. According to his wikipedia entry here, his treason to the Eastern Orthodox peoples is obvious" LINK

...the goal is to infiltrate it with their compromising philosophies and attempt to destroy the Church from within."

"What if there were people within the various Churches of God who covertly were guiding the members to slowly accept new ideas which are alien to the true faith and who were dedicated to destroying that faith at all costs?" JESUIT-JEDI MINDTRICKS

...most of our institutions are infiltrated and run by racists, satanists, perverts and criminals, often masquerading as devout and God-fearing Christians.

Did the Illuminati Exterminate Canadian Indian Children?

In the late forties the Illuminati wanted to infiltrate the churches because they understood the power of God within the structure of the church, and they had to find a way to infiltrate the church to break down that spiritual strength within the church, the power of the holy spirit that works within the church. They had to find a way to infiltrate that, and they wanted to bring the world into the churches so that the churches wouldn't be so strong spiritually. That was part of my father's job.

The method the illuminati used to infiltrate the organized church

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated organized religion. Link

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: ManFromEurope

No words will help if the person himself is not reborn internally and will not want Salvation.

FYI that was NOT meant as an attack on you OP.

The fact that your post about salvation tells me that your priorities are in line and that you are sincere...

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

The head of the Russian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Kirill, stated that the existence of gadgets and the Internet is the herald of the preceding Antichrist. This was said in a Christmas interview with the TV channel "Russia 1", reports the largest Russian news agency RIA-Novosti.

Gadgets carry the danger of becoming a means of controlling information from one point,

Says the church. Bahahahaha...

Dunno pretty sure the church used scribes and the printing press as a means of controlling information for a while....but...anyway...

My gadgets give me access to pretty much the entirety of human knowledge thus far....so basically the opposite of what the church says....
edit on 15/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

In this age, if you are afflicted or infected with propaganda, its because you chose to be, not because you did not know any better. Everyone knows better, and some people actually behave as if they do. The rest deny that they ever did, or that their disgusting, regressive attitudes are not disgusting or regressive, despite the evident nature of the truth. The manner by which information, true or false, is spread, the mechanism, is not important and never has been. What is important is what people are prepared to go along with, whether they are prepared to accept evil, bias, hatred and tolerance of intolerance into their hearts, or whether they stand in the breech and defend against these things with all the gusto and fury of the host of heaven.

One of the most profound truths I've ever read on ATS.

(And not because we're both Brits, I hasten to add!)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

He really wants to lay off that communion wine.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Quite evident with the new technology where some machine does your thinking for you,explains the stupid remarks made by liberal politicians,when you allow someone to control your destiny,better be sure you know what you signed up for

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   

If you are following the church of man, rather than the word of Christ alone, then perhaps you need to re-evaluate your way of life. The men that came after him were flawed as is all mankind, afflicted with hubris and avarice. There is no reason for me to follow them, nor call them father. There is only Jesus Christ, God the Creator, and the Holy Ghost, the trinity. None of the pretenders who followed, or established the hierarchy on Earth, have any importance to me, and those who follow them blindly will find themselves on the wrong side of the margin between the goats and the sheep. Do not follow the men who built the Church. Follow the word of the one whose name they usurped to make it popular.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I heard that the Antichrist isn't an individual but every human being who is identified with the agenda of Satan...

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Beware of the coming of the Gadgetopolis.

Does that include the cross, probably the worst gadget ever invented
edit on 26-1-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join