It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#TheBestMenCanBe #Gillette

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: toms54

a reply to: Krakatoa

I will repeat my stance again, bullying is wrong and fights should be stopped for both sexes. Learning self-defense, to me, is a way to learn self-control and fear less and, of course, to defend yourself should you have no other option. As for my hubby and son, I agree with them and they agree with me, so your comments are non-sequitur.

Don't you understand the concept of dominance and social hierarchy? You see it throughout the animal world. It decides who gets the food and choice of mates. Beta males don't get any action.

When I grew up and got into a fight, they handed me boxing gloves. They need to fight it out. The only reason to interfere is when it gets out of hand.

We are above the animal world, or are we? All ape Beta males get a piece of the action too - they just have to wait.

Children should not be allowed to fight it out. If you are grown up and an adult and feel you can not handle social situations any other way besides violence, then i think you have a problem.

So, if I disagree with you I am not "evolved" and have a problem. See, this ability to diminish others opinions is part of the problem. Perhaps we will never agree, and I am fine with that. But don't tell ME what it means to grow from a boy to a man unless you've been there and done that. I would NEVER assume I know what its like to be a girl growing into a woman. Why can't you adopt the same level of evolved understanding? Unless you have a problem.

As I said previously, your life's experiences are only yours. I have other men's life's experiences that are opposite to yours. So, don't tell me that I don't understand, because I do fully understand my husband's and son's experiences. Especially my husbands's experiences growing up during the 50's and 60's where the mindset for boys was to use violence to solve disputes. My husband was a big strong child and teenager, and was bullied and attacked for being one of the biggest kids around - just because he was bigger than everyone else. The same with my son, a very gentle giant, he said he was targetted at parties by smaller drunk guys because they had to prove something.

Yes, if you allow a child to fight to solve the problem with violence and not show both children how to resolve conflict, then yes, you have a problem.

If you are an adult and choose to solve your problems with violence only, then yes you have a problem.

Again, you can NEVER fully understand what it is like unless you grew up a little boy and grew into a man. All you can do is try to understand....period. If you truly believe you know, then you have a serious personality disorder and an obviously superiority complex. No woman can fully understand a boy --> man experience, just as no man can fully understand a girl > woman experience. Unless you are a transgender post adolescence, and now live as a "woman".

In which case your experience IS you own....and unique to you.

Please stop stating you full understand because you cannot....period. And your hubby's not going to disagree with you. This I do know.

I fully understand what it feels like to be bullied and challenged to an after-school fight. This is not strictly a boy growing to manhood thing. So get real.

Now who is twisting things? I said you cannot fully understand boy --> man. Period.... You cannot, and will never. All you can do is approximate an understanding. That is as close as you will ever get. So, please stop deluding yourself that you know.

Bullying and violence is easy to understand. What you fail to understand is that it is not a growing to manhood rite or necessity.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Not everyone is a victim.

Some kids are just assholes.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Not everyone is a victim.

Some kids are just assholes.

Very rarely, from what I've read via the school system inhouse training, most are troubled.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I will repeat my stance again, bullying is wrong and fights should be stopped for both sexes. Learning self-defense, to me, is a way to learn self-control and fear less and, of course, to defend yourself should you have no other option. As for my hubby and son, I agree with them and they agree with me, so your comments are non-sequitur.

Don't you understand the concept of dominance and social hierarchy? You see it throughout the animal world. It decides who gets the food and choice of mates. Beta males don't get any action.

When I grew up and got into a fight, they handed me boxing gloves. They need to fight it out. The only reason to interfere is when it gets out of hand.

We are above the animal world, or are we? All ape Beta males get a piece of the action too - they just have to wait.

Children should not be allowed to fight it out. If you are grown up and an adult and feel you can not handle social situations any other way besides violence, then i think you have a problem.

So, if I disagree with you I am not "evolved" and have a problem. See, this ability to diminish others opinions is part of the problem. Perhaps we will never agree, and I am fine with that. But don't tell ME what it means to grow from a boy to a man unless you've been there and done that. I would NEVER assume I know what its like to be a girl growing into a woman. Why can't you adopt the same level of evolved understanding? Unless you have a problem.

As I said previously, your life's experiences are only yours. I have other men's life's experiences that are opposite to yours. So, don't tell me that I don't understand, because I do fully understand my husband's and son's experiences. Especially my husbands's experiences growing up during the 50's and 60's where the mindset for boys was to use violence to solve disputes. My husband was a big strong child and teenager, and was bullied and attacked for being one of the biggest kids around - just because he was bigger than everyone else. The same with my son, a very gentle giant, he said he was targetted at parties by smaller drunk guys because they had to prove something.

Yes, if you allow a child to fight to solve the problem with violence and not show both children how to resolve conflict, then yes, you have a problem.

If you are an adult and choose to solve your problems with violence only, then yes you have a problem.

Again, you can NEVER fully understand what it is like unless you grew up a little boy and grew into a man. All you can do is try to understand....period. If you truly believe you know, then you have a serious personality disorder and an obviously superiority complex. No woman can fully understand a boy --> man experience, just as no man can fully understand a girl > woman experience. Unless you are a transgender post adolescence, and now live as a "woman".

Please stop stating you full understand because you cannot....period. And your hubby's not going to disagree with you. This I do know.

I fully understand what it feels like to be bullied and challenged to an after-school fight. This is not strictly a boy growing to manhood thing. So get real.

Now who is twisting things? I said you cannot fully understand boy --> man. Period.... You cannot, and will never. All you can do is approximate an understanding. That is as close as you will ever get. So, please stop deluding yourself that you know.

Bullying and violence is easy to understand. What you fail to understand is that it is not a growing to manhood rite or necessity.

Again, you don't understand,. ADMIT IT.... You opinion is based upon 2nd hand knowledge, not first hand knowledge. Something important is lost in that approach....something you refuse to admit even exists. Your opinion is that of a woman projecting her own thoughts on what the male experience MUST be...not reality.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

So you want men turned into geldings... except your husband.

Gotcha.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Again, you don't understand,. ADMIT IT.... You opinion is based upon 2nd hand knowledge, not first hand knowledge. Something important is lost in that approach....something you refuse to admit even exists. Your opinion is that of a woman projecting her own thoughts on what the male experience MUST be...not reality.

I am not projecting, I am relaying what my husband and son's experiences, and mine in regards to bullying and violence have been. Girls in my day also had to face bullying, coersion and other types of control forced upon us without any intervention from anyone and that was wrong - and it still is.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Yeah, I think it's reasonable to hit someone who is bullying you.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I don't care if they're "troubled". My kids have full permission to defend themselves and deal with bullies appropriately.

Being "troubled" does not excuse their behavior nor alter its remedy. And it certainly doesn't give them license to take out their problems on my kids.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: NthOther

Yeah, I think it's reasonable to hit someone who is bullying you.

It is against the law to assault someone. The law is there for a reason. Civility, hopefully.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I don't care if they're "troubled". My kids have full permission to defend themselves and deal with bullies appropriately.

Being "troubled" does not excuse their behavior nor alter its remedy. And it certainly doesn't give them license to take out their problems on my kids.

Bullying does not necessarily lead to physical violence. Sticks and stones... Do you give your kids permission to assault a person who says something verbal that they don't like?

Your kids have the responsibility to tell the school authority about it because, believe it or not, they have experts helping them to help the kids there.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I am not projecting, I am relaying what my husband and son's experiences, and mine in regards to bullying and violence have been. Girls in my day also had to face bullying, coersion and other types of control forced upon us without any intervention from anyone and that was wrong - and it still is.

That is the definition of 2nd hand knowledge ms genius. You do not KNOW, you can only approximate the experience. You may think you understand, but you really do not....and you can;t. And, guess what, that is OK. Your ideals are laudable, and a goal to achieve, within reason. Sometimes a violent reaction is the only solution.

I never advocated it to the the first or only one....never. But you on the other hand have stated that it is never appropriate. That is where we differ....and I do believe it is based upon your inability to truly understand the experience. Because you simply cannot 100% understand, and your ego refuses to let you admit that simple fact.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

So no flattery, no innuendo, no masculinity at all (obviously).

Hm.

Will being a total pussy work? Is that how you like your men?

Of course you don't. The astute will notice that even hardcore feminists still opine for the alpha douche.

Ummm...not only that...but they’ll read and watch all the rape fest histerical novels and 12 million shades of tie me up and do me with your foot...they can salivate over...

Gotta be a disconnect there somewhere...cause then they publically state they want you to be more like Danny...the gay guy...

I’ve given up trying to figure them out...they’re all crazy...

And they drive men insane...

YouSir

link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

They call themselves radicals though...

No. Trans Activists call them that.

...they are proud of that....

No. They acknowledge the slur and mock it.

I guess their problem with that term is that it implies they should include trans as women.

Um, no... The Trans Activists used that term to imply they are outliers from the greater feminist movement by not including trans as women.

And they don't think men can be feminists...

Yes, they do, and frequently give them a good word, share links, etc.

...but they do think female to male trans can be feminists...

They know that female to male trans are females, and that female to male trans can be feminists... they also know that not all are.

...so technically TERF as a name for them is wrong.

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it, they don't really think FtM are proper feminists. So TERF is accurate. They just say it's a slur.

And there it is... you just wanted to talk trash. Gotcha.

link   

I agree and I also think it's reasonable that there's a law against hitting someone.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

And that's where we have an impasse.

I think your "experts" are huffing paint with the kiddos.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

That is the definition of 2nd hand knowledge ms genius. You do not KNOW, you can only approximate the experience. You may think you understand, but you really do not....and you can;t. And, guess what, that is OK. Your ideals are laudable, and a goal to achieve, within reason. Sometimes a violent reaction is the only solution.

I never advocated it to the the first or only one....never. But you on the other hand have stated that it is never appropriate. That is where we differ....and I do believe it is based upon your inability to truly understand the experience. Because you simply cannot 100% understand, and your ego refuses to let you admit that simple fact.

I agree that it is never appropriate to allow children to fight it out because nobody learns anything and they could get hurt. On the other hand, if as an adult that is your choice, then just be careful you don't slip on the soap in the shower.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

These "experts" IMO are merely driven by protecting the legal state of the institution that pays them for that opinion. With zero tolerance, either you agree or get fired. No conflict of interest there, right?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I will not be using anything Gillette. Theirs is a fools path. They have undone themselves in the business world.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

So no flattery, no innuendo, no masculinity at all (obviously).

Hm.

Will being a total pussy work? Is that how you like your men?

Of course you don't. The astute will notice that even hardcore feminists still opine for the alpha douche.

Ummm...not only that...but they’ll read and watch all the rape fest histerical novels and 12 million shades of tie me up and do me with your foot...they can salivate over...

Gotta be a disconnect there somewhere...cause then they publically state they want you to be more like Danny...the gay guy...

I’ve given up trying to figure them out...they’re all crazy...

And they drive men insane...

YouSir

The bad crazy women had dominion over all men and their minds.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

These "experts" IMO are merely driven by protecting the legal state of the institution that pays them for that opinion. With zero tolerance, either you agree or get fired. No conflict of interest there, right?

What about the lawmakers, what drives them? Yes, the people, that's right, you are learning.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join