It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#TheBestMenCanBe #Gillette

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Nyiah

Eh, you're pretty wrong on that one. It's high time to combat toxic feminism, too. I just don't see too many men willing to say anything -- which brings up the old adage of who's purse someone's nuts are in -- and thus it's left up to those of us (women) willing to take heat for "sabotaging ourselves" to speak up & speak out.

Men are trying to say something in this very thread. You don't think Toxic feminism influenced that commercial?

In fact why do we have made up progressive terms like "white privilege" Man spreading, Mansplaining.. Being a bad man has nothing to do with masculinity its just being a bad person. Should I label the mother that drowns their kids as having TOXIC femininity?

Why cant it just be good people and bad people? Why always the break down of people into groups? Why the constant need to divide? Furthermore this whole Idea in the video that guys are a majority of the bully problem is ludicrous.

Girls can be very cruel especially to other girls in high school and there is no shortage of cases of other girls committing suicide because the were bullied by other girls.

Its not about toxic masculinity its about feminizing the American male, the men progressives want us molded into will give up their guns easily, be easily controlled, a population that emasculates its men is one doomed to failure.

Look at men i posted on magazine RISE of the BETA MALE COVER. Its not those men women and the weak will be looking to protect them if the need ever arises. Those guys will be hiding behind skirts.

Is that what you want of men weak, scared, a female with a penis? Because that's what me and a lot of men are seeing being promoted.

Men are supposed to be protectors and stand up for the weak. But a lot of the instances in that commercial were nothing more than propaganda to pander to feminist and far left progressives.

You're not gonna change the biology of men and why would you want to? If someone kicks your door down in the middle of the night the men that feminazis want us molded into is not the one your gonna want by your side or in front of you.

Their wouldn't even be an America now if it weren't for strong, confident, testosterone filled, men.

Believe that.

edit on 16-1-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Is that what you want of men weak, scared, a female with a penis? Because that's what me and a lot of men are seeing being promoted.

The best defense is a good offense, eh?

Pretty damn sad that your only defense is to attack everyone else -- from women to the damn good men out there who don't whine and cry about their fragile "manhood". The men who pull themselves up by their bootstraps every morning and go out and work hard to be their best, and come home and do their best by their family. Men who do the right thing for the right reason and know that living well is the best reward.

My dad... my brothers... my husband... my son... they are the best kind of badasses... the kind that know their own strength and worth and don't have to lord anything over anyone. They use their strength and courage to protect and build up -- not to bully and tear down.

Keep whining and crying. Keep blaming others to deflect from yourself. Keep tearing others down to make yourself feel good about yourself. Show the whole world who you are... and by default, show other men who they DON'T want to be. The commercial asked men to be examples. It's your choice if you're going to be the good example or the bad example.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Eh, you're pretty wrong on that one. It's high time to combat toxic feminism, too. I just don't see too many men willing to say anything -- which brings up the old adage of who's purse someone's nuts are in -- and thus it's left up to those of us (women) willing to take heat for "sabotaging ourselves" to speak up & speak out.

This deserves to be repeated -- thank you for saying it!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It's high time to combat toxic feminism, too. I just don't see too many men willing to say anything

Make me a sandwich.

There, I said something.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Make me a sandwich. There, I said something.

Hmmm... if she did, would you dare actually eat it?

And can I be a fly on the wall pretty pretty please?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Boadicea

I didnt direct those posts to you but if you wanna feel froggy and leap im gonna oblige .. It took a while I had to go workout and work on that Toxic Masculinity!!

**RED ALERT** RED ALERT** INCOMING TOXIC MASCULINITY!!! RUN!!

No, it is not condescending and misleading. It is quite clear. The fact that you do not see that, and that you immediately identified yourself with the bullies, is all on you.

Once again if there were a commercial on the problems of extreme Islam on TV and it drew backlash from Muslims would the ones offended by it identify themselves as the ones who strap bombs to themselves and blow people up? By your standards yes they would be. The commercial is defiantly coming across as being a man is inherently an issue. Like the liberals say, you wouldn't understand racism you're not a POC, well do you have a pair of balls a swinging? NO? Not a man? Ya wouldn't understand. The henpecked door mat men in your life who would agree with you on anything don't count.

Apparently Gillette is planning just such another campaign. So you may find out.

Oh really? Like I said let me know when that happens.

And you might also reconsider your initial suspicions. I shall quote myself from my very first post on the first page:

Of course, I would likewise like to see one directed at girls -- the "mean girls" type. They are just as big of bullies as any boys/men.

Oh snap!!! Seriously, I have absolutely no problem with calling out bad behavior wherever it's found, by whoever doing it.

Oh Snap!!! Its not what you believe , its that no other "group" is getting called out for bad behavior in the media but men and white men in general" OH SNAP that's the point! Please direct me to some commercials calling other groups out, if im wrong show me. Im so waiting to be proved wrong get me some source material im having trouble locating it.

Neither can anyone develop tolerance and understanding by refusing to recognize and condemn the very real bad behavior, while almost always deflecting to the flaws of others.

That commercial will have ZERO effect on bad guys and it damn sure isnt gonna make a good guy do what he would not have done anyway before this contrived trash was shown.

Im not responsible for the small majority of men who have bad behavior, just like im sure you will claim all Muslims arent responsible for extreme Islam terrorists. I don't need to be told whats right and wrong by a billionaire corporation my parents married now 52 years raised me right. Why isn't there a commercial calling on Muslims to keep their fellow extremists in check? I mean if all men can be blamed for the small percentage who are assholes then fair is fair all people in ANY group should be pressed through media and commercials to reel in the bad apples of that group. Once again show me where this is happening. Im waiting for you to prove to me this standard does not only apply to men. Cmon one commercial similar to the Gillette commercial directed to another group telling that group to fix the issues in their group!! That's all im asking for. ONE Just ONE!

We know a commercial about any other sex/ethnicity/ fill in the blank along the same line would have the SAME damn liberal women in this thread screaming racist/misogynist/xenophobe/Islamophobia.

Wow. "Damn liberal women" -- You just love those labels!!! Well, guess what, wrong again. I'm too conservative to be liberal, and I'm too libertarian to be conservative, and I'm too populist to be libertarian... So big fat fail.

TOXIC MASCULINITY!! YA JUST LOVE THOSE LABELS!! How rich that you would complain about labeling while defending a commercial that labels.. If im not mistaken your view on illegal immigration is pretty progressive. Even if you're not a far lefty my comment still stands. This would be the behavior of a far left SJW. That would be their reactions. You denying it doesn't make it not so. Anyone with a ounce of integrity would admit that would be their reactions to a commercial like this directed at anyone but males. You're very disingenuous

More to the point, I have already proven your "suspicions" wrong. I would also point out that this substitution scenario was put to me already, and I was able to apply the same comments and logic I applied to this situation to that one. Easy peasy. Principles are principles and apply across the board.

More to the point I really don't give a damn that you personally would not be a hypocrite. My point is a good majority of people who defend this commercial would in fact scream bloody murder if any other group was targeted. The same people calling men who do not agree with this Ad snowflakes are the same damn ones who would be triggered at a commercial telling ALL Muslims to step up and condemn their radical elements or women to be better and reel in those High School teachers sleeping with underage students and those women who drown/murder their children!

Its so easy to talk big when you know a commercial will never be made to prove my point.

As already noted, you are talking out your arse.

Once again you fail to refute my point. And once again im willing to bet you no commercial will come out similar to the Gillette commercial condemning another group such as women/Muslims/blacks etc etc and so on and so on. And for the record I may be talking out my arse but you are making one of yourself.

But its only men who have issues right? Only men who need be scolded and told how terrible we are?

Nope... that's you. The same "damn liberal women" that you are so triggered by are the ones making a very clear distinction and singing the praises of the good guys.

You are the one who put yourself into the "not" good guy box. I'll trust YOUR judgment.

Good guys dont need anyone to sing their praises. They do good things because they are good guys. We don't need a commercial to tell us we need to put bad people regardless of sex/race in their place. We also don't need a commercial that comes off as demonizing the mere fact were a man and get lectured by women like you.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

The best defense is a good offense, eh?
Pretty damn sad that your only defense is to attack everyone else -- from women to the damn good men out there who don't whine and cry about their fragile "manhood". The men who pull themselves up by their bootstraps every morning and go out and work hard to be their best, and come home and do their best by their family. Men who do the right thing for the right reason and know that living well is the best reward.
My dad... my brothers... my husband... my son... they are the best kind of badasses... the kind that know their own strength and worth and don't have to lord anything over anyone. They use their strength and courage to protect and build up -- not to bully and tear down.

Keep whining and crying. Keep blaming others to deflect from yourself. Keep tearing others down to make yourself feel good about yourself. Show the whole world who you are... and by default, show other men who they DON'T want to be. The commercial asked men to be examples. It's your choice if you're going to be the good example or the bad example.

Oh my.. I think me going after betas triggered you. To much soy in the house?

First the very men you are running your gums about are the EXACT SAME men that will stand up for the weak, they will stand up to the bully's, they don't need to sexually harass a woman they can get a woman who wants them.

They don't need no damn virtue signaling fake ass commercial by a company trying to capitalize on #metoo to tell them how to be good men.

Pointing out hypocrisy and propaganda isn't crying. WAIT! Did you just own yourself? HOLD UP!! I thought it was ok for men to cry? I thought toxic masculinity didn't allow men to cry!?

So you are for toxic masculinity!? HAHA Damn make up your mind.

All that other crap you posted about bootstraps , working etc has nothing to do with the damn commercial. I couldn't care less what men you have in your life. Ive got a beautiful fit wife who is very successful. Im fit , strong and successful. I dont need to adhere to your definition of what a man is and what a man should take.

You're probably used to wearing the pants in your family and probably have a house full of henpecked men who you dominate over and who are to scared to tell you their true feelings in order to keep the peace. I'm not that guy woman.

16 pages of grown men crybabying over the idea of not fanboying being a neanderthal since I posted yesterday. All we've gained from that is the knowledge of exactly which members have yet to have their balls drop and become legit adults.

How sexist of you talking about balls being dropped. That might be an issue with the boys err men in your life but not one here.

Not fanboying being a Neanderthal?

A fit good looking guy going to talk to an attractive girl is being a Neanderthal?

Hello, my name is John I noticed you and wanted to tell you I find you beautiful. Are you spoken for and if not could I have your number?

OMG OMG SEXUAL HARASSMENT, YOU TOXIC NEANDERTHAL!! AHAHAHAHHA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look Bob our sons are having a friendly tussle, look at em wrestling.

OMG OMG STOP THEM thats toxic!! They cant wrestle with each other its so violent and Toxic manly!! Those little violent Neanderthals.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At a pool party. Hey girl smile you are beautiful!

HEY HEY Hold up bro! Do not violate her like that, im gonna stop you right there before you rip off her bikini and have your way with her you NEANDERTHAL!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack please leave me alone stop bullying me. Oh my! Jack pushed me and went hands on!!

BAM right in Jacks nose its all bloodied up now. Good Job!! Now Jack wont bully and touch me anymore.

WHAT!! WHAT?! OMG You Neanderthal.

Defending yourself? TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC!!!

LMAO what a joke give me a freaking break.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   
saw people talking about this ad on twitter and i KNEW i could count on the sad little boys of ATS to be the most ridiculously triggered bunch possible.

loving how the response from so many dudes has been to get on the internet and shout about it. Nothing like predictability, nothing like proving the thing you hate correct hey
edit on 17-1-2019 by continuousThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Get over yourself. I'm not even going to bother to finish reading your toxic manboy dribble. You had your say. I had my say. And I'm good. Our words will stand on their own merit.

And, as I already said, I trusted YOUR judgment about this ad and how it applies to YOURSELF. But now I'll add that you have already proven it yourself.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Get over yourself. I'm not even going to bother to finish reading your toxic manboy dribble. You had your say. I had my say. And I'm good. Our words will stand on their own merit.

And, as I already said, I trusted YOUR judgment about this ad and how it applies to YOURSELF. But now I'll add that you have already proven it yourself.

Good I agree Im done with the fat cat lady dribble also.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Thank you for doubling down on proving the point... just couldn't keep that toxic masculinity in, could you???

Keep it up. Keep telling the whole world. Keep showing the whole world. Keep letting EVERYONE know exactly who you are and why the Gillette ad hit the proverbial nail on the head.

You're nailing it, Dude.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   
A friend posted a meme of this on Instagram , from a girl said she was fed up listening to men complain about the gilette ad and its an attack on how weak and bad men are because of toxic masculinity.
And that the Gilette ad is basically every single ad ever targeted at women , who have bad skin, hair , face , eyes , body etc

I was like that seems to be the case , if that is the case , why is there not a huge campaign by feminists to stop these ad's from making women out to be low self esteem damaged women who need products to make them look and feel human !
Why do we still see these ads portraying either male or females as some how less , and therefore require their product to be "accepted" by society?

one thing I will say is there is a huge market for telling us humans that we are less without a product
targeted at both males and females , yet somehow it offends us yet somehow the market still exists?

what is more toxic to society , the ads and the companies and the products , or the small group of toxic human beings
toxicity is not a male only aspect , its a human trait , humans can be # and its not specific to male or female biology.

However I think that there is clearly more going on , when male suicide rates are higher than females , obviously the world isn't entirely easy for males either !

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Excuse me if I have got this the wrong way but from what you are saying , it suggests to me that you imply that the very act of men expressing their opinions online or anywhere that its toxic !

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

are you suggesting that bullying is within a boys natural manhood ?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Woodcarver
I think they are using this commercial as a vehicle to roll out their new line dick straight razors. I hear the slogan is

“Just cut it off”.

Only if you think that having a dick is the best a man can be.

that is what I was discussing with my girlfriend last night , what actually makes a man good , or a good male
the fact that he is a good human , makes him a good man , because he is human first and a man second
having a penis is really the only thing that can define masculinity , because look at the definition of masculinity in the dictionary , any of those aspects or traits can be applied to females too !

masculinity
/ˌmaskjʊˈlɪnɪti/Submit
noun
qualities or attributes regarded as characteristic of men.
"handsome, muscled, and driven, he's a prime example of masculinity"
synonyms: virility, manliness, maleness, vigour, strength, muscularity, ruggedness, toughness, robustness

ok save for handsome , ive never called a female handsome before!

there is nothing really that separates us male and female accept biological differences of course , but apart from that we all have the same mind capable of rational thought capable of showing compassion to others.

Instead of just attacking each other over party lines, we should be engaging each other on how to take down Gilette for even #ing suggesting this to us.

We are here taking morality lessons from a corporation !

AYE and then they still sell products all the while advancing the socio-political divide between male and female and at the same time stil in bed with big government

they get what they want and the agenda box is ticked !

Keep us hating and keep us buying !

People keep asking why men take it personally , well everyone has an ego and if you think and know you are a decent person you will be offended that someone somewhere thinks by virtue of being male you are a part of the problem or somehow toxic yourself !
To know you are a good person who supports equality and be told you are scum , its hurtful because men have feelings too and so they get upset as well !

Men are already in an intense environment as it is just dealing with other males , because we are having to deal with our toxic fathers, uncles, bosses , assholes from highschool or college who still treat you like # . These are generations of men told to suppress their feelings and emotions because there is a competition to win or a job to do or a war to win!

Buck up your ideas, man up , pick up your sacks etc

My fathers generation well in my experience are terrible with emotions , I think my dad told me he loved me once , when he went into hospital for a major operation .My fathers father generation well they were all at war and had no real time to be emotional or deal with feelings and relationships and toxic male behaviour

and all the way back , it's only now that men are starting to be ok with dealing with their emotions and talking about it to other males and females
its not an emasculation of the male of the species, its just we are embracing our ability as humans to be more in touch with our emotions as we are becoming less aggressive over time and less competitive

Well thats just how I see it , we arent losing our masculinity we cant , we cant by default of being male
what we can lose though is our ability to be compassionate and to show empathy and feel love and express our emotions we can suppress all of those things

Another user said about feminists rallying against toxic male behaviour , for acts of toxicity carried out by our fathers and fore fathers etc !

hopefully the man of tomorrow is more feminine and by that I mean understanding of emotional states , compassionate and caring
and strong

edit on 17-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
"Most men do better, but most is not enough."

Is a far better message than,

"Some men do better, but some is not enough."

The second which the comercial uses implies that most men fall into the comercial's negative sterio types.

The first which I wrote implies that most men are stand up guys, but there are those who are not and that we should act to correct that.

The second attacks men and implies there's something wrong with most men that needs to be fixed. This can do nothing but put men on the defensive.

The first encourages men's good behavior while calling on men to stand against those who sully the male name with bad behaviour.

Seeing as the tag line at the end basically is the summary of the whole commercial I figure focussing on that might give an idea why men find it offensive.

People keep saying it's talking about some men, but it's not, the commercial straight up says it's stereo types apply to most men and directly say it only doesn't apply to some.
edit on 1/17/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's high time to combat toxic feminism, too. I just don't see too many men willing to say anything

Make me a sandwich.

There, I said something.

well no one can think on an empty stomach

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
just out of pure curiosity , why did we men stop shaving our faces with barbers blades , which only need sharpened and never need to be replaced?

we replaced them with disposable plastic and expensive titanium sharpened edges which cost an arm and a leg , just so we can be accepted by society and the standards imposed upon males, when we goto work to create wealth for someone else ?

If I actually shaved with a razor id be doing it with a barbers blade, its environmentally friendly !
dosent cost anything apart from shaving foam !

and you can ask your grandfather /father to teach you how to do it and bond with him at the same time

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I think really everyone misses the point, when we live in a system that is toxic to us and our planet and all the life on it , then we get toxic humans !

lets not get rid of the toxic humans, lets get rid of the toxic system

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
To add to what I said earlier. It would be like someone saying they believe 3 out of 4 men commit rape at some point in their lives, then telling men they are being snowflakes for calling such a statistic bull# and insulting, and that if it dosn't apply to them they are the 1/4th that don't rape and shouldn't be offended.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join